“nice little find :)”

Cuisines: French, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 9, 2013

we stumbled on this little restaurant and it restored my faith in Phi phi, lovely food and good service but did not break the bank

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stopped for desert as we were craving sweets. The Chocolate Crepe was to die for. The staff was very friendly. Great escapade from Curry-overdose.

Reviewed November 27, 2013 via mobile

Four of us ate here we were craving some good western food. Shared a chicken sauté for starter which was delicious. All our mains.. Chicken dishes, pasta and steak were good sizes and very tasty the mash was amazing! We ate here on our last night if we had known about it before then we would of eaten many more times! Service very good too.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

Dined here five years ago with local friends who saw it as the treat of the island. Came back tonight and was hugely disappointed. We were the only customers there.
Nice intro of garlic bread. Very nice ambiance. Tonic water served in can with dead ants on top and no ice. Originally brought still water as they didn't understand what I had ordered. Cocktails incorrectly made (on menu).
Starter was fine.
Ordered two rib-eye steaks, rare, for myself and partner for main course - one with fries, one with pasta. Received (quite fast which was good) one steak with fries AND pasta. They didn't understand that we wanted two (but we were two people...). Told them not to worry, we would share, as we wanted to eat together and not wait. The food (all of it - pasta, chips, steak, and sauce) was cold. Praise however for the steak being cooked rare! Sent the steak back to be heated and managed the rest. Staff were friendly but not apologetic nor did they really understand what was the issue. This main course was 530 baht.
We were charged full price for the meal with no complementary drinks to compensate. I approached a lady at the bar on leaving who seemed to be the manager and said I was disappointed. Her response was to berate her staff, telling us 'they are too busy dreaming of their boyfriends' and pull them out of the kitchen in front of us. She told us we would have our money back for the main course and it would come out of their earnings. I said I didn't want this and she said 'if you don't take it I'll put it in my pocket myself'. A heated discussion followed regarding what I perceived to be awful management and awful treatment of staff. If the staff don't get it right, the manager should take responsibility; at the very least apologise and compensate, but never pull all the staff out, insult their competence, take their earnings (which we said was very wrong and outright refused), then in front of us hold a 'staff meeting' to discuss.
Absolutely shocked, in all my life never had such a bizarre dining experience. What a shame as this was a real treat for us.

1  Thank Laura F
Reviewed August 8, 2013

This really was exquisite cuisine. We decided to treat ourselves a bit so this place hit the spot. It was a little pricey than other places, but great value for the food. They went out of their way to create a dining ambiance. The deco had a rustic feel to it. The food was very tasty and the dessert was simply divine.I could go on and on, but the proof really was in the pudding.