P. P. Palm Tree Resort
Phi Phi Banyan Villa(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$54
$174
$133
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Zeavola Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$290
$189
  • Breakfast included
Phi Phi The Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$115
$96
$146
$142
$49
$43
  • Free Internet
P.P. Erawan Palms Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$80
$66
  • Pool
Tohko Beach Resort(Ko Phi Phi Don)
  • Restaurant
Phi Phi Hotel(Ko Phi Phi Don)
$41
$38
  • Pool
Paradise Resort Phi Phi(Ko Phi Phi Don)
TripAdvisor
  • Beachfront
All reviewspool access roompp palmtreenice hotelpool barphi phi palm treeshort walk from the pieregg stationrestaurants and shopssmall balconybeach towelsyour luggageyogurtsmall islandtonsai pierpalmtreesferrypros
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 22, 2014

I absolutely loved Phi phi! The palmtree resort is in such a good location. Only a few minutes walk from the pier and the centre of all the shops, bars and restaurants. The beach is just a small walk away but def worth a visit as the pool is nice but quite small and sun beds are limited. The rooms are clean and nice. Couldn't really fault the hotel as it was exactly what we wanted.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 18, 2014

The resort is in a great location. It's a 10 minute walk to the beach on the north side of the island (the prettier of the two main beaches) and only 5 minutes from the port. The down side of being in the dead centre of town is the noise, which goes on all night; not even the air con unit was capable of drowning it out.

The main problem I had with my stay was the staff, who were unhelpful, particularly Hub who was rude to us on more than one occasion. The receptionist always greeted us politely, but would then scrutinise when we were going to return our beach towels, and if we had been smoking or taken guests in to our room. I thought this was unnecessarily intrusive. Check-in was also a very slow process.

On the plus side, the breakfast was god. Plenty to eat, and it was all really tasty. Omelettes are made on-demand. The pool facilities are good, fairly quiet, which is in contrast to the beaches. It's a nice place to relax when you need to cool down.

The wi-fi connection was intermittent, but maybe that was because my room was on the far side of the hotel. Rooms were cleaned to a high standard. The shower was poor, it would switch from scolding hot to freezing cold in an instant; the temperature control didn't seem to have any influence at all.

Overall, I felt it was expensive, and we didn't get value for our money. One final point: the gym isn't on site, it's at another hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank garysco7
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was lovely and very good value for money. The breakfast was really good with a lot to choose from. Everything was really clean. Was very easy to find. All the staff were very friendly. Would definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed January 14, 2014

The P.P. Palmtree Resort which is also listed is the same place as this hotel so I am posting this review in both listings just so people don't get caught out like we did.
I have lived in Thailand for 7 years and have travelled widely with my family around this amazing country. I cannot think of a hotel experience I have enjoyed less in all this time. From the moment we arrived until the moment we left we were treated with utter contempt by the staff. Our room was dark, gloomy and smelled disgusting. If we had not paid in advance we would never have stayed here. As it was, we checked out after two because we couldn't stand it any longer. I notice from the reviews that other families have received similar treatment to ours so I suspect that the simply do not want children staying at this hotel. If this is the case they should be more upfront about it.
Phi Phi itself is pretty rotten and the Phi Phi Palmtree is even worse. If you are looking for a nice holiday with your family go to Koh Lanta or one of the other islands.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank bangkokmum
Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel. The room is a bit small but is enough for us. The decoration is o.k, but the pool is apsolutly great!!! We stayed all day at the pool. Such fun and without direct sun.
The breakfast boufette is great, has verity of choices, thai and also european food style.
the hotel is at the center so it's close to everything, but still quite.
so many restaurants, and about 5-7 min walking to the sea.
We enjoyed our staying and it's our second time in thiland, we came back to this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple