Chunut House
Phi Phi The Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$112
$78
$120
HolidayInn.com
  • Beachfront
$152
$132
  • Beachfront
P.P. Erawan Palms Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$78
$65
  • Pool
Phi Phi Hotel(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$37
  • Pool
Papaya Phi Phi Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)(Great Value!)
$21
Viking Natures Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)(Great Value!)
$36
$28
  • Free Internet
$74
$43
  • Free Internet
Zeavola Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$304
$165
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Villa 360 Resort & Spa(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$232
$163
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsair conrooms are basichot watershort walkvillagejungle
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I stayed here on my second trip to Phi Phi. I will admit that this accommodation is a step down from my last accommodation, but I can't complain because this is a different experience. It is quite a walk from the pier, but if you don't like walking then you shouldn't really come to Phi Phi as you have to walk everywhere.

The rooms are decent enough for the price you pay. The toilet/bathroom is very unique and it feels like your bathing outside (with all the privacy). Its about a couple of minutes walk to the beach. We didn't opt for the breakfast, but there are many restaurants on Phi Phi island so we were quite happy.

Room Tip: Choose the room right above reception.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We leave in Asia since 7 years, traveling around many place, and this is my first time that I m so upset ! The Chunut is not clean, the personal no professional, and the place to fare away from the village and the beach ! The best : you can't sleep because they have everywhere pot with water and inside many frogs
singing all the night ! For the breakfast : better NO BREAKFAST ! They are not ready, or in 10:15 you are to late !!!! Really for the price : 20'000 Bahts for 2 Bungalows for 4 days !!!!!!!! And the rooms, never clean properly, the cabinet don't have a back , so you cant let anything in side ! No really : BIG DECEPTION ! I

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Ughhh... Where do I begin? Upon entering our room we found a cockroach squirming on the bathroom floor. I had to have the staff come in to remove it. Later in the day we were surprised to find a gecko lizard crawling on the wall beside our bed.

The room was filthy. The shower drain was clogged with other people's hair and hardly drained. Judging by the clumped hair, I would say it had not been cleaned for some time. There were spider webs in the room and surfaces in the room were dirty.

We ended up spending one miserable night here after realizing that other hotel reservation desks were closed for the evening. The occupants in the room beside us came home after midnight, and because of the paper thin walls we were awakened from our sleep. The mosquitos were biting as we slept.

We checked out at 8 a.m. sharp. Trying to get a refund for theseemed it would be more trouble than it was worth.

Room Tip: Please read the reviews for Chunut carefully. I think you will see a trend.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jaclyn C
Reviewed February 15, 2013

It's hard to find a good, reasonably priced accommodation with good location on Koh Phi Phi ... especially in high season.

The location isn't too bad: Ton Sai Village is just a short walk away, but still far enough away to avoid sleepless nights due to the loud music coming from the bars and clubs.

The owner is nice, even though he seems to be a little bit confused...

It seems to be a bit overprized, but i think that's common for Koh Phi Phi.

Our first bungalow was okay, but then we had to move to another bungalow for the second night and it was terrible!
We had a lot of mosquitos in the room (when i switched on the light, i counted 9 moquitos only on my pillow!) and there was no moquito net! Also the bungalow was right next to the reception and it was very noisy until around 1AM. After the noise from the reception stopped, the people from the bungalow right next to ours came home and decided to party on in their hut. They switched on very loud music and didn't care about anyone else.

All in all i would not come back again.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MikeR1989
Reviewed February 13, 2013

A bunch of girlfriends and I travelled to phi phi island for a hens trip and boy were we mortified. I have happily stayed at 3 star accommodation before but never have I experience such fright when I looked into the room.
Let's start with getting there... Chunut House is a LONG walk from the pier. They didn't send anyone to help us with our luggage, nor did they email us a map or instructions of how to get there. The roads at phi phi island are also unpaved. So imagine... 7 girls hauling their luggage in 30+ degree heat from one side of the island to another. It was NOT pleasant. Upon getting there I must say, I was thrilled to be greeted with chilling cold bottles of water.
One girlfriend and I were escorted off to the first room, it was right NEXT to the reception desk so no privacy whatsoever. The wooden doors were secured by a padlock (what?). When we entered the room, seems the mozzies had checked in before us and bred many generations of families. There was no net over the bed so we were definitely going to be dinner for our dear mozzie friends that night. Upon closer look, the bed sheets were a pale yellow colour with what looked like blood stains on the corners. There was a fountain in the corner of the room that seems to be out of order since the 1900s because there was a pool of water in there with the stench of elephant poo. Not to mention the various types of debris floating through it... I wanted to puke when I saw this!!!!!! The bathroom was through a door, then another door at the back of the room. The entire bathroom was made of concrete. There were no walls dividing the shower and toilet area which was strange. The toilet smelt even worse than the pool of sewage water in the dead fountain... it was a nightmare.
All in all, we probably spent 15minutes in the room and we packed our bags and were outta there. We managed to find a nice little place by the beach. It was triple the price and noisy but at least I can sleep without the fear of dengue fever during my stay at phi phi.

Room Tip: I heard the room up the stairs are a BIT nicer... so if you have to stay here, why not give those a go.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends