“Worst experience ever!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Palma de Mallorca, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Worst experience ever!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

If you want to have the best diving experience in Koh Phi Phi (or anywhere else), avoid those big diving centers such as Island Divers. They may look nice, friendly and safe, but I'm afraid they just want your money regardless of giving a good service. Actually these guys weren't nice, weren't friendly and what's worse, WEREN'T SAFE.

I stayed a few days in Koh Phi Phi last month, because I heard that there were a few good spots for diving in the Marine Park (I'm afraid I will never find out).
After having a look at the different centers (they all offer the same) I decided to dive with Island Divers because after a loooong talk they guaranteed that I was going to dive in a group of 4 people (max. 5, if necessary), all of them with my same diving certification/experience, and somewhere in the following spots: Bida Nok, Bida Nai, Lo Samah and Palong, depending on weather conditions.

NONE of these 3 things were true!!

We were a group of 6 people + Divemaster: 1 instructor, 3 Advance OW and 2 newly certified Open Waters that ran out of air while the rest had still 120bar.

But the worst thing was that in our same boat there were around 25 other people, most of them snorkelers and novel divers, that obviously couldn't do our same dive spot. When the boat stopped we were in the middle of Maya Bay, with more than 30 other boats around, people swimming, more boats going in and out of the bay… scary.
I asked my instructor (Mike) if this was a joke, and I told him that I wasn't going to dive in there. But he said that the other people were going to jump in the bay and we were going to swim until the corner and start diving from there, where we could go deep and see really nice stuff, maybe turtles and sharks… Whatever... We went around 8-10m deep and see nothing; we lost people from our group twice, because of bad visibility (what would you expect in a port?!). We had to go back to the surface, descend again.
So, again: THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER.

After lunch we were running late (I forgot to say that after leaving Phi Phi in the morning we had to turn back and go to the pier because someone forgot to take some wetsuits, so maybe that was the reason), and Mike told us that we were going to dive in the same place. No need to tell you the rest.

It was a completely lost of time and money.
My deepest thanks to Island Divers

Visited December 2013
7 Thank Diego P

• Hebrew first
Brooklyn, New York
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“King Cruise wreck dive with Mikkel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

Such a great dive, highly recommend if you are in the area. Dived with Mikkel, who was one of the best dive masters I've ever dived with. Super professional, great sense of humor and excellent communication every step of the way. Way beyond the service I expected. The rest of the staff was friendly and organized, but can't speak to their skills as he was the only guide with our group of four divers.

Its definitely worth taking the extra trip out to this dive site. The King Cruiser Wreck and Anemone Reef were the best dives I did in Thailand. We saw a seahorse! Was far better than Koh Tao and the amount of sea life was out of this world. The third dive to Phuket Shark Point wasn't as nice, we were only there for the chance to see some sharks, but didn't end up seeing any (never a guarantee, of course). We did spot a ray, but the reefs weren't nearly as abundant as the previous two dive sites, so this third optional dive you could skip, unless they have recently seen a lot of sharks there.

Visited October 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Amazing experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Very friendly people, very helpful with beginners and experienced with the area and the local marine fauna.

Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
“A splendid day”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

My girlfriend and I decided a bit of diving was in order whilst on Phi Phi, and this company are amazing! The price was reasonable (like all the diving places on Phi Phi) But Island divers go the extra mile. My girlfriend was very nervous about diving, and once i had all the equipment on so was I!
Our instructor Henry put our minds at ease and let us do it at our own pace! He soon had us swimming round the corals and seeing turtles and a multitude of aquatic life! I was extremely sick on the boat and all of the staff were very sympathetic and helpful, giving me motion sickness tablets and plenty of reassurance!
If in Phi Phi please try this you'll have such a great time, All the staff (Adam, Tessa, Sam, Claire, Jamie, Mike) were amazing but if your lucky you'll get Henry! ;)

Visited December 2013
Lucerne, Switzerland
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Friendly and professional ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I had a day with Island divers for 2 fun dives and my girlfriend was snorkeling. I've seen a few dive shops around the world and I have to say they Island divers are on the top in my list. Good food, good equipment, good staff and nothing to complain about.