“Good for a base”

Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Brisbane, Australia
“Good for a base”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 10, 2013

Right in the middle of town close to everything short walk to shops, restaurants and the pier. Very quiet at night in the rooms which was excellent but its only 5 minute walk from the clubs on the beach. Rooms were good, need a bit of touching up in bedroom and if you go to bed at night or go out all the power goes out and so if you are wanting to charge a camera battery either you have to stay in the room until its charged or sleep with a light on. But I have experienced this in many hotels in Thailand. Showerhead in the bathroom wouldnt stay up so I had to hold in hand but overall good bathroom. The staff were a bit unhelpful, they have no bar and no restaurant on site, although it does say pizza and pasta I saw none being served during my time there, which is a shame as they do have a pool bar which i never saw being used.

Room Tip: I stayed in deluxe double but some of them have a balcony view of a brick wall at the corners
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2013 via mobile

The phi phi hotel is in a good location if you want to be in the middle of all the action but still want a quiet nights sleep. However, for the price you pay it is very run down. The rooms are an okay size but nothing special. The aircon took an hour to start working (my friends in another room also experienced this). The complimentary breakfast is not the best. The pool is small and the pool bar is permanently shut. The hotel has a whole lot of stupid rules that are quiet rude and do not make you feel as though you're on holiday. Unfortunately, there are not many nice hotels in PP and its very overcrowded. Next time I go to Thailand I will be skipping phi phi. I'd recommend only going as a day trip.

• Stayed February 2013

Travelers are raving about these Ko Phi Phi Don hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

The location, the room, the breakfast are ok. Phi Phi is awesome. But the way this hotel treat you is surprising... Especially in the country of smiles.
When you arrive they tell you what is forbidden and how many penalties you have to pay if you break these rules...the hotel is full with these policies. Ok accepted but not liked. I paid a lot to be treated as a guest and not as a bad student.
But when i feel every time I ask something from the staff at the reception that I ask a favour I really dont like it. I think they should train the staff to smile at the guests and handle them as guests. Definetly not worth its price. Luckily Phi Phi is too beautiful and exciting and I want to come back to this island. But not to this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Kriszta P
Tel Aviv, Israel
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in this hotel for 5 nights, First of all the hotel is just in the middle of phi phi village which means you are 3 minutes away from all the main restaurants and beaches. The rooms are clean and the maintenance people are very fraindly. But on the other hand, the hotel is old which means the we had a lot of problems with the electronic key which had shut down the electricity of the room every 15 minutes we had it replaces but still no luck. The bed is hard as like you are sleeping on wood, the free wifi is out of signal and very very slow and the customer service is terrible few examples: 1. Prior to our stay I've send few emails to the hotel using their website asking for a room which is not on the noisy part, but the hotel gave us that room and when I told them about it they say that on the agoda voucher it did not mention that, when I told them that I sent the emails using their website "contact us" form they act like they don't understand. 2. The hotel check out Time is 11AM of you are planning to leave later you need to understand that the hotel can't provide you with a place to take a shower. we even told them that we agree to pay for the ability to take a shower in one of the rooms but the receptionist told us that it is not about the money but it is the hotel policy that you need to take a shower in the pool shower, which is in the open and change clothes on the main toilets, they even had us buying a shampoo from the 7/11 cause the couldn't give us one, again hotel policy. So If the hotel policy is that I need to wash myself in front of the entire hotel guests like a hobo on the street that is not a place I consider paying the amount of money they are asking.

I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone, we could overlook the bad side like the bed matress or the other problems if the customer service was good, but a bad customer service it is a thing I can't accept.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank naxAdvisor
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Great Location and good clean rooms!
Location location location!
This resort is in an amazing location! Close enough to the action if you want to party and quiet enough if you want to stay in and relax. Phi Phi has a very chilled out atmosphere and that's how the resort feels. Breakfast was a pretty standard buffet you find in all resorts. Only this I can really fault them on is giving us the list of fines (I think this was mentioned in another review) if you lose the key, take towels and all that and no outside guests past 10pm. I felt like I was on schoolies (spring break for the Americans out there). Staff were helpful with our enquiries. Price is steeper than I expected to pay but more places are in Koh Phi Phi but this resort was bug free and as a good a smell as you can get in Thailand. Places might be more expensive but meals are cheaper that Phuket, beer is cheaper and lots of happy hours and specials. I recommend a snorkeling trip too, one of the half day ones! Expect 100 baht for Thai food 60 baht for small beer (Chang) Around 100 baht for a large one Snorkeling costs anywhere between 400-600 for half a day, shop around a bit. They'll take you to Maya bay (from The Beach) amongst some other places everyone else gets taken.

Nightlife Tip: Reggae Bar with the Thai boxing ring has good happy hour prices (6pm-9pm). Free bucket to anyone that is game enough to step into the ring (starts around 9:30pm). Head towards beach for cheaper drinks or later happy hours. Bucket prices range from 100-500 baht, depends what you can stomach really.

• Stayed February 2013
Melb
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

I think everyone says Phi Phi has the worst hotels in Thailand.

P P palm tree I think rates in the top five. I think all the hotels are very average in terms of rooms but spec themselves on location.

Only way to get to PP is pretty much ferry if you want to stay more than one day and PP Palm tree is located smack back in the middle of the PP central shops and 5 minutes from the pier. It is an excellent location if you want to be right in the middle of it all. Remember the beach is still only 5 minutes away as it only takes 5 minutes to walk from the pier to the other side of the island.

Some suggestions include getting some updated TV's, they were still using CRT's. Actually having something in your minibars, all we had were 2 bottles of water - though I guess they don't put anything in as outside the hotel are a million shops selling things for a third of the price.

The shower gel and shampoo is very cheap.

Bed sheets had cotton clumps and definitely needs to be replaced, ours had holes in them. Pillows were awful too, pretty sure they must be some kind of hard foam.

Sounds more like management is taking the cheap way through with the basics.

Room Tip: Get a pool access room. Stepping out of the room into your room is worth the extra.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for two nights and had a great stay. We were greated with fresh pineapple juice which was needed after the hot ferry trip. The hotel is about 5 minutes walk from Ton Sai Pier. The room was well equipped and with a lovely balcony overlooking the pool. The breakfast was the best we had in Thailand witch a huge choice. The pool was spacious and we always found a sun lounger, the only downside was the pool bar which was never open. The staff were friendly and able to store our luggage fo us on our last day after check out. The hotel had good wifi and lots of channels on the tv. Overall a great location and would definitely reccomend to anyone.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple