“What is everyone talking about?!”
Review of Papaya Restaurant

Papaya Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 101 Restaurants in Ko Phi Phi Don
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 17, 2013

After reading rave reviews of this restaurant my friend and I looked forward to a nice meal all day. Well we were sorely disappointed! We both ordered the Massaman curry. I ordered not so spicy and my friend ordered the spicy. We both ordered spring rolls. Well when the curry arrived neither of them were remotely spicy, a Korma would be spicier! And it way overdone with the coconut milk we felt sick after eating. It seriously lacked flavour. We weren't the only ones thinking this - a group of men at the table next to us were complaining about the lack of taste also. Our spring rolls turned up ages later and they were hard as rocks, you could knock someone out if you threw it at them! As others have pointed out there is no atmosphere in the restaurant. Overall very disappointing after what we thought was going to be delicious. If you do go DO NOT ORDER THE MASSAMAN!!

1  Thank Namaste986
There are newer reviews for Papaya Restaurant

Reviewed May 13, 2013

great service ,not expensive and best of all beautiful food and they were not in any hurry to push you out as soon as you finished your meal we also met some other holiday makers there and ended up having a very enjoyable evening.The drinks were cold and that was a bonus too

Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Tucked away down a back street a gem!! Friendly staff. Big portions and so cheap. Small menu but brilliant. Authentic tastiest Thai food I had all trip. I recommend the papaya salad and pad thai!!!

Reviewed May 9, 2013

Of all the places in Phi Phi that I ate this was by far the best Thai restaurant. The Green Thai Chicken curry was out of this world!
Highly recommend.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

This restaurant served me the best Thai green curry i have ever tasted!!! I had it at 50% spice and it was fantastic.... They cater for every person, good service and food served promptly. All food was very reasonably priced too. Recommended by me to anyone.