“stay away from this dump” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of PP Charlie Beach Resort

PP Charlie Beach Resort
Ranked #30 of 37 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Toronto, Canada
“stay away from this dump”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 20, 2012

deceptive pictures / brochures.
long list of charges if anything in the room is soiled, including the linens, towels, ashtray and drinking glasses: you will definitely be charged for something!
rude, lazy staff.
mouldy smell in room
disgusting view outside our room of garbage and sewer waste.
no sound insulation at all: we could hear people talking next door, and music being played 3 doors down.
please stay away.
we left this hotel within 2 hours of arriving, and stayed at another hotel.... do yourself a favor and RUN!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank nitsa1379

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012

Tour operator in Phuket booked us.

Arrived to find kid covered in poo on the walk way.

Standard room had steel chop saw going outside the window. Complained and was only offered an upgrade which we had to pay an extra 1000 baht for (2 nights on top of 5800 including boats).

Had to sign a form saying sheets and towels would be inspected for stains at check out. And to check out an hour before the boat leaves to allow for this.

Manager surley and uncooperative.

Finaly relaxed only to be woken the following morning sub 10am by a guy hammering on the door yelling at us to check out, although was not until the next day.

Phi phi is a noisy mess and this hotel is in the thick of it.

• Stayed December 2012

Travelers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

Having read the reviews on this place which don't give it any justice!!!! I thought it best I write a review myself. I have stayed here twice and enjoyed my stay that much I even booked for my daughter and her friends and also my other daughter is staying here in November this year. The reason I booked this place was because of it's location to the lovely loh dalum beach. It's just a 2 minute walk!!!!!! And practically on top of the town centre with it's many bars and restaurants. Our room was in the barrack type block just set back from the town centre so if we needed to nip back for anything it was really convenient. Our rooms was A202 and A203 and I booked these same rooms for my daughters. The block is 2 storey high and we was on the upper floor. You could see the reception, restaurant and town centre from here. To get to the beach you come down the stairs turn back on yourself and it's a 2 minute walk down a sandy path. The room I thought was very nice!!! Dark wood furniture, aircon good tv and a mini bar. The bathroom clean and adequate no problems at all with the room. This place is the perfect location on phi phi island for the beach and the nightlife which we liked. I don't get some of the reviews!!! Maybe some rooms are not up to scratch but ours was just perfect. I have travelled Thailand on many occasions and yes hotels are cheaper or of better quality and amenities in other places. Here in phi phi however nothing is cheap. If you want a better class hotel you really are going to pay a lot more and the locations are not as good as the Charlie beach. I did go for breakfast on 1 occasion and it's not really that good, lots of flys and some food not covered. What I did was eat the food that was covered up and also there is a chef that cooks you eggs or omelettes to order so you know no flys had been on your eggs!! To be honest the breakfast wasn't an issue for us as most of the time we missed it!!! We just went to a cafe and payed for breakfast about 150 baht. I found the staff to be quite friendly but quite laid back. No one pays much attention to you when your waiting to check in!! Or if they are busy with other guests they don't really acknowledge you!! When the do finally check you in you have to pay a deposit think I paid 800 baht and when we checked out we got it back no problem. When you look at other places on phi phi in this price range they are either full of bed bugs or quite far from beach and town centre. Trust me this is the best location. One more thing, there is a very nice pool and I've read that it's shared with other hotels!!! This maybe so but at least you have a pool to use!!! What is the problem if it's shared!!! Even though I always like to have a pool wherever I stay, we didn't use it because the beach is just the best beach youl ever see!! And it's pretty shallow. We also found it a bit difficult to find from the pier!! It's not far about 5 minutes walking, just wish I'd have emailed the hotel to send someone to the pier to help us with luggage and to find the place. I will stay again absolutely yes. We slept well as the rooms are just enough set back from the bars/music and the food was nice in the restaurant.

Room Tip: Room A201 A202 A203 up 1 flight of stairs, in my opinion these rooms were very good. Email the hote...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank ritasue
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Like everyone says. They will use a very nice photo of a room with beach view to lure you in but once you get there, you get a garbage room. Get this - if you stain the sheets, they want you to pay I forgot how much but it was ridiculous. The room is in an apartment style complex with about 30 other rooms on the block and the pool that they claim they have is a shared one with other hotels I do believe.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WinSpecToR
Vaxjo, Sweden
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed in one of the barrack-like wings situated in the back, a bit away from the beach. Really anonymous but totally OK place if you use the hotel just for sleep. The wing closest to the bar street gets noisy though.
The girl at front desk was really helpful and well spoken.
The seaside part of the hotel appealed to me more. The hotel has a really nice pool area by the sea with a nice shake and drink bar in the pool, perfect hang out for the hot, humid Thai-summer. As it was low season there was plenty of room for everyone.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Derry, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2012 via mobile

Firstly, there is no such thing as value for money in phi phi with regards to accommodation as they all seem to be of a low standard.

Location is great and really central to all the bars, restaurants and the beach, however it is quiet at night. The pool area which is shared with PP Princess is really good with a swim up pool bar. The breakfast is poor with the food being cold both mornings I went. The rooms are clean but the walls are stained. Also they have a list of costings in the room and at reception which outline the charges you face for a variety of different stainings of the bedclothes etc which is ridiculous! We wanted to extend our stay as it really isn't that bad but we had to change rooms which was fine but then we were told we had to change again for some reason! The staff were extremely apologetic for this and helpful throughout our stay. All in all this hotel is probably one of the better ones in phi phi and we did enjoy our stay.

• Stayed September 2012
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Halfway through our tour of Thailand we decided to treat ourselves to a more expensive hotel, so went for a poolside/beachside room at Charlie Resort. Our room overlooked the pool, which was lovely, and had a horizon edge which flowed over onto the beach! Room very modern, spacious and with great air con!! The room actually ended up too cold at times! Room cleaned on request everyday.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple