Lowest prices for your stay
Get rewarded with One Key
Rowan B
Melbourne, Australia
The stairs are a Killer
1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 27, 2011
Beware when you let Thai travel agents book accommodation for you. We were going to book Mama Beach Resort but were told this was great and someone would meet us from the Ferry. On arrival at Phi Phi island there was no one from the resort to meet us. Taxi man took our bags for 250B to resort steps, which was quite a walk from the beach and pier. 135 large steps up to reception awaited my wife and I in humid conditions, Greeting at reception not that great. Paid for room and told it was at the top of resort. Another 117 large steps and ramps awaited us to get to our room. We were exhausted by the time we got to our room and decided this was not a suitable place to stay due to the fact of the 255 stairs, no pool and right away from the beach. Went straight down to reception and said the resort was unsuitable for us due to the above. Beware.... they would not refund any of our money. Even though we had just paid. Got on the Internet and booked Mama Beach Resort which was right on the beach and fantastic. I cannot recommend Arboreal Resort to anyone.
$201
No prepayment needed
    $201
    $180
1.3 miles from Phi Phi Arboreal Resort
Beachfront
Phi Phi the Beach Resort is a dream location for any visitor looking for either an eventful or relaxing holiday. Situated on the quiet Long Beach, which overlooks the stunning Maya bay island, our hillside villa views are unbeatable.
$149
    $39
    $86
0.7 miles from Phi Phi Arboreal Resort
View more hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Brilliant island and if you want ultimate luxury you need to look at the most expensive hotels. The hotel is high up and the stairs take it out of you especially in heat.

Beware that nature is all around as on the morning of check out I struggled to leave as I was surrounded by monkeys!

Reviewed August 22, 2011

Never read trip advisor before staying, have read it since and everyone who mentions the steps is right to do so! What a climb in soaring heat. Room fine but not as nice as my one in karon beach. Took a little bit longer than expected to leave my room on the morning of check out due to the attack of the monkeys!!!!!

Reviewed July 10, 2011

Went here with my girlfriend as part of our 2 weeks in Thailand staying in Phuket. Was supposed to be in phi phi for two nights but decided to stay one, simply because the hotel we were staying in in Kata was luxury and this felt like a massive step down. By phi phi standards to be fair it was probably not too bad as most of the hotels in the main part are filthy. This wasn't filthy, just a little bit dirty. The views are brilliant. Toilet stank to high heaven of sewage. Friendly and helpful staff. Probably great if your travelling and aren't too fussed about where you stay however if you're looking for something really nice I would look elsewhere.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 17, 2011

I was quite happy with my stay in this hotel. Yes, the stairs were demanding - I had to take a shower every time I reached the room, but for my part, it was totally worth it. The view from our room was awesome, and the room was nice and clean. I wasn't very bothered by the music from bars etc, but I can imagine that some people may be. We were also visited by monkeys, the were a little aggressive, but it was fun seing them!
Staff was nice, and breakfast too.

Date of stay: April 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Charge you more than they state in the prices. Cockroaches everywhere. No hot water. Up loads of steps to get to hotel. No continental breakfast. Rooms are awful, covered in damp and not finished!
Do yourself a big favour and avoid this hole!!!

Date of stay: April 2011