“Hotel section was great!”

Phi Phi Andaman Legacy
Ranked #18 of 64 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I traveled here with a friend and we got 2 hotel rooms next to each other. They were clean, made up each day, and air conditioner worked. The bathroom was not amazing but I also had no compliants, the water was hot and it was fine. The breakfast was basic but good. there is wifi available with good reception.
Everyone keeps complianing about the staff?! I was greeted well, a man carried our bags from the boat and they were always smiling. I did find it strange that they all used my personal details and tried to add me on facebook?!
On departure they were like ok bye! There was no carrying of our bags back to the boat!!
the pool was nice to relax by, and it was very quiet as its away from everything, I enjoyed the walk to the hustle and bustle but next time might stay a little more central.

Room Tip: I strongly recomend the hotel, amazing view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 12, 2012

Location - Good. We spent most of our time away from Phi Phi Don anyway.
Facilities - Poor to adequate.
Rooms - Basic stock standard budget Thai island bungalow rooms. Don't expect too much and you wont be dissapointed.
Beds - Comfortable...........NO BED BUGS when we stayed there.
Staff - Thai staff are very poorly trained even in supposed five star establishments. Generally uninterested and unprofessional.
Long tail boat trips - excellent service, information and assistance. Spent three full days with our very professional "captain".
Cleanliness - Ok.
Bar and Restaurant - Nothing special.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Simmo777
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed with my wife for 3 nights. After the second night, discovered more than 30 bed bugs bites on her hands and back. We demanded to change room and indeed received another bungalow. Also the reception lady brought us some medical oinment to treat the bites.
The resort itself OK. Still it was our worst stay in thailand (we were in 9 different hotels during our 30 days honeymoon).

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed August 15, 2012

We stayed in one of the bungalows and at first it seems decent enough - it looked clean and the shower was hot. When I went to bed, however, I discovered that the bed had bedbugs which I could not only feel but also see! Despite staying awake most of the night trying to avoid them I still ended up with over 50 bites! When I tried to complain to the receptionist and show her my bites
I was told that they were mosquito bites, and eventually I gave up trying to tell her otherwise. Luckily we were only staying one night and we definitely won't be back.

• Stayed: August 2012
1  Thank LesleyEM
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Stayed 4 nights. Breakfast good value. Good variety and plenty of food. Pool a bit cloudy. Stayed in Bungalow was clean and big enough. TV did not work. On a quieter side lane. Lots of stray cats on property. Found dead rat on my door step. But what would you rather have? Lots of stray cats and dead rats or live rats and no cats?

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank gr8teful
Reviewed May 11, 2012

We stayed here for 4 nights which to be honest wasnt enough as Phi Phi Island is one of the most beautiful islands. The hotel was definitely not good value for money! From the beginning the STAFF WERE VERY RUDE one in particular who was very rude to a number of guests at the hotel during our stay. The rooms were comfy and clean, however the bathroom was slightly mouldy/rusty in the shower area. Could definitely do with some renovation especially for the price you pay. The breakfast was very nice and good choice! Wouldnt stay at this hotel again. But we will come and visit Phi Phi Island. Location was excellent as the island is small you walk everywhere but we were next to Hippies which was a bonus as its a really cool hang out very enjoyable and good entertainment.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 9, 2012

We spent 2 nights at the Adaman Legacy (one in the hotel and one in the Bungalows. They were both clean and comfortable, however for a little extra I would most certain go the hotel route. The one issue we did have was the receptionist (Bang Wooly). She was incredibly rude and did not oblige in any of our requests.

Overall, a great place to stay excluding the service. Close enough to the main party streets and far enough not to hear them.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends