Tohko Beach Resort
Phi Phi Banyan Villa(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$55
  • Breakfast included
Phi Phi The Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$115
$86
  • Restaurant
P. P. Palm Tree Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$73
$63
$162
$143
  • Beachfront
  • Pool
Zeavola Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$290
  • Free Internet
$159
$126
  • Beachfront
P.P. Erawan Palms Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$80
$67
  • Pool
Phi Phi Hotel(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$42
$38
  • Pool
All reviewsbamboo hutmosquito netlong tail boatno hot watercreepy crawliesmain portminute boat ridephi phi townromantic getawayquiet sidewater taxiper dayyour feetmaya bayflip flopspad thaielectricity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Now I must be honest I was less than impressed when I first saw this place but she loved it in a romantic desert island sort of way. The accommodation was extremely basic (the semi outdoor concrete showers where fun), the food was average (not a complaint), the location however did have a little magic about it. I enjoyed an afternoon snorkelling (fantastic) and canoeing. We had booked for 2 nights and extended our stay by 1 night, after that the place was fully booked so we had to leave, she'd have stayed but I was happy to depart while I still appreciated the charm of the place.

TIPS: if you decide to climb to the top of the 'mountain' which is well worth the trip allow 40 minutes to ascend if you are fit, do not wait until sunset to descend as it is a dark and dangerous jungle path. A well charged digital camera got us down, but only just. Spend a little extra and get a good sea front bungalow with a hammock, there is very little here so bring some provisions and enjoy the long sunny days. If you must you take the resort boat to Phi Phi town, departs early and returns late afternoon.

Room Tip: Get on the sea front, the northern end is probably the best. Get a hammock bring some snacks.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I choose this hotel, mainly because I wanted to be far away from the over-crowded center of Koh Phi Phi and luckily I succeeded in this. From Tohko Beach resort, the centre can only be reached by a long tail boat, or a long walk. There is a nice and calm beach with excellent snorkeling possibilities. I booked a “Sea view bamboo fan bungalow” , which I really can recommend. You get a romantic, and rather open, hut just at the sea shore. Of course, you don’t get any luxury, but this was also not what I aimed for (this time). In fact, everything is rather primitive but this has also its charm. All kind of insects (and gekkos) can easily enter the hut and at one time even a bat was making circles in the sleeping room. Electricity is only available from 18:00 and the bathroom has no warm water. There was also a big hole in our bed sheet. We asked for another sheet and got again one with a big hole. Only after the third time, we got a bed sheet without a hole. The pillows of the bed also smelled a bit (probably because of the constant moisture). So, if you don’t mind about all this, it is really a good hotel and it is quiet during the night. You can order some good breakfast and dinner at the main building. The people of the hotel were friendly and it was also possible to order some excursions (to nearby islands) directly from the hotel. At fixed times, there was also a boat leaving to the center . All in all, a nice and relaxing experience.
Definitely recommended: Mosquito island (for snorkeling) and the island Phi Phi Ley (paradise).

Room Tip: book Sea view bamboo fan bungalow
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Snorkelingman
Reviewed August 21, 2013

It's not for everyone, and we're a couple in our early 30s not looking for the cheapest backpacker stay. This place wasn't far off its own description & I'm glad we tried it, but wouldn't go back. Overpriced for what you get, we paid I think $60 for 1 night, even at half that it'd be bad value. To top it all off we were (we think) ripped off by the owner to get a longboat to our next resort which was less than 10 mins away. 800 baht for that journey is ridiculous. Bed was like a slab of concrete, sheets were clean feeling but covered in stains. Not saying they were unwashed, just not properly. We wanted to try the hut on the beach thing but I'm sure there are better and more reasonably priced options out there.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JonnyLA
Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

We left Tohko this morning and everything about this place is amazing. The staff were fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. The resort is secluded (only accessible by long tail boat) and just what we needed. Our 4 night stay here was great - I was sad to get on the ferry and leave.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Tianalee
Reviewed August 10, 2013

We booked Tohko based on trip advisor reviews as it seemed to be the best compromise between comfort and affordability. Keep in mind that Phi Phi isn't as cheap as most places in Thailand. We were a little bit weary as the reviews we read seemed fairly inconsistent. Our experiences exceeded expectations.

Someone was waiting for us on the dock when we got off the ferry, they were friendly and despite a mix up with them having the wrong name on their booking list, they took us to the resort where we were able to clear things up.

The place is family run, and everyone who works there was very friendly and spoke enough english that we never had trouble communicating.

Snorkeling gear is $1 US per day, so unless you REALLY want to save money, don't bother bringing your own stuff.

Food at the restaurant was cheap by Phi Phi standards, expensive by Thai standards. True, you don't have any other restaurants to choose from, but that's the tradeoff for getting to stay on what is essentially a private beach that only has a handful of other tourists on it.

Speaking of the beach, it's pretty nice. A few hammocks and chairs you don't need to pay for (though they don't recline). They have an employee sweep the beach line every morning to get rid of any debris that washes up.

We stayed in a bamboo beachfront room (hut) and it was wonderfully romantic, though the frame of the building was essentially one giant ant nest. The mosquito net keeps out all the bugs, and while the mattress may not have been the most comfortable one of our trip, it was far from the worst.

It's a bamboo hut on the beach. If that sounds awesome to you, you will love this place. If that sounds like squalor, then I hear there is an Outrigger.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple