“Good location & nice hotel”

P. P. Palm Tree Resort
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Perth
“Good location & nice hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 9, 2013

We spent two nights there. The location was great, a quiet area an convenient to walk to beach and shopping. The hotel room is lovely decorated, electronic remote controlled all electricity and fairly well clean. Staff is helpful. Breakfast was not much variety but ok. Good value to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

This hotel was in a good location, although the island is so small that it's hard to be in a bad location. The rooms were nice overall but looked dated.

The service was horrible, check-in took forever and there are a lot of rules you don't normally hear about. No smoking anywhere on the property, not even the private balcony. No guests allowed after 10 pm. No late checkouts, 500 THB per hour after 11 am. 500 THB charge if you break or lose the room key card, which looks very very worn when you get it and close to breaking.
The part that ruined our experience was the fact that you can't bring a guest back. We were 3 guys who each got our own room, only for the chance that we might bring back a guest. This happened on our last night where we each had one guest but we were stopped by security at 2 am and they wouldn't let us in. Not the best way to end the night or a stay in phi phi.
Overall it's not a bad hotel for families, but it's not worth the price and especially not the bad service and cheap owners of the hotel that try to save money at every chance at the expense of their guests' experience.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank maninyc

Travelers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

The PP Palmtree resort truly helped in seriously screwing up my thailand vacation. Let me explain. Basically if you travel like a north american traveller and expect basic services as party of staying at one of the most expensive places on the island - you gt none of these things. At the time of checkin (which took 20 minutes) I received a lecture on company policy which included not smoking anywhere in the hotel (not even on balconies or anywhere!), no room keys, and no outside hotel guests. Thats rigt - you literally cannot bring non-hotel personnnel back to your room. I met some girls at the infamous phi phi beach party and we were going to chill in my room at 3am and security stopped me, would not allow me to bring "unauthorized guests" to the premises. The girls ended up getting creeped out and leaving. All because of company policy not bringing guests back to the hotel. I figure if I'm paying 130 dollats per night and have my own room in the first place I can have another guest, but guess what - thry don't allow it. I talked to the lady about it the next day and she treated me like a second class citizen and said that if I didnt like the policy I could go somewhere else. Believe you me I would have gone somewhere else but Ill never have a chance with those girls again all because of this stuiped hotel making up rules that are just redicukous and would never fly anywhere else. this hotel is clearly run by inexperienced management who have probably never left phi phi in their lives. I would say if you don't expect to meet people on your vacation then this place is for you.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank TW1123
Germantown, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2013

The rooms at the Palm Tree resort were very clean and the staff very friendly!
They had a beautiful pool, and it was right in the middle of everything! would stay there again!
Even included a good breakfast!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ETHELANDFREDDIE
Brisbane
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

This hotel is very close walking distance to the pier and to the nightlife, but not too close that the music keeps you up. We had a room close to the music, and with the door shut you couldnt hear anything. The buffet breakfast was great, included many foods. Had free wifi in the room. All in all the whole hotel, room, pool area, location & price was great! Perfect for friends, family or couples. Very clean room. No problems :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank RememberAshleigh
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

In trying to find a place to stay in Tonsai Bay, I was confused by the reviews of this hotel. Reviews were polarized - people either seemed to love or hate it. Having now stayed there - I get it. No one looking for a resort-type vacation should stay in the Tonsai area, period. It's noisy and crowded and full of tourists. My travelling group and I (all mid-30s) really enjoyed the area for those same reasons though, and this hotel worked well as a base of operations for us. Rooms were comfortable and clean with functioning ACs. The pool was nice. Location is extremely convenient. But it is true that the staff is rude and generally unhelpful, and this hotel is severely overpriced (like most of Phi Phi).

Overall, I enjoyed my stay there, and if I were to return to the Tonsai Bay area, I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank dmwhit
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Great find after reading many reviews.

PROS:
- Close to the pier, restaurants and in the heart of the action
- Laundry service available in small internet shop right outside hotel
- clean nice pool area
- breakfast was good not great, typical eggs, toast, juice, bacon etc.
- the rooms were spacious with a balcony and chairs to enjoy outside. There was also a clothing rack if you wanted to dry your towels, swimsuit, etc.
- bathroom was clean with separate shower, great toiletries available: shower cap, shampoo, lotion, cotton swab, etc.
- small seating area was available, not much room for luggage, we utilized the "day bed" area.
- good water pressure, always had hot water.
- CLEAN room, no bugs of any sort in room, umbrellas were available in the room
- Some one meets you at the pier to take you back to the hotel. You may need to wheels some items yourself, so be prepared!

CHALLENGES
- The gent at the front desk was VERY rude, told us to take our own suitcases up the stairs, as there are no elevators.
- strict towel policy must return at certain time or be billed, not hospitable.
- eventually got this sorted, but front desk had challenges booking our ferry back to Krabi, not sure why there was confusion.
- Noisy at night in some areas of the hotel as we were near a bar.

TIPS:
- Ask for a quite room, although we asked and did not receive, or it would be difficult to sleep
- take the long boat to long beach very cheap
- walk to nice beach, worth the walk!
- bug spray is a must, I managed to only get a few bites
- very casual, so dress accordingly.
- Food is very affordable so don't bother going to the restaurants on the beach, better food at
cheaper prices without the bugs biting you on the beach.

I would book here again although some of the front desk staff were either friendly and not knowledgeable or rude and unhelpful. Location was great and you won't be disappointed.

Enjoy!