“A quiet hideaway”

Viking Natures Resort
Reviewed August 19, 2013

As the name suggests, this is a nature resort and so there is no air con, which makes the room very hot at night, although there is a floor fan. The pathways are also natural and so if you are unsteady on your feet, this would not be the place for you.
The location has its own small beach and is a five minute walk to long beach - although be aware there is a steep descent doown natural paths.
The resort is a ten minute walk into the main town which is full of bars and restaurants. We didn't hear any noise from the town at night, although we were there in low season.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Viking Natures Resort

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Awesome resort to get away from all the mess that will eventually transform the whole place. Prices during the off season were insanely cheap for what you get. Be prepared for a 20 minute trek sweaty trek to get to town. Wouldn't recommend for anyone that wants to be in the middle of all the action but def for anyone over the age of 25. I enjoyed the food at the restaurant as well. Only negative thing I have to say was their credit card machine went down for the three days I was in town. Also heard the ATMS in town had a $10k Baht max daily withdrawal limit.

Room Tip: There are a few rooms located directly on the rocks with a beach view. I think these may not have t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Rohansays
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I would recommend this place to anyone!!! Absolutely STUNNING location, beautiful private beaches; great for swimming. It really is like a little piece of paradise on the crazy party island that is Ko Phi Phi. We stayed in a few other places on the main party area of the island and although it was GREAT Fun, if you don't want to party every night you're better off making the trek (by walking or taxi boat) to this quiet, tranquil and beautiful side of the island. The rooms are wooden shacks set on the hill, it's a bit of a walk to some of the rooms but it's sooooo worth it for the gorgeous views and peaceful location!! It's a nature resort so we had some geese wandering around outside our room one day (such a random sight...they didn't cause any bother though!) Also there are private hammocks outside most rooms which are ideal for relaxing in the evening. To be quite honest I couldn't really fault this place other than the restaurant wasn't amazing and checking in/out was reeeally slow but other than that if you're looking for a romantic, peaceful getaway in a beautiful location this is the place for you!! Also we found it great value for money (in relation to other accomodation on Ko Phi Phi)

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Viking restaurant is located on the beach on the way to Long Beach. Fresh juice I ordered the first time I came was tasty Orange- Banana - Lime, but I was charged extra because I asked for 3 ingredients and no ice...
I came back here the day after and I ordered Tom Yum Soup with mushrooms and it was ok, but came extremily hot and after 20 mn I passed my order. I had to ask for it and then they realised that my order was gorgot...the staff aren't very helpful, because the majority except two people don't speak English!
Then Pad See Ew came and it was almost cold and the nooddles weren't large noodle that Thai normally use to make this dish and the brown sweet sauce wasn't tasty either. I first was hesitating to send it back, because the waiter told me that it was the same as large noodles, just they didn't have them at this time...so I decided to give it a try, even if I really like the classic thai version of it.. then I found some white rice grains inside of my dish and that was it! I sent it back! I wasn't charged for Pad See Ew and War War the young woman who works there and does speak great English was very friendly and she did appologised for the food.
If you want real Thai Pad See Ew, just avoid to order it here, go better to the long beach 5 mn away from here and at the very nice setting you will enjoy a better and cheaper version of it one at Phi Phi Paradise Pearl Resort.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed July 29, 2013

We are still in the resort at the moment. It is a great experience, this is what Phi Phi is about. Feels like Paradise here. We walked to the centre today, but too many tourists for us. Rooms are great, beautifully decorated. Back to nature with great service, facilities and pleasure! A corporate hotel you can find everywhere, but here you go for the experience!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed July 24, 2013

In our search for a place to stay, as budget-conscious travelers, it seemed our only option was to pay too much for garbage accommodations...then we found Viking! We booked on Agoda for around $35/night and were pleased to find the place was worth at least $50/night if not more!!

Yes, it IS a bit of a trekk from the main drag so, if you're arriving with a ton of luggage or aren't fit for some tree-root covered hills and stairs, take a water taxi to Viking or arrange for them to pick you up ahead of time (which they will do).

We were given an upgrade upon arrival (for no reason other than just because) and stayed in a large, lovely bungalow-style room. And, true to the photos (unlike every other hotel in SE Asia) they had SWAN TOWELS set up on our bed with a fresh red hibuscus flowers adorning them!!

The room (and the lodge) had TONS of character, lovely fixtures, a fridge, a great fan, mosquito net, great bathroom...we love love LOVED it!!!

We also took a snorkeling trip that we set up through Viking and really enjoyed that too...cost was MUCH more reasonable than anything else we had come across in our search for snorkeling tours on Phi Phi. (the guy who set us up on a tour even let me borrow his sunglasses for the day...which I accidentally broke...I offered to buy him a new pair but he simply laughed and said don't worry about it)

Last but def. not least, the resort is located far enough from town that you're saved from the obnoxious club music (and clubbers) that bumps until the wee hours of the morning...was also just far enough from the main harbor that all the noise form the boat engines didn't seem to reach us either.

Had it not been for a tight time schedule, we would have stayed here many, many nights.

If I had to have one complaint, it was that their food at their restaurant wasn't our favorite...but, it, by no means, was bad.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wanderlustful18
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My friend and I just spent four days on Koh Phi Phi and I must say that I spent the vast majority of my time at the Viking Nature's Resort. We arrived on the morning ferry from Phuket and right when we got of the boat, there was a man waiting for us holding a sign that said "Viking Nature's Resort." We had to wait about thirty minutes for the other ferry to arrive and disembark but then we were ushered onto a long tail boat that took us directly to the resort.

The beach of this resort is small but gorgeous. The sand is quite soft and there are bits of coral on one side. Don't even bother leaving this beach to go look at the one on the other side of the island. That beach is filled with trash and tourists taking advantage of this island paradise.

The food is excellent at the resort and the same price as anything in town. From 7-8 pm they have free tasting of Thai food which is quite fun. We also had free breakfasts with our room reservations which was great because we got four different items (ex. pancake with fruit, fruit and granola, fresh fruit and juice, eggs). My friend opted to go scuba diving most of the time on the island but I am a snorkeler myself. When I asked the resort staff where I could book a trip to go snorkeling, they told me they do daily trips (4 hrs and 6 hrs) and I could sign up with them. There were a total of three guests that went snorkeling and we each paid 800 baht for 4 hours of snorkeling at three different sites, a trip to Monkey Bay, a trip to see Maya Beach (location for film, The Beach), and lunch! Make sure to wear sunscreen even if it is cloudy and ask to use a life vest when you go visit Maya Beach as the swim from the long tail boat to the dock is harder than you would think.

The room was very clean and they brought us a new bottle of drinking water everyday. The shower is easy to operate and there is a giant mosquito net to protect you from the monsters that live on the island. Town is about a 15 minute walk away over some pretty up and down terrain. I only went to town to get aloe and dinner one night because the resort is so much quieter and more peaceful. Night life in the town is like Spring Break in Mexico. Not my cup of tea. The resort is the exact opposite and you have a wide range of guests from families to young adult couples. They also have a complementary long tail that takes you back to Tonsai Pier when you stay is over and they will get you there in plenty of time.

A great great experience on a beautiful island! It is worth spending the extra money to stay at this resort.

Room Tip: I was in room R9. I don't remember what the specific name for the type of room was, but any of t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends