“Excellent!! Thank you for a wonderful time!”
Review of Hippo Divers

Hippo Divers
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hippo Divers is a PADI 5 Star Resort and Career Development Center.Hippo Divers offers you quality diving courses with the best prices in the world. With an unmatched friendly and professional staff, Hippo Divers guarantees you the best time both in and out of the water. Hippo Divers is principally a diving school. We are dedicated to teaching scuba diving and our goal is to introduce this amazing, safe, fun, and unique sport to as many curious, enthusiastic and adventurous, young and old people as possible.Every year, Hippo Divers organises a clean-up day with PADI's PROJECT AWARE and supports several others community efforts. For all you sea, nature lovers and diving enthusiasts, please take a moment to browse our web site to discover the beauty of Koh Phi Phi and the services offered by the Hippo Divers.
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Even after 7 months, I'm still thinking about my memorable time on Koh Phi Phi! Thank you Hippo for making it happen -- I booked a short trip out to Koh Phi Phi and my friend insisted that we dive (even though she was terrified of fish) as it is "THE THING" you MUST try when on you're on Koh Phi Phi. (I've tried Padi Discover Scuba with basic instructions in the past in Hawaii but I didn't feel quite connected/comfortable.) But with the peer pressure from my friend, I gave it another go. Our first Discover Scuba was with instructors Lee & Sun, who were both very passionate & knowledgeable! I have to say that they were also very patient & gentle!! I felt safe and comfortable diving with them. =) After the first day of diving, I fell in love~~~ To what point? The night of diving, I was equalizing my ears in my sleep and was scuba diving~!! lol~ So, I ended up signing up for Open Water course and Advanced Open Water (while my friend hung out on the island). When I returned to Phuket to resume my travel (5 days late), I kept on dreaming of scuba diving which made me return to Koh Phi Phi. With Hippo, I went to King Cruiser (a wreck site -- soOOOOoo beautiful!! MUST do!!) and the Similan Islands but missed the opportunity to go to Hin Daeng & Hin Muang, where everyone who went on this trip got to see Manta Rays!!! I will return to see those rays some day soon~

7 months after: remember my friend who was terrified of fish and didn't take the courses with me? One of the instructors at Hippo saw her hanging out while I went diving & took her out for snorkelling. She helped her overcome her fear of fish completely! My friend said that she went scuba diving during her honeymoon and loved it!! Thank you!

As for me, I just purchased my own set of gear today~ =) Thank you for re-introducing such joyful and exciting activity in my life!!

All reviews
in 5 reviews
"koh"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed July 23, 2013

I was planning to dive with this company, however arrived to Phi Phi to find them closed, with no explanation as to why my trip will no longer happen, after booking with another company just down the road, I found out the owner had been in trouble with the police and all the staff had quit out due to problems.

I consider this a lucky escape and others may need to take care if they have bookings with this company

4  Thank J T
Reviewed June 25, 2013

My friend and I took a short trip to phi phi island . Cause we got a very tight schedule. As soon as we got there ,we went to book our diving experience. After consulted several companies , we choose hippo divers finally.
It was our first diving experience and both of us did not know how to swim. I was a little concerned about that. One of the instructor called Stevie noticed the problem , he is very patience ,professional and gives us lots of useful information and advices. So I feel much released and we choose him as our instructor.
We set off early tomorrow morning about 8 oclock. During the diving experience , I feel very safe . And the new world is so amazing.
So thank Stevie , hope to dive with you again in the future. And we are so lucky to choose hippo divers .

Reviewed June 20, 2013

We went out with the Hippo team a couple of times and I can't speak highly enough of them... they were so helpful, really organised and just a great bunch of people.

We really wanted to go out to Hin Daeng and Hin Muang but there weren't enough people to take a boat - these guys rallied together to find enough people and made the trip happen... I am so grateful they did because those were the best dives of my life - 2 dives of around 50 minutes each and there was barely a moment that I couldn't see a Manta Ray.

Absolutely, positively an amazing dive school with some fantastic people - you guys made our holiday :)

1  Thank Zoe H
See more reviews
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My friend and I took a short trip to PHI PHI on June 9. As our very first diving experience, we were so lucky to choose Hippo Divers as our company. Our instructor was Steve, a lovely sunshine boy who absolutely made the adventure better than ever. Due to a very tight schedule, my friend and I were actually a little burned out at the time we took the dive, Steve noticed that. He gave us instructions in a very gentle and encouraging way, yet very professional. He not only cared about our safety but also whether we had a good time. He reminded us every time when something special had passed by, in case we missed them. With him around, we felt secured, encouraged and amazed. The new world he had opened for us was so amazing that dispelled all our fears as first-time divers. So, thanks for the wonderful experience you had given to us, Hippo, and thanks Steve, hope to dive with you again someday in the future.