“Excellent!!”

P.P. Aquanauts Scuba
Ranked #1 of 40 Tours in Ko Phi Phi Don
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With roots going back to 1989, P.P. Aquanauts Scuba is one of the first purpose-built dive centers on Phi Phi. With a unique non-commercial but professional style, both fun and safety are maximized. All dives are planned and supervised to strict PADI standards, which are recognized worldwide. Personal attention and professional care are corner-stones of the Aquanauts family. Customized trips, night dives and drinks on the breezy porch are available every day of the year.
Reviewed December 6, 2012

these guys are great! They are not pushy, like some others that every time you pass by they shout "diving guys??", no, these guys are very relaxed, very cool and super friendly! it was the first time i ever did diving before, i was nervous and excited and i felt so safe with my instructor. they only take 2 people per instructor, which is great for 2 reasons 1) it is more personal if you do diving for the first time and you have all the attention and 2) in a bigger group you need to all go up when the first guy runs out of oxygen, and then go down for the rest of you, and then up again for the 2nd guy and down again, so its not worth it and you miss all the fun. Food is included in the day. After the diving day we met them in the night for drinks, what a cool group, if i had more days i would definatetly do another dive!

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Just returned from Phi Phi It was awesome. This was my second time dive whit P.P. Aquanauts Scuba. They are the best. The staff, management are very friendly and professional,and they can help whit not dive related things as well.
If any one go to Phi Phi, i highly recommend them. You not going to bee disappointed.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just returned from 10 days on Phi Phi. My wife and I had a great experience with Aquanauts Scuba during our last trip to phi phi in 2007 so we were thrilled to find out that Hugo is still managing the shop. The level of service and professionalism is still top notch. The staff is very friendly, competent, and one hell of a lot of fun. We did 12 fun dives with 3 of the dive masters/instructors and did our Nitrox cert with another during this trip. We highly recommend diving with Aquanauts on your next trip to Phi Phi. When you stop by be sure to ask Fabrice to do his frog fish impression.

Tip: Johanna takes the most amazing under water pictures. Don't rent a camera, do a picture dive with Johanna!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

These guys are awesome! I was there for one week, did 10 dives and had the best week of my year! I have been diving in Barbados and Malaysia and Phi Phi is the best by a long shot. The team are really friendly but at the same time very proficient and professional instructors and divers. By the end of the week I felt like part of the family. In short this is the best dive shop you will encounter.

Reviewed November 1, 2012

Was told by one of my mates to attend a scuba diving class to get some sort of certificate, so decided to read up on a few of the providers available on Phi Phi Island. Frankly my search wasn't too long as the reviews of PP Aquanauts says nothing but "Excellent". So I landed on PP Don in late Sep 2012, straight off the boat and to the shop. Hugo was very accommodating and via our email exchanges the day before, the shop felt like a well-run place. Before I knew it, I was knee-deep in sea-water and was doing practice lessons with my instructor Joe - this pizza-munching dude is built like a machine! After 2 1/2 days of intense theory, and beautiful diving sessions, I got my Open Water Certificate!

Food:
The food provided on the boat was fantastic. After a 4-hr session of constant physical exercise, you will get extremely hungry and dehydrated. You will be asked what you want to order the day before, so lunch is pre-packed - I ordered the cashew nut chicken with rice which was awesome. Fruit - watermelon and pineapple is provided as well and this was fantastic to replenish lost fluids.

Marine life:
I was lucky enough to spot many different marine species such as black-tip shark, squid, mantis shrimp, various coral fish and anemone.

Tip:
If you're prone to sea-sickness, take a pill 1 hr before heading out - otherwise you'll feel nauseous and it'll make you wanna go home.

To anyone who wants to start a scuba diving course, ensure you're a good swimmer and fit, or at least know how to look after yourself in open water - I did see some beginners out in the open, and we felt sorry for the instructor because it does take a lot of energy to dive into something so challenging. Nevertheless, I recommend this course for anyone interested and is determined to succeed.

Hugo - you have a great team and well-run shop - great work!

To Joe my instructor - thanks for being so patient and accommodating. Keep up the awesomeness. Real estate will be hot again soon! :D