“Amazing experience”

Ranked #13 of 43 Tours in Ko Phi Phi Don
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving school in Koh Phi Phi Don
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This dive centre has provided an amazing diving experience for me !
Really professional and caring staff.
With Matt as our dive instructor we felt completely safe and calm under water and really enjoyed all of the dives we had!
*Would ask about the visibility conditions and current around this time of year before going down diving.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"night dive"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed June 5, 2018 via mobile

Seriously. Stop wasting time reading reviews. Do yourself a favor and book with these guys now. I'll wait.... Good, now that you've done that, get excited for the most amazing dive trip. These excursions are a dime a dozen on Phi Phi, but you are really missing out if you don't book with Island Divers. My husband and I worked with Matt and Darrius. Awesome guys. Funny and entertaining, but it's clear that they take safety (and having a good time) very seriously. My husband can't swim and is a bit skiddish in water, but Matt did an excellent job working with him - - by his second dive he said he wanted to do it again! I dove with Darrius, and he was hilarious but also very attentive that our group felt safe and secure at all time. I cannot recommend this crew enough. Thank you so much for the one in a lifetime experience!

Reviewed May 26, 2018 via mobile

My friend and I dived with Island Divers and we can’t fault the experience the least bit. The whole crew on board was nice especially Ben who took care of both my friend (who had no prior experience and was doing his discover scuba dive) and I. Would definitely recommend them! Thank you guys!

Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

Myself and girlfriend stayed in the hotel across the street from island divers and naturally gravitated toward this company as they had close proximity to hotel and offered directions and advice on where to see and eat without pushing passers by to dive..they ask if your interested but if your not they still offer friendly advice on the island...anyway we decided to speak to them about diving as another couple we had met had highly recommended diving in thailand...i personally wasnt pushed on doing it(actually very nervous) but my girlfriend was so we went for info on it..we spoke with Hayley who was extremely nice and honest....we come to find my girlfriend has a hormonal related condition that can possibly cause complications when diving so Hayley had Adam speak to us in a bit more detail about it and showed us literature on it. We appreciate the honesty and the fact they didnt throw caution to the wind and risk her health for money was good (she is a healthy girl and it was 99.99% likely her hypothyroidism wouldnt be a complication).

Anyway we leave the shop and my gf pushes me to leave my comfort zone and do the dive alone while she snorkels as this was another option hayley and adam had mentioned. We thought about it and i decided to just go for it! We went back and booked for the next morning.

Iv just realised im writing an essay so will try condense my experience here....

Instructor: Ben from Mexico, absolute gentleman who was full of knowledge, explained all training in great detail while adding some humour which eased tension and nerves, made feel very comfortable. Couldnt recommend him enough.

Boat:nice and clean,dry area aboard, very tasty lunch provided (got the chicken fried rice), thai boat driver and other boathand very friendly,Beautiful views from top deck. Also stopped in maya bay for lunch so was good to tick that off the list without paying for a trip there when its smothered with us tourists.

Dive:beginners dive, 12metre maximum, felt very safe with Benjamin, paid constant attention to tank levels and buoyancy, pointed out many different life forms including puffer fish, coral, moray eels, a turtle(amazing! Was so close to it going about its business, imformed on importance of staying calm and still to not disturb it.or its environment, real care for the marine park), schools of fish. Pictures taken by professional diving photographer Drew(i think,sorry :/ ) were brilliant.

Staff: all extremely friendly and helpful, Adam John Ben Drew and Hayley are whom we mainly had contact with and havent a bad thing to say about any of them.

I was extremely nervous the night before and the morning of, ben helped put me at ease although i hid the nerves well, after 2/3 minutes of hitting the water they disappeared completely, with benjamins excercises at the surface and his consistent checking up on me i knew i was in good hands....long winded review but by far the best thing iv done in my 3 weeks travelling Thailand. Couldnt recommend this enough!! I have caught the bug for diving it would seem...my gf likes to tease asking am i an expert now and i have been referring to myself as scuba steve (adam sandlers movie big daddy refefence) evef since...if your thinking about diving stop hesitating and go in to chat with an instructor and book your dive.
Last point, we had an experienced diver from florida join our beginner group on 2nd dive as his lady friend was beginner in my group...he said even though he dives alot in florida and sees amazing things that this was a top top dive and one of the best hes done.

Kick it like Nike ad-just t/do it!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 24, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are both novice divers. Before diving with Island Divers my boyfriend had zero diving experience and I had completed less than 10 dives about four years ago. We signed up for the “Try Scuba Diving” experience (boyfriend) and “Refresher Scuba Diving” experience (myself) and asked to be placed in the same dive group if possible.

Darius was our dive instructor and was friendly, funny, and an excellent guide. In a surprisingly short amount of time he explained the important concepts and safety concerns of scuba diving, familiarized us with the gear and helped us practice the basic skills necessary for guided scuba diving.

I tend to be very afraid of water and scuba diving can sometimes cause me to “turn”. This time both my boyfriend (with no experience) and I felt extremely comfortable getting into the water. We both agreed after the fact it was because we were so trusting of Darius’ knowledge and leadership.

We had no problems with any of the gear - in my limited experience it was the best I had ever used - and we found Island Divers to be very professional.

We completed two dives. Underwater, we saw an amazing amount of sea life - sea turtle, banded snake, moray eels, corals, sponges, sooo many fish!

After the dive, Darius sat down with us and answered any questions we had.

Overall it was a fantastic experience! Would do it over again in a heart beat!