“Most Authentic Thai Food On PhiPhi”

Chef Kag Restaurant
Ranked #65 of 122 Restaurants in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

This is the most authentic Thai food on Phi Phi Island. Most of the other restaurants are Thai food for tourists/foreigners. Those restaurants that serve Thai and European/American food are probably tourist trap. Enough ranting and let’s review this restaurant.

The interior and environment is welcoming and friendly. It feels like you are at home and away from the dirty bars and tacky street foods. The decor is simple and clean. And I did NOT see any flies!!!

The staff was nice and friendly as if they are inviting you into their home. They don’t speak much English but it’s enough to order what you want. It’s important to specify the spiciness of your order because they set the level to Thai.

The food was amazing and as good as if you were on main land Thailand. I ordered the yellow curry with squid and Thai noodles with gravy and seafood. I finished every bite and enjoyed every sweat.

I highly recommend this place if you want to enjoy some nice authentic Thai on phi phi island. Maybe 4 stars but definitely 5 stars on Phi Phi Island.

Reviewed March 5, 2018 via mobile

Small place and just renovated. Must try their fried calamaris and their fried fish. Some of the best calamaris we have tasted so far, a nice surprise. The fish was very tasty and plenty for two people. Prices arevery reasonnable.

Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

My husband and I were in Phi Phi on our honeymoon and we were eager to taste the local cuisine. We tried lots of different places until we stumbled upon Chef Kag.

The dishes are simple and clean and might look plain on the plate, but it's an explosion of flavour in your mouth! The best thai food we had by far and we returned here every night thereafter.

Mango sticky rice for dessert was a delight! I wanted to try something new and ordered the Tom Kha Gai soup which was amazing!

The owner spoke little English but was polite and smiley and food was quick to arrive.

Prices were low with most dishes lower or around 150 baht.

Have the coconut shake if you can! It's buttery and creamy!

PS: Don't feed the cat, it won't leave you alone :))

Reviewed February 2, 2018 via mobile

We discovered Chef Kag towards the end of our trip to Phi Phi and wish we had found it sooner. Made 3 trips in 2 days once we had!

Every dish we had was amazing, lovely service and great value for money. Easily the best Thai food we had on the island!

Reviewed January 9, 2018

Give a try... it is from far the best food we had in 3 days Phi Phi. For Thai food lover I recommend the Lab Gai and the super Red Curry (with good prawns cooked, still a bit « crunchy »....not native sorry). I tested the red curry I can guess that the Paneng should be over the top. Unfortunately I do not have time to try the rest.
Note that it is Less expensive then resto on the see side.