“Overpriced & old desserts”

Italiano Bar and Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Luxembourg District, Luxembourg
“Overpriced & old desserts”
Reviewed August 15, 2012

The prices are roughly double comparing to most of the nearby restaurants. We tried them for dessert once and never came back for the proper meal. Both cakes were old and rusty. Vanilla ice cream - tasteless. Finally, the bill was higher than for a lunch with beverages we had earlier this day at a local competition. Avoid!

P.S. Also avoid their toilet...

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Lukasz555
Parons, Proprietario at Italiano Bar and Restaurant, responded to this review, August 16, 2012
The prices of my restaurant are clearly lower respect the same level restaurant in the mainland like Krabi or Phuket, despite our costs are clearly superior and this because of kind of tourism that Phi Phi are developed in the last years.
To say that our dessert are old are really suspicious and this because we change our cake every 3 days the ice-cream personally I think is one of the best in Thailand than even the water sound ridiculous.
Anyway we have the price exposed in the entrance of the restaurant and in all the menu there the price. So before spend your money think if you have enough in your pocket.

• Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Valencia, Spain
“Worst service of our whole trip!”
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We went for lunch at italiano just after 12.30pm figuring we had plenty of time before catching our ferry to phuket at half past two!

However we didn't reckon on the 45 minute wait for our food (and it wasn't even very busy) and then the waiter appeared to have completely forgotten my meal! When I reminded him he brought out a completely different meal and tried to convince me that it would do despite me telling him I was vegetarian and this other meal had meat! By the time all of this had happened it was about twenty to 2 and he told me it would probably take ages to make another meal for me! Therefore I had to eat the bread from my friends meal just to take my malaria tablets as we were travelling up to northern Thailand that day from phuket and go hungry for the rest of our travels!

We also saw one of the waitresses petting a cat and then touching peoples food and picking up a fruit garnish from a drink that had fallen on the bar and putting it back in a drink to be served!!

1 Thank galway_girl89
Parons, Proprietario at Italiano Bar and Restaurant, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
My dear guest I beg you pardon if it happen really to you, and of course I believe you.
What look me strange is that you wrote that was not even busy, when these days we are really busy. What I suggest to you when some disservice happen in the restaurant is to ask for the manager, and than he knows how to take care of the problem, I think this is the normal behavior of the customer in all the world.
Believe me these days we are working a lot and considering that usually only who are completely dissatisfied like you write a comment while 100 and 100 of customer very satisfied don't write any comments unless the director don't stimulate the customer or they are friends, I can write that some mistake can happen we try to prevent any inefficiencies, and when unfortunately happen, if the customer ask for the manager I personally go to the table and as soon as I understand is our fault I do my best to suit the customer needs
Sorry again for your mishap.
“Dont go there for eating!”
Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

we were ther for eating italian food because if you herebthe name you might think that they do nice italian dishes....
NOT AT ALL.
We ate three diffrent pizzas and each of them tastes the same way... like nothing.
they have many of spicy things of the table butvthey also taste like nothing only thevtabasco could give the pizza a little bitvof taste.
So the price would have been okay if the food would have tasted, but it didnt.
so do not believe the good comments!!

1 Thank Pouffquake
For me is not easy to answer to this comment, because everyday honestly I receive
a lot of congratulations about my pizza and my pasta. Moreover all my ingredients are
selected , personally after a careful evaluation.
In the pizza all my topping are imported from Italy are more expensive but give the difference, to who are used to taste the food.
Sorry I don't want be ungracious, but considering that you are so arrogant (you think to be MIchelin Guide), I think that or you were so hungover that you don't realize what you were eating, or your palate is so rude that you can't speak about food. Than if we speak about bucket I give all my respect.
“Overpriced restaurant!”
Reviewed July 24, 2012 via mobile

My friend and I ate here yesterday evening. for starter I had mixed appetisers my friend mixed cheese. both plates were correct, only comment is the tiny portion cheese which was cut in small cubes. When we ordered, we asked the waitress very clearly to wait with the main course until the appetisers were finished. She replied in good English she understood and it was ok. When we were in the middle of the first plate they brought the main dish.. The main dish: I had spaghetti seafood: the mussels were tiny and not eatable, clamps were full of sand,.. My friend had fish which was correct. Total: 1360B An important reason for the low score is that we saw a client treated like I've never saw before. He had ordered lasagne, tasted it and said to the girl it was cold, they took it to the kitchen and returned it two minutes later - still cold. He asked again to warm it up, but they just took it away and let him sit for one hour. When he finally said he just wanted the check and go, they charged him full for the cold lasagne. Management saw he was complainging to the waiter but only came when he was starting to make louder complaints. 'You are stressed out' management said, and 'did you taste the lasagne or not' finally, after a lot of discussion they took it of his check and he left..without food.

Edmonton, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy”
Reviewed May 22, 2012

The food was soooo good and the staff was super friendly

Visited May 2012