“Party with the cockroaches ”
Review of Pong Pan House

Pong Pan House
Ranked #59 of 64 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

After a night out partying I stumbled into what I thought was my room-turned out to be a cockroach disco!! (Have you ever seen under age kids drinking run from the cops? This is what happens when you turn on the lights with cockroaches) this would have been fine but I was tired and they also didn't pay any baht for the room. It got even weirder when they tried to be the little spoon in the bed!

All in all the best part was they had a towel hanger to dry my towels in the room-that's where the one star comes in.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Pong Pan House

Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

Me and all of my cockroach friends and family loved our stay here! It was perfect for all of my GIANT uncles and cousins. The smell of sewage throughout this place really made all of us feel right at home! There were so many of us, on the walls, floors, and in the beds. We made 2 people change rooms after their first night to the second floor. They stayed for only one more night because they didn't enjoy me and all my giant cockroach friends. They left the room at 9pm to find another place to stay

Overall: unless you are a cockroach, avoid this place. Even if it's booked and paid for already. Go somewhere else and never look back.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank andrewbowie
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Great location near beach parties, shops, Restaurants and pier. But had roaches in room, and on bed. Discussing. Cheap 800 baht per night. Wifi worked on/off, and hardly ever after 10pm till morning. Stayed 3 nights.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

When I arrived in Phi Phi, I looked for a room less of 800b. It was tricky on this small island. And I found this hostel without reading the reviews. I checked the room with fan on the second floor (I wanted a window). Looked nice and not expensive, and also very clean.
I spent 3 nights for 600b/night without AC. It's close to the beach so it's little bit noisy during the night. But it's ok.
So don't be afraid about all the reviews. I didn't see any cockroaches or bed bugs. And there is a great cleaner team in the morning. I think the hostel improve and make some change.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed March 10, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights and were terrified when we read the reviews as they had a 0% rating. When we arrived the man at the desk was helpful and let us leave our backpacks, once we got our room we noticed the staff steam cleaning the mattress from another room which gave us hope that our stay would be ok. Our room was clean with aircon which was needed as the place was rather hot, as others have said it was quite noisy but its known for having crazy partys so we expected it to be loud, but we both managed to sleep with no problems

Room Tip: get air con
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2014

I booked a room at this hotel. Lucky for me, when we got there they had no rooms. I am glad for this, since the staff were rude and had no people skills. He tried to get the money from me and take me to a different hotel. This is when I laughed in his face and questioned why I would give him money if I wasn't going to stay at his so called hotel. He looked shocked, as if he's conned many people in the past. I feel bad for anyone who had to stay here. I got lucky there was no room for me, and found something for a much better price and a much better value.

Room Tip: My tip is to stay away from this place. You are better off sleeping on the beach.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 5, 2014

We decided to head to Phi Phi a day earlier than planned at very short notice so had little choice in accommodation around the busy Christmas period. This was one of the cheapest available but was still 2000Baht for a double room. The location, on the flat bit of Ton Sai village with no hills to walk up but that was the only good thing about it really.

There was very little communication on check-in, I can only assume this was a language barrier otherwise it was just rudeness. It was quite noisy at night, so not great if you're not the ones out partying. Our room was very cramped and a bit dirty considering the relatively high cost of it. We found a dead cockroach on the floor when we got there so it looked like the room hadn't been cleaned properly. Only a satin sheet available for the bed which was a bit weird. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple