“Worst place I've ever been!”
Review of Maney Resort

Maney Resort
Ranked #51 of 61 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
“Worst place I've ever been!”
Reviewed December 31, 2011

My new year started great in this friendly clean place... Not!
My clothes and bags adopted the disgusting smell of the bungalow, don't even think of leaving your wet towels outside, cause they burn their rubbish infront of the resort and this smell is even worse! At night you have to share your bathroom with cockroaches and the moskitonet falls down on you.
If you have any questions about the islands, they just provide a map, no informations about tours, it seems that they try to avoid a conversation with you. We were checking out at 10:30, but because there was a line at the reception, we were to late for breakfast (2 minutes) and they didn't even serve us any more! Just trying to sell a transportation to the peer!
We just booked it, cause there was no other bungalow available anymore and I know why! I would rather sleep in a longtailboat!

• Stayed December 2011

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Polish first
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The only positive feature about this hotel is the free wifi even though every phi phi hotels offer wifi as well. The bungalows are located outside the centre, on a hill, make sure you're fit as you're gonna have to climb loads of steps to reach your room. The site is dirty and stinky, old toilets sitting under the bungalows. I also need to mention the place is infected with mosquitoes, the beds are unconfortable and the services overpriced. The list is longer so take my advice:DON'T STAY THERE!!!

• Stayed November 2011

Travelers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

London
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Location a little bit of town which is good if you want to get some sleep at night, however those who are sensitive to noise, may still need ear plugs.

Traditional bamboo huts which smelt old and damp. Bathroom is more like a concrete cave with no window and only natural light through cracks between wall and ceiling. There is very little in way of shelving or rails in bathroom which is a pain. 1st hut we saw the toilet was leaking, however owner didnt seem worried and was quite rude, however staff were really friendly.

No water provided or minibar facility. Bed hard.

We were only the 2nd hut up (about 90 steps up) and only just managed to get wifi intermitently. No cleaning on 2nd day.

• Stayed November 2011
Chesterfield
Reviewed August 24, 2011

It is a shed on the side of a mountain, and it is pretty unclean, but for me, and I'm sure many others, it was a cheap place to stay (It is expensive on Phi Phi for accommodation). It has a character which I grew to like and the views are spectacular. The main problems was hands down the hill. It wouldn't be my first choice, but I'd stay there again if I had to.

Room Tip: Air-con is a must
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Just back from 5 nights at Maney during low season and we were very happy staying there. Paid 600 Baht a night which was fairly reasonable considering some of the accommodation we saw that was a similar price. Our room was large and pretty well equiped (good quality fan, TV, decent beds, large bathroom).

Yes it is a bit of a walk from the pier but for us (backpackers in our mid twenties) it was ok really and you can pay (50 Baht I think) to have your luggage taken for you.

For us it was a nice location as we wanted to be away from the loud, cramped centre of Ton Sai and we were close enough to be able to easily walk to any restaurant, bar, 7/11 etc.

Very friendly staff, quiet location, a reasonable price and good location for those who want to be away a little bit away from Ton Sai but still enjoy the options for food, drinks etc that it provides.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank neil7908
Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2011

Me and my partner turned up on 31/12/2010 the busiest time of year, to be told by reception sorry were full. I showed the lady my reservation that i made a few months before and she said " i don't care, here's your deposit back now go away and find somewhere else". Not only did she leave us with no accomodation she was rude and arrogant to go with it and her attitude stank. Dont ever stay here because the same could happen to you, and its a horrible situation to be in.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank welzy87
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 19, 2010

Arrived at this resort after a 10 min walk through Phi Phi in the blistering heat. Got to the mountain side treetop bungalows. We were directed by the lady up a very steep and not very safe set of steps to the bungalow, decided we couldn't do that hike everyday so asked to be moved, which we were.
The staff are very friendly and happy to help, the breakfast is basic but ok.
The bungalows on the other hand are very basic, in need of a serious re-decoration, espeically the bathroom which I have to say me and my boyf called it the Dungeon, as that is what it felt like. No hot water and lots of insects reside here at night, gruesome!!
The bedroom is prone to mosquitos so once you live there you then to be a bit of a prisoner within your net.
It is quiet and the better side of the island away from the Boom Boom of the main town (like a strip in Greece) so if your not going for this your best to stay further out
However if that doesn't bother you then and you get a next to nothing rate for your stay then happy days

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
#9 of 138 in Ao Nang
Zabava Guest House
Zabava Guest House
#20 of 138 in Ao Nang

Been to Maney Resort? Share your experiences!