“Absolute Scenes of Sheer Unrealness!”
Review of Papaya Restaurant

Papaya Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 101 Restaurants in Ko Phi Phi Don
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've travelled around a lot and this is one of the best food places by a mile to eat, not only in Thailand but the world!

Pad thai is amazing, be it with prawns, chicken or straight up as it comes! Every curry is tasty and plentiful, massaman, green, red and my personal favourite panang!

The price you pay for the quality and volume of food is second to none!

Some people may be put off by the cheap looking tables and chairs but if you know anything about Thailand these are the best places to eat by a mile!

And to top it off everyone that works there is friendly, polite and helpful! What more could you ask for!

Every time I come back to Koh Phi Phi its the first place I go to! A must try!

There are newer reviews for Papaya Restaurant

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Good prompt service - good portion sizes - good value for money.

Great for people travelling, probably not best for people wanting a nice quiet/romantic meal.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

I was recommended Papaya by a number of people and it wasn't anything special. To start with I sat at a table outside and I could smell rubbish bins really strongly! Kind of made me feel ill to start with. I ordered 'spring roll' - there were four large ones so good value but could mainly taste the grease they had just been fried in. I also ordered the chicken green curry which was huge, as was the rice that I had to order separately. My meal would have fed two. I didn't like the curry but that is possibly because I don't like aniseed which was the main taste. It was very nicely presented and perhaps I chose badly but was still disappointed. I'd probably give it another go as everyone else raves about it but ask to sit inside!

Reviewed January 8, 2013

I only ate there once but the tamarind shrimp I had were very tasty and the portion was big.

Staff were friendly and there was free wifi

Reviewed December 30, 2012

Funny and friendly local guy who knows a lot and makes great dishes! We had some fresh fish and it was probably the best fish I've ever had.