“Never write reviews but felt like i had to make an exception for papaya”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Papaya Restaurant

Papaya Restaurant
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Bangkok, Thailand
“Never write reviews but felt like i had to make an exception for papaya”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went here 2 years ago when i first came to koh phi phi and remember it being my favorite place to eat, but we only went there on our last day in koh phi phi, so this trip when i returned to koh phi phi we headed there for our first meal, it was great and we decided the next day to go again, papaya salad, pad thai and massaman curry were our usual 3 dishes and are all the best i've had in any restaurant across thailand, but what really set this place apart was the friendly staff, I never had to ask for the wifi password Ali came and told it to us right when he brought the menus, he brought chopsticks for the papaya salad, extra sauces for some of the dishes to try, even moved a fan over for us, it was one of the few restaurants that had working wifi, and on our last day on koh phi phi he even told us we didnt have to pay for our last meal, that it was on him, his treat, and that if we come back to koh phi phi we can stay at his guesthouse he is going to be opening for free. I have never been treated this good by any owner or restaurant in canada, the USA, europe or anywhere else in thailand or asia. When everyone else in thailand is trying to hussle you for a few extra baht, Ali and papaya gave us a free meal that was the best we had all trip and offered to help with our accommodations on future trips

• Visited February 2013

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Got serious foodpoisoning, bad tasting food and bad service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went to Papaya because of the rating on Tripadvisor.
I wish I hadnt.
First of all the service was not very good. Ordered water, but got no glass. The first dish was just put on the table. I had to guess that cutlery was in the small metalbox under the napkins (actually one of the other guests told med, as the waiter ignored my call)
Second: The food did not taste good by any measure. One of the dishes was very hot (spicy) which can be ok. But it didnt taste of anything beside chili. The other course tasted like something you get from a jar in the supermarket. And the springrolls were not worth mentioning.
Third, but not least: I had to go straight home as I felt quite bad after eating their food. The place looks kind if filthy and I would not recommend Papaya for people with a weak stomach.
I had to go the the hospital and see a doctor. I got some pills but after 3 days still not ok, so beware
Only upside is the price which is low by Phi Phi standards. But it is not even worth that.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Slesvigeren
“Good food, bad indian waiters. Thumbs up from toothsticks”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Good food , Indian waiters are rude and slow. thumbs up from toothsticks.
Food came diffrent times for all of us, and pad thai was strange. Very spicy food, extra for that.

Aalborg, Denmark
“Lousy service and non tasting food.....”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2013 via mobile

I have just eaten at the restaurant and must admit that im for sure not impressed!! First of ALL the Indian Staff was rude and unfriendly. Furthermore the food was non tasting.

ALL in ALL a cheap meal but once again the old thumb rule counts: YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR!! As a final remark my friend and I are both having problems with our stomach now...... :-(

2 Thank Kterkelsen
“Great experience. Great service. Great food.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

The place is simple and nice. Service is very friendly and helpful. The menu is simple... You select the dish and then you select how it is made (spicy? Which sauce, etc.)
Food comes out quickly.
Tastes delicious!
Prices are very reasonable...