“Great place and good value for phi phi”

PP Ingphu Viewpoint
Krakow, Poland
“Great place and good value for phi phi”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

Last time I stayed on ko phi phi my friends and I stayed in a 17 bed dorm that had no security, no decent shower toilet or sink and was really quite filthy. Ingphu was exactly the same price and was a far nicer experience.
The good points: it's cheap for phi, it's not loud like most places are, it has a nice pool and lovely hotel staff. The rooms are nice and comfortable and it's great waking up to monkeys jumping on the roof tops. The walk to town only takes ten mins.
The bad points: yes It is up a hill, but the way people have reviewed it you'd think it was mount Everest. It's a bit of a climb but it literally takes 5 minutes to do. I'm not the fittest person in the world and I could do it in that time, it really was nothing, especially coming back from a night out u don't even feel it!
The only other thing is that the roads leading to it are narrow little paths and aren't lit well, I came to phi phi with two guys in my group but being a girl, I wouldn't have like to walk back from there alone, that said phi phi is not the safest place at all and is going down hill rapidly, this will be my last visit as its just about be en ruined now.
I would definitely stay here again however I live and work in Thailand as a teacher and came here as a weekend break, for families I think this place would be fine too but in all honesty if that is what youre looking for, phi phi is not the place for a family holiday!
Go to drink and party and just acctept that sleep is not on e cards, otherwise you'll have a horrible time wherever u go.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Georg D

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel! It was a great experience staying in a seperate bungalow on the side of a hill and having a feeling like you are in the middle of the junggle! One day, we saw a herd of monkeys passing through the resort. We waved some bananas at them and in few seconds they were on our balcony. Very cute looking bungalows as well, makes you feel in a way like you are in a treehouse. Beds were comfortable. Mosquito net available, even though we didn't see bugs there at all except for maybe few small ants (but you can expect ants anywhere). Our shower didn't have hot water the first night, we told this to the reception and they fixed it right the next day.

The downside of this resort is that its a bit of a walk (5-10mins) from the main village as well as you will have to climb a lot of stairs to get to your bungalow. They do help you out with the luggage however. When we just arrived to the island, they met us at the pier, helped us carry our luggage to a pick-up track, and then took us with our luggage in a track uphill to the resort. At the resort itself they do have lifts where they can put your luggage on and they will deliver it right to your bungalow so you don't have to carry your suit cases up the stairs.

Another downside, is that even though its far away from the loud music of the village, because the resort is located on the hill, the way the sound travels somehow it still reaches the bungalows at the resort and you still hear the music....but its not as loud as if you were to stay right in the village and earplugs do help!

I would stay there again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Oxford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 3, 2013

I stayed here 4 years ago and sought it out for a group of us volunteers this time. Arriving in two halves we waited for the member of our party who had booked our night here. The woman at reception was rude from the off with a plain-to-see attitude problem. Eventually she agreed to try and check us in while we waited. Then came the blow that our booking was unsuccessful and we didn't have rooms booked. They claimed that they sent us an e-mail telling us they were fully booked, but when we tried to check, the wireless on all 7 of our phone's wouldnt work. The woman point-blank refused to believe that it could be her problem but wouldnt let us use her phone to check this e-mail. I believe her words were "what do you want me to do, it is not my problem, it is your fault". The other guests confirmed that the wi-fi simply does not work, despite being advertised. Other members of staff gathered to laugh at our predicament when we had clearly walked in the blistering heat with heavy rucksacks up the steep hills to even find the place, seeing as it is not signposted from the road. Must book well in advance to ensure you have a room here as they send confirmation within 24 hours, by which time we had already left phuket for ko phi phi. I remember from last time some small hitch with checking in but think everything else was ok, so not saying the hotel is no good in general, but after this experience I would rather sleep on the beach than hand over any money to these people, who clearly should not be in the business. Luckily we found room at the inn next door at Maney Resort where we paid less and get breakfast included! Far better service and nice rooms, and the wi-fi actually works, bonus!

• Stayed March 2013

Travelers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Sion, Switzerland
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Nice place with original location in the trees. Staff efficient and helpful.
You'll have to walk to reach the beach and the pier but it's not so long, you're in holidays ;)
And it's quite nice to have a swimming pool at the end of the day

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Ridgeuh
Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany
Reviewed February 15, 2013

First of all the price was higher then I had reserved. A very disinterested staff. No Wifi as advertised and they really didn't care. I personally needed it as I was finishing a project. The pool was nearly poisoned with chlorine. I have a pool and know what about this. Again, all this didn't bother the staff. I choose here also to get away from the night music down in town, but the little pool bar plays music load until late. I took my one night and left. For a 1000 B you can have the same bungalow without the pool and pay 200 B for the pool in the next hotel. You can simply do better for much less. I spent almost 3wks and had a chance to look around.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wroclaw, Poland
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Living in Ingphu was one the best experiences of my entire life as a traveller. If you are going to countries like Thailand you need to feel the climax, the nature and exotic surroundings. Bungalows on the hill are built on vertical pieces of wood, the roof made of kind of straw, the balcony with a view on mountains, ocean, valley and trees. Butterflies flying all around these trees - amazing! From the inside the room was surrounded by a net attached to the walls - it was a protection from any kind of insects from outside - but to be honest during 3 weeks in Thailand we saw just one mosqito and that was it.
Breakfasts were modest - you can choose from 4 or 5 different menus but the amount of food wasn't "too much". It was enough and it was included in price. Tasty.
Great thing - no city noise at night. Quiet and peaceful.
Yes - it's up the hill but it's not a problem at all. Absolutely not a problem, it takes 6 minutes walk to get there from the city center.
Stuff was amazingly friendly - greetings to them!
AC was right above the bed so you need to be carefull and not to set extreamly law temperetures just to avoid getting sick. It's good to set the AC in stable position without "waving" if you are sensitive for direct cold air influance.
The pool was clean and warm. So chilling after the whole day of excitements on the island. I regret that they were closing it up at 8 pm but if you wanted to swim more nobody was kicking you out. As I said the staff was very kind.
One morning we opened the doors and a huge monkey was "taking a walk" just over the roofs of the place climbing the trees...You can't get such things in one of the concrete hotels at the city.

Room Tip: Any room would be good as the place isn't in the city.