“Great day out!”

Ranked #10 of 40 Tours in Ko Phi Phi Don
More attraction details
Owner description: Scuba Diving school in Koh Phi Phi Don
Reviewed January 17, 2014

I convinced my partner to do his first diving lesson and see if he liked it. Sadly i could not dive because of medical reasons but was allowed to snorkel with the group, which was fun too. The young and energetic team acted professionallly at all times, being very thorough in the preparation, tuition and monitoring of the young divers. The morning out was very well organised and the team was very knowledgeable about the local marine life. Certainly a good start for a new dive enthusiast.

Ps. People keep the ocean beautiful and free of debris.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

I will start by saying that the dive experience with Island Divers may not necessary be poor, as my 2 dot rating suggests. However, their sales tactics are horrendous. When you pass by the shop, there will be anywhere from 3 to 6 reps lined up along the front like used car salesmen. They will try and chat up everyone who walks by, offering up information of all kinds, either diving or non-diving. However friendly they might be, they are highly commissioned and their sole real objective is to sell you on something. They will mislead (for example, say the visibility is great when it is not). There are a lot of better dive shops on Koh Phi Phi that you should consider before Island Divers. The price of diving on Koh Phi Phi is higher than other places in Thailand and is identical between all the shops here (a form of collusion between the shop owners that should not exist, of course, in most societies). So please at least visit 2-3 shops on the island before deciding who to dive with and do not get drawn in by Island Divers smooth rhetoric.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

We passed Island divers one evening and got chatting to Rich. He was really helpful and gave us a map and a few tips about the island. We signed up for a day diving but as my friend couldnt dive due to health reasons she came on the boat and snorkelled. She said she really enjoyed it and the locations they picked were good because they got to see a lot. The diving was amazing and Rich was a brilliant instructor. I would recommend Island divers 100%

Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you want to have the best diving experience in Koh Phi Phi (or anywhere else), avoid those big diving centers such as Island Divers. They may look nice, friendly and safe, but I'm afraid they just want your money regardless of giving a good service. Actually these guys weren't nice, weren't friendly and what's worse, WEREN'T SAFE.

I stayed a few days in Koh Phi Phi last month, because I heard that there were a few good spots for diving in the Marine Park (I'm afraid I will never find out).
After having a look at the different centers (they all offer the same) I decided to dive with Island Divers because after a loooong talk they guaranteed that I was going to dive in a group of 4 people (max. 5, if necessary), all of them with my same diving certification/experience, and somewhere in the following spots: Bida Nok, Bida Nai, Lo Samah and Palong, depending on weather conditions.

NONE of these 3 things were true!!

We were a group of 6 people + Divemaster: 1 instructor, 3 Advance OW and 2 newly certified Open Waters that ran out of air while the rest had still 120bar.

But the worst thing was that in our same boat there were around 25 other people, most of them snorkelers and novel divers, that obviously couldn't do our same dive spot. When the boat stopped we were in the middle of Maya Bay, with more than 30 other boats around, people swimming, more boats going in and out of the bay… scary.
I asked my instructor (Mike) if this was a joke, and I told him that I wasn't going to dive in there. But he said that the other people were going to jump in the bay and we were going to swim until the corner and start diving from there, where we could go deep and see really nice stuff, maybe turtles and sharks… Whatever... We went around 8-10m deep and see nothing; we lost people from our group twice, because of bad visibility (what would you expect in a port?!). We had to go back to the surface, descend again.
So, again: THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.

After lunch we were running late (I forgot to say that after leaving Phi Phi in the morning we had to turn back and go to the pier because someone forgot to take some wetsuits, so maybe that was the reason), and Mike told us that we were going to dive in the same place. No need to tell you the rest.

It was a completely lost of time and money.
My deepest thanks to Island Divers

7  Thank Diego P
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Such a great dive, highly recommend if you are in the area. Dived with Mikkel, who was one of the best dive masters I've ever dived with. Super professional, great sense of humor and excellent communication every step of the way. Way beyond the service I expected. The rest of the staff was friendly and organized, but can't speak to their skills as he was the only guide with our group of four divers.

Its definitely worth taking the extra trip out to this dive site. The King Cruiser Wreck and Anemone Reef were the best dives I did in Thailand. We saw a seahorse! Was far better than Koh Tao and the amount of sea life was out of this world. The third dive to Phuket Shark Point wasn't as nice, we were only there for the chance to see some sharks, but didn't end up seeing any (never a guarantee, of course). We did spot a ray, but the reefs weren't nearly as abundant as the previous two dive sites, so this third optional dive you could skip, unless they have recently seen a lot of sharks there.