“The name says it all”

PP Ingphu Viewpoint
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Ingphu pronounced ing poo lives up to its name. We stupidly booked here in advance for four nights but didn't end up staying one night. If you like views of a dirty stinking pit of water and a hike up a steep hill then maybe this is the place for you. Totally not worth the money. Staff were rude too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Victoria1944

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

Before I write the review I'd like to say that I never actually stayed a night in the hotel. I fell foul of not doing prior research, on arrival at Phi Phi was shown pictures of the resort and thought that it was good value. As we arrived at the hotel although the resort is small the hotel is located at the end of the resort and up a slight hill. Then shown our rooms awful is the only word I can think of, small, dated furniture was in poor condition bathroom was terrible.
Went and checked on other accommodation PP Casita which was much better, went back to viewpoint to tell reception that we were cancelling our booking as we were told we could to then have a big argument with the staff who refused to allow us to leave without paying for at least a night. After much arguing we were then told the booking was cancelled and we didn't have to pay anything. In short terrible rooms and even worse customer service.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Last time I stayed on ko phi phi my friends and I stayed in a 17 bed dorm that had no security, no decent shower toilet or sink and was really quite filthy. Ingphu was exactly the same price and was a far nicer experience.
The good points: it's cheap for phi, it's not loud like most places are, it has a nice pool and lovely hotel staff. The rooms are nice and comfortable and it's great waking up to monkeys jumping on the roof tops. The walk to town only takes ten mins.
The bad points: yes It is up a hill, but the way people have reviewed it you'd think it was mount Everest. It's a bit of a climb but it literally takes 5 minutes to do. I'm not the fittest person in the world and I could do it in that time, it really was nothing, especially coming back from a night out u don't even feel it!
The only other thing is that the roads leading to it are narrow little paths and aren't lit well, I came to phi phi with two guys in my group but being a girl, I wouldn't have like to walk back from there alone, that said phi phi is not the safest place at all and is going down hill rapidly, this will be my last visit as its just about be en ruined now.
I would definitely stay here again however I live and work in Thailand as a teacher and came here as a weekend break, for families I think this place would be fine too but in all honesty if that is what youre looking for, phi phi is not the place for a family holiday!
Go to drink and party and just acctept that sleep is not on e cards, otherwise you'll have a horrible time wherever u go.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Georg D
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel! It was a great experience staying in a seperate bungalow on the side of a hill and having a feeling like you are in the middle of the junggle! One day, we saw a herd of monkeys passing through the resort. We waved some bananas at them and in few seconds they were on our balcony. Very cute looking bungalows as well, makes you feel in a way like you are in a treehouse. Beds were comfortable. Mosquito net available, even though we didn't see bugs there at all except for maybe few small ants (but you can expect ants anywhere). Our shower didn't have hot water the first night, we told this to the reception and they fixed it right the next day.

The downside of this resort is that its a bit of a walk (5-10mins) from the main village as well as you will have to climb a lot of stairs to get to your bungalow. They do help you out with the luggage however. When we just arrived to the island, they met us at the pier, helped us carry our luggage to a pick-up track, and then took us with our luggage in a track uphill to the resort. At the resort itself they do have lifts where they can put your luggage on and they will deliver it right to your bungalow so you don't have to carry your suit cases up the stairs.

Another downside, is that even though its far away from the loud music of the village, because the resort is located on the hill, the way the sound travels somehow it still reaches the bungalows at the resort and you still hear the music....but its not as loud as if you were to stay right in the village and earplugs do help!

I would stay there again!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here 4 years ago and sought it out for a group of us volunteers this time. Arriving in two halves we waited for the member of our party who had booked our night here. The woman at reception was rude from the off with a plain-to-see attitude problem. Eventually she agreed to try and check us in while we waited. Then came the blow that our booking was unsuccessful and we didn't have rooms booked. They claimed that they sent us an e-mail telling us they were fully booked, but when we tried to check, the wireless on all 7 of our phone's wouldnt work. The woman point-blank refused to believe that it could be her problem but wouldnt let us use her phone to check this e-mail. I believe her words were "what do you want me to do, it is not my problem, it is your fault". The other guests confirmed that the wi-fi simply does not work, despite being advertised. Other members of staff gathered to laugh at our predicament when we had clearly walked in the blistering heat with heavy rucksacks up the steep hills to even find the place, seeing as it is not signposted from the road. Must book well in advance to ensure you have a room here as they send confirmation within 24 hours, by which time we had already left phuket for ko phi phi. I remember from last time some small hitch with checking in but think everything else was ok, so not saying the hotel is no good in general, but after this experience I would rather sleep on the beach than hand over any money to these people, who clearly should not be in the business. Luckily we found room at the inn next door at Maney Resort where we paid less and get breakfast included! Far better service and nice rooms, and the wi-fi actually works, bonus!

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice place with original location in the trees. Staff efficient and helpful.
You'll have to walk to reach the beach and the pier but it's not so long, you're in holidays ;)
And it's quite nice to have a swimming pool at the end of the day

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Ridgeuh
Reviewed February 15, 2013

First of all the price was higher then I had reserved. A very disinterested staff. No Wifi as advertised and they really didn't care. I personally needed it as I was finishing a project. The pool was nearly poisoned with chlorine. I have a pool and know what about this. Again, all this didn't bother the staff. I choose here also to get away from the night music down in town, but the little pool bar plays music load until late. I took my one night and left. For a 1000 B you can have the same bungalow without the pool and pay 200 B for the pool in the next hotel. You can simply do better for much less. I spent almost 3wks and had a chance to look around.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo