“Great Staff - awesome shop ”

P.P. Aquanauts Scuba
Ranked #2 of 47 Tours in Ko Phi Phi Don
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With roots going back to 1989, P.P. Aquanauts Scuba is one of the first purpose-built dive centers on Phi Phi. With a unique non-commercial but professional style, both fun and safety are maximized. All dives are planned and supervised to strict PADI standards, which are recognized worldwide. Personal attention and professional care are corner-stones of the Aquanauts family. Customized trips, night dives and drinks on the breezy porch are available every day of the year.
Reviewed March 14, 2015 via mobile

After stopping at Phi Phi Diving, the #1 rated dive shop on TA and feeling like the girl giving us the info was rushed and just wanted to upsell us pushing us to get advanced certification when all we wanted was a fun dive, we gave the #2 rated shop, Aquanauts, a chance.
Mike greeted us with a very friendly and thorough explanation of everything. He asked us what we wanted to see and quickly became more of a friend than someone trying to sell us packages. We had no doubt this would be a better overall experience, and since all the shops in phi phi are the same price we booked a dive trip for the next morning.
Our dive master was a sweet french girl. When doing the dive brief she asked us what we wanted to see and I mentioned I really wanted to see seahorses and leopard sharks since I'd never seen them before. While diving she actually made an effort to look for seahorses which from my experience are very hard to find, but she didn't give up and found a little guy for us..it was amazing to finally see one. We also got lucky and saw a couple of leopard sharks. Overall my experience was great snd highly recommend this dive shop!

2  Thank MuchWanderlust
Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"sea snakes"
in 8 reviews

Reviewed March 13, 2015

The staff at this company are fantastic. They are friendly, fun, accommodating and all of them know what they are doing when it comes to scuba diving. They are one of the first dive groups on the island so they know their stuff. Three friends and I did two fun dives. We saw a ton of black tip reef sharks on our second dive. A great company to dive with!

Date of experience: December 2014
1  Thank MorganAsh
Reviewed February 25, 2015

We met Mike by chance one night walking past Aquanauts looking for somewhere to eat. He asked were we interested in Diving to which I replied Its on the cards at some stage of our holiday. Mikes English, so immediately I felt he was easier to talk to and understand, so we stopped for a quick chat.

Really nice guy - as well as a quick chat about scuba diving he gave us info of where to eat and places to go on Phi Phi. I said Id call back in a few days. At this stage he probably thought I was just another customer that slipped through the net, but it couldn't have been any more of the opposite!

As a couple of days passed (and as I walked by many dive shops - all who tried to sell me a dive), Aquanauts stuck in my head and I knew they would be a great team to dive with after my first impressions.

So I went back and booked my discover scuba diving course for the next day. Unfortunately my girlfriend changed heart at last minute and decided not to go - but I have to say the way Mike dealt with it was brilliant, wasn't pushy or the likes. I filled out relevant paper work and ordered my lunch from a good choice of dishes. Next morning arrived and we were offered tea & coffee as the instructors arrived.

Gregory was our instructor. Couldn't praise this guy enough. Cool & calm, very thorough too. Before the dive, as we got in the water for our skills and also throughout the dive he maintained a very reassuring demeanour.

Needless to say I had one of the best days of my 3 weeks in Thailand with these guys. Both dives were unreal. They obviously know the best sites to go to. Visibility was amazing and some of the sealife was incredible, including TWO turtles.

We stopped at Maya Bay for while too for a bit of swimming / jumping off boat etc. The Aquanauts boat is clean and well maintained. Toilet, upper deck for sunbathing, tea coffee & water available allday.

Thanks to Mike, Gregory and the rest of the team for an unforgettable day!!

1  Thank average_joseph
Reviewed February 22, 2015

This was the second dive I have ever done, but the first time an instructor had explained anything about the apparatus or safety. I found the instructors to be very professional and fun. In fact all the staff were really friendly even if they weren't your instructor, they made you feel at ease and welcome.

The boat trip was great itself, even though I felt a bit sea sick, and the lunch they provided tasted lovely - a real treat.

I think there were 5 different groups diving when we went out, but each group had an individual instructor - which meant each group could go at our own pace. I really appreciated this personable approach because as a beginner I didn't feel as though I was holding anyone back.

We saw a shark, turtle and octopus which was amazing! Lots of fish and some beautiful coral.

I would like that thank Maria for making our dive at Aquanauts memorable and in fact really making our whole trip to Phi Phi fantastic with advice and help on a number of matters. If I head back down to Phi Phi I will defiantly be diving with P.P. Aquanauts Scuba again.

2  Thank tabbymcintyre
See more reviews
Reviewed February 19, 2015

My boyfriend and I decided last minute to go scuba diving and we were instantly drawn in by the amazing and friendly staff. We were beginners so we had a lot of questions. We got great insight before any sort of commitment and don't regret the experience at all. Our instructor Surge was awesome. Very helpful, calm and really made us feel at ease. The experience itself is mind-blowing. Surge is very professional and goes along at whatever pace you need (he's also Canadian so that was a win win for us). Instructors only take two clients per instructor and we felt very very safe and taken care of. Surge really took great care of us and we appreciated everything he showed us. We did two dives and saw incredible marine life. The lunch was delicious as well.
We highly recommend this experience to anyone and everyone! There is something for everyone and it is very catered to individualistic needs!! Highly recommended. Thanks Surge!!