“OK”

Phi Phi Andaman Legacy
Ranked #14 of 61 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
“OK”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 6 nights in October and the stay was generally ok.

Unlike other reviewers we found the majority of the staff to be polite and helpful. However they were doing fairly extensive building work so you could not spend any extended time by the pool.

Our garden view room was fine, maybe a little rough around the edges. The water pressure wasn't great and the wifi could be a bit flaky. Breakfast was a little limited.

Overall our stay was fine but would probably look for somewhere else if we went back to Phi Phi

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank HFearny

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Czech first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Barnoldswick, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We booked on the executive room with pool and garden view. Now I wouldn't advise you to do this! The room was nice yet still bring cleaned as we went in. We had a balcony which yes did look out on to the garden but you could maybe see about two centimeters of the pool! Looking at the bungalows, they were much cheaper and had brand new flat screen TV's in and looking right on to the pool! Very confusing. Like other reviews have said, the mosque is meters away and is very noisey at times. It is currently under renovation with more bungalows being built and this caused a lot of noise, drilling and all sorts at 8-9am each day. This went on for most of the day so sitting around the pool was out of the question! The pool was nice although they seriously need to look at their health and safety. Huge squares had been lifted out of the ground I'm presuming to look under the pool but they were just so dangerous! Also coming back at night was hazardous as it is just so poorly lit! Just meters from the hotel there is a24 hour bar which has music blasting to. I certainly would not stay here again but if its your only option either stay in a bungalow or a basic room at the back of the hotel. They also look out on to gardens, just not the pool. I would suggest the reception staff spend a hood few days on a customer service course, very rude!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JaxHod1982
Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

First let me say that I love Thailand, its people and culture. This hotel does not reflect the wonderful things of Thailand. Upon check in we were asked to pay the entire sum of the stay which I found a bit weird especially since the hotel does not accept any form of credit card - cash only. I was told that I can leave my passport as a guarantee which I did not want to do so I offered to pay half of the total amount that one of the reception ladies agreed to. While we were signing the forms I was about to take our passports back and the other reception lady was trying to grab it from me and would not let go till the first lady told her to.
We finally got to our room that was completely out dated with wood chipped on every possible furniture, one closet door did not even have a handle. There was only one waste basket in the intire room - in the bathroom. The bathroom is the worst, the shower has hardly any pressure and the glass wall needs to be throughly cleaned. We spent 4 nights and the floor was never cleaned right as I saw the same dirt every day.
Since rain is common in this season we thought it will be nice after dinner to lay in bed and watch tv as there was a satellite dish only to my surprise out of 100 and some channels the only ones that spoke English were religion channels not even 1 international news channel. On our first attempt to change channels the remote did not even work.
On the one morning we decided to sleep in, we had a surprise that the housekeeping wanted to enter as there was no "do not disturb" sign to hang on the door.
We saw that they have started to redo some of the bungalows with newer appliances and furniture.
When I tried to ask the reception to change rooms or to receive a wooden hanging device for wet clothes I received no assistance but only arguments. In the end they did bring the wooden device but with sour faces. The entire staff was unfriendly and unhelpful.
The hotel advertises wifi throughout however this is far from it. In our room we rarely had internet, in the pool area it was weak and the only place that had a strong signal was in the reception. When I asked about it, I was told thats how it is.
The hotel is located on the far west side of the main road and is a short walk to the center where all the bars and restaurants are. However, next door to the hotel is a mosque that calls for prayers 5 times a day on Friday - it sounds as if it is inside your room.
When looking at prices of hotels in the area this hotel is not cheap and I expected a lot more for the price. We ended up leaving a day early and surely will not be back.

• Stayed September 2013

Travelers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Location was good but the hotel was really old and definetly not well maintained. We stayed in one of the bungalows around the pool And the room and the bathroom were really old. We used the pool but the shower didn't work and so the umbrella. The staff wasn't friendly at all. If I had to go back to Phi phi I would look for another accommodation.

• Stayed August 2013
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed in a superior mountain view room for 3 nights, and our stay was very pleasant. We checked in late in the evening, so there was no welcoming drink, but the staff was very friendly and the rooms were clean and spacious. The bathroom was very good as well. The only exception was the shower. The hot water kept coming and going, along with the water pressure during shower.
Breakfast was good, in an open air restaurant and the pool was pretty reasonable as well.
The location is good, close to the mass of bars and restaurants, but recluded at the same time, so it is quiet at night.
You get what you pay for.
And one of the best things is that there is a boatman called Jack who stays in front of the hotel, and operates a boat called Legacy. He is a really good guy, speaks good English, safety councious, knows how to take great pics and his boat has music on! We went out for a day trip around the island with him and had an awsome time!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed August 6, 2013

I booked the Andaman Legacy for 3 nights, I stayed here 6 years ago in one of the bungalos. This time i booked a superior room for me and my partner.

As this is low season it is a different crowd... the hotel was full of families with noisey kids, door slamming etc. and as the hotel has no control over this I cut my stay from 3 night to 1 night!!

Hotel gave me a full refund of my remaining two nights no questions asked. The counter staff are great at the hotel and I am sorry I could not put up with the noise!!!

Room Tip: Solo = bungalow, couples = another hotel
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ian L
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed July 28, 2013

I have stayed here twice so far, for a total of 19 nights. Phi Phi hotels are relatively expensive compared to the rest of Thailand, and the Andaman Legacy Resort is no exception. However, in my opinion, this hotel is in possibly the best location- near the action, but far enough to avoid the noise and crowds. The pool, gardens and buildings are all very attractive, the staff are friendly and there is a good bar right across the "street". The beach is right next to the office. The bungalows are a bit past their prime, but are pleasant, comfortable and have nice views. If you want very cheap accommodation, there are a few hostels in the village, and if you want luxury, there are fancy hotels. If you want a beautiful but moderately priced environment, this hotel is for you.

Room Tip: Ask for a bungalow on the side away from the mosque. Otherwise, you may get woken up by the early m...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends