“Expectations # Reality”

Bob's Sailing Booze Cruise
Ranked #5 of 40 Tours in Ko Phi Phi Don
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Captain Bob's Cruise is Koh Phi Phi's original party boat. We include open bar before and after trip that is included in your ticket price. We go to Monkey Beach, Pi-Leh Bay, Viking Cave, Loh Samah Bay, Maya Bay "The Beach" and then sunset inside Wang long Cove. Activities are Snorkelling, SUP Boarding, and Normal Drinking. All inclusive with Lunch, Fruit, Water, Soft Drinks, Snacks and UNLIMITED FREE ALCOHOL before and after the trip in our bar. The best attractions & activities without feeling like a tourist!
“Expectations # Reality”
Reviewed April 2, 2013

We had an amazing day, Nice tour over phi phi islands but no captain bob on board!! Instead there were 3 skippers and only 1 of them was nice... That was the disappointing part about this cruise especially that the price is high and that we mainly booked it because of comments saying that Bob is the best captain in phi phi...etc So, value for money? Not sure about that!

Visited April 2013
Saildiving, Owner at Bob's Sailing Booze Cruise, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
I am glad to hear that you had an "amazing, nice tour". I unfortunately cannot captain every tour and had my stand in Captain, Pedro, take over on this rare occasion. What you failed to mention in your review was that you ran a kayak up on the rocks and punched a hole in it, failing to offer the slightest bit of remorse. After Captain Pedro requested you pay a nominal fee of 1000 baht (30$US) you flatly refused. He chose to be reticent and not insist you pay, hoping you would gain some insight into your behavior. Now you have the gall to place an unwarranted, negative review about Pedro and my company. I am speechless.
Captain Bob

• Korean first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A lot of fun, friendly people”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

My friend and I went on captain bob's booze cruise on March 21st. Signing up was very easy and the lady at the stand was very personable and funny, didn't feel pressured into it as I often do at other tour stands in Thailand. Captain bob was a to the point no b.s kinda guy. He gave us a lot of good information on the caves and surrounding areas. The rest of the guys on the ship were very personable and easy to talk to. I felt comfortable and had a great time, met some really awesome people and learnt a lot of very interesting things. I would refer any of my friends coming to phi phi to do this tour over the other ones offered. Its a bit more expensive than other tours but I think it was worth it considering you do get unlimted beers and vodka or rum if your a girl. The sunset was very beautiful and a nice way to end the tour. I didn't want to get off the ship as I was having such a great time!

1 Thank brianna.el
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Relaxing and enjoyable, a must do.”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

This cruise with bob and Pedro turned a trip that was going down hill into the best way to finish the holiday. Went to Phi Phi island for one night and stayed for 4 and did the cruise twice. I highly recommend if you want to relax or get a good afternoon started this is a must.
Cheers mate. HDND

Perth
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“bob is my favourite captain!”
Reviewed February 2, 2013

captain bob is my favourite captain. granted i dont know any other captains, but i am certain he's the best. in fact, given the near-endless number of positive reviews there's really no need for me to say anything else. so instead i will write bob an acrostic poem to show my gratitude for a day very well spent;

Captain bob's
Awesome aquatic adventures are
Pleasing and pretty damn perfect
Thank you bob for the plentiful alcohol
And for your knowledgeable
Instructions in
Navigating the ocean

Bob's booze cruise is so good that i can
Openly and certainly confirm that i shall be coming
Back!

oh and also i highly recommend hiring one of bob's underwater cameras. we took heaps of photos and then bob put them all onto a cd for us to pick up the next day. what a guy!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank casey_lister
Killybegs, Ireland
“2007 trip to phi phi”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

caption bob and his foxy maid.. had a fantastic time aboard with my family would always go back and do it over again anyone going to phi phi has to do this its fantastic bob telling us how he sailed from canada to thailand on the same boat and living the life..
there was also to Dutch dudes on board we all had a fantastic time with caption bob on bobs sailing booze cruise.. maya bay and monkey beach...things have changed since then but 1 thing is i am glad i was with my brother in phi phi in 2007 good times and good memories.
thanks bob and his maid