Open today: 12:00 AM - 9:00 PM
Review Highlights
SIMPLY AMAZING

AMAZING! COULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS EXPERIENCE ENOUGH 😄 AN ABSOLUTE MUST IF YOU ARE IN PHI PHI... read more

Reviewed May 7, 2020
izzyizzi
One of the best way to watch sunset at PhiPhi island!

Me and my best friend we had a great time with Captain Bob’s cruise, the crew is so funny and... read more

Reviewed May 6, 2020

from $39.11
from $81.35
from $89.37
1,154 results
All reviews frank the tank monkey beach mona lisa mo mo maya bay new friends unlimited booze paddle boarding all you can drink an absolute blast great friends drinking games feeding monkeys watching the sunset highlight of our trip super fun thailand trip
Selected filters
Reviewed March 13, 2015 via mobile

My friend and I decided to try this cruise on my birthday and it was worth every penny. We went on the speedboat as the sailboat was full and had a phenomenal time. Fred and Jason are excellent guides and very helpful and friendly. Jason rescued my waterproof camera when I dropped it while swimming. I thought I would never see it again but he started diving down and looking around and within a few minutes he popped out of the water with it in his hand!
Drinks and sandwiches are provided, the sandwich was delicious. You will never forget watching the sunset in a secluded bay wearing a life jacket like a diaper with a drink in your hand, doesn't get any better than that!
I can't recommend this tour highly enough it has been the highlight of our trip.

Reviewed March 6, 2015 via mobile

Looooved this amazing experience!! Captain Bob and Sunshine rocks! They made us feel like family. Great boat, great people, great adventure! Loved maya beach and the cave with the bats. And the free beer and drinks;-) So nice to sit behind the boat in the kajaks. It would be a shame not to do this cruise if you go to phi phi! Have fun!;-)

Date of experience: March 2015
Reviewed March 5, 2015

IMPORTANT: Bring your own thick reef water shoes.

This comes from someone who has been on the Bob's Sailing Booze Cruise 3 times and sliced his foot on a coral the last time. If this does happen to you, make sure you visit the local hospital (turn left from the pier and walk for about 300 m. It will be on your right side) and don't be afraid to do the vaccination for Tetanus, if you haven't.

As for the Bob's Sailing Booze Cruise. We went on 16th of February, 2015, on a sailboat and it was OK. My first two visits were in mid August, 2014, during low season, on a speed boat and it was AMAZING. In fact, it was so great the first time, that we went again, two days later. The big difference is if you are going with the sailboat or the speedboat.
Differences:
Sailboat & High Season
The sailboat is slightly slower and everyone is mostly facing outwards, looking into the sea. There isn't much conversation happening because you only got a few people to each side. The cool thing is that they have 3 kayaks that are dragged behind the sailboat and you can get into them for fun.
The big bummer is that the sailboat cannot get very close to beaches, so you will have to jump and swim most of the time if you want to get to the shore, which is fine, HOWEVER, during high season, the water level is on average 1-2 meters lower than in low season. Which means that the monkey beach is now much, much larger and the sailboat OR the speedboat can no longer park on the beach (some corals are pretty tall so the speedboats don't risk it).
The other major drawback for going during high season is that the lagoon, on the other side of Maya Beach is nearly empty and you can no longer chill there. We had a really fun hour in that lagoon when we visited in August.

Speedboat & Low Season
The best thing about the speedboat is that everyone is packed together in the back of the boat. At first its not a pleasant feeling, but after cliff jumping and a few beers, you become best pals with everyone. That is what we enjoyed the most in August - the social factor. Not only that, our tour guide was extremely social and invited every single person to join into the main conversation. Even the shy ones started talking after a while.
Getting into Maya Bay and parking the speedboat inside of it is a hit and miss. First time (in August) we weren't able to get in and had to get from the side, where as the second time around (2 days later), the speedboat went very close to the beach and we walked for a bit in the shallow water.
The other good thing about going in Low Season is that there are WAAAAY fewer people in Maya Beach at all times. And by fewer people, I mean a few hundred less. Its crazy. When we went in February, I wasn't even interested getting off the boat and making my way to Maya Beach due to the hoards of people (which clears up by the evening).

MAIN DIFFERENCE.
So here the main part. The stuff that makes Bob's Sailing Booze Cruise amazing and sadly, it is not Captain Bob, but it is all about the tour guide.
In August we had Jason with us and this guy was absolutely mental. We had ALOOOOT of fun and it was mostly because of him. He is single-handedly the reason reason why we went for two trips in two days in August.
In February with went on the sailing boat with Captain Bob himself. It was really nice to meet the man himself, but he turned out to be a bit too serious. He was more concerned with absolute safety than making sure everyone was having a good time (which we were, but not a GREAT time). I can understand that he has been doing this for a VERY long time and has done this trip more times than I've taken my work commute back home AND I'm also sure that he has seen way too many people get hurt because of their own crazy behavior (its not hard to step on the sea urchin or a sharp piece of coral when you aren't paying attention), so I can understand Captain Bob and his priority for safety.

This has been going on for too long and if you have reached this far, you deserve a cookie (or a beer. I won't judge).
To wrap this up, as a person who has lived on Phi Phi Island for a week and been on this cruise in August and in February, I strongly recommend everyone to go in summer but when there is less rainfall (we found August to be fine). Also, its was way more fun on the speedboat than the sailing boat and Jason did a spectacular job at showing all of us a great time. I strongly recommend going with him.

Don't forget - reef water shoes and sunscreen.

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed February 27, 2015

i could't imagine a better way to see maya bay, good people, food and drinks on a boat at one of the most beautiful places i have been in my whole life, congratulations captain bob and sunshine for the amazing day, your trip deserves each one of my five stars

Date of experience: February 2015
2  Thank Rafael R
Reviewed February 25, 2015

Don't be fooled by the name, this is no typical booze cruise party boat with 100 other people dancing away to crappy Little John songs and getting shots free poured in their mouths.

This is a great day out on a sail boat with a more comfortable group of about 20 other party people. Unlimited cold beers for the boys, unlimited beers/vodka/rum for the girls. Lunch and snacks are included with the price (fresh fruit, chicken baguette, veggies and veggie options, chips etc.) Music is supplied by Captain Bob, unless someone else on board wants to plug in their tunes for a little bit. Everybody who wants to play DJ gets a turn, so don't worry if you're not into what's playing at the moment.

Bob's recruiting team does a great job of picking people for the right vibe of the boat. I'd say there was a good mix of people between the ages of 20-35 or so on our boat. I'm at the upper end of that range, and I didn't feel too old by any means. It didn't feel like we were surrounded with the types of people that we didn't want to be around. And because it was a more intimate crowd, we ended up talking to pretty much everybody on the boat, and had a good crew to party with later that night. GREAT way to meet people on the island. I suggest doing the trip in the first day or two.

Here's how the day goes. You meet at 1pm, Captain Bob and his two guides sail you around Koh Phi Phi Leh, and you stop at several different points of interest. (monkey beach, maya bay, cliff jumping, various caves including the viking cave, snorkelling etc.) Captain Bob tells you a little story about each place, and his delivery is fantastic. He asks everybody on board if they care to actually stop the boat at each place, and check it out. Of course you can just stay on the boat while everybody kyaks or swims to the site..it's all good. He provides snorkel gear for the entire crowd, crocs for hiking up the cliffs that you jump off...it's all there on the boat for you.

The day that we went out was really choppy/big water, the worst day of the year according to the Captain, so we only saw a couple of attractions on the protected side of the island. We posted up in the calm waters of Maya Bay for longer than Captain usually does, and we drank, partied, snorkeled, explored caves, went to the beach, and watched the sun set. Pretty amazing day for what was supposed to be the worst of the year. The ride back was crazy fun because the big water had the boat really rocking up and down. Captain made us all sit on one side, grab a beer, hang on tight and enjoy the ride.

After the day is done, all of the pictures and video that his crew took get blasted on the big screen at one of the bars in town. You've got time to get home, clean up, eat and head out for the night.

Captain Bob is from Vancouver, the hometown of my wife and I, so we had lots to talk about. But he didn't favour us, and it seemed like he made a point to connect with everyone on board. His crew on board was super friendly, and his staff on land was great with helping us find stuff to do on the island.

By far the best day we had on Phi Phi, and possibly the best day of our entire 3 week honeymoon. We've been home for weeks now, and I still think about it every day.

Date of experience: January 2015