“Excellent hotel in the heart of Phi Phi Island ^_^”

P. P. Palm Tree Resort
Ranked #14 of 38 Hotels in Ko Phi Phi Don
Reviewed February 21, 2013

The hotel is situated in the heart of Phi Phi Island and not very far to walk from the pier. It's surronded by the tiny cramped streets of Phi Phi but once are inside the grounds It's a very peaceful and friendly hotel.

We found the staff very friendly especially the maid who kept our room spotless every day and provided a few nice touches particularly towels on the bed which gave us quite a giggle (see the photo ^_^).

The rooms are spacious and modern with all having good views of the inviting pool area. Try and get pool access room if possible.

Breakfast was of a good standard with plenty of choices and friendly staff particularly the chef who cooked our eggs to perfection every morning.

Phi Phi Island is not for everyone but if you like good nightlife and access to all beautiful islands this hotel is the place to stay as it's only a stone throw to all the best bars and restaurants on the island ^_^

Room Tip: Get the pool access room if possible but make sure you book early ^_^

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Location is unbelievable good and yet so quiet. The rooms are really nice and the hotel staff are more than helpful. Can't say the same for the breakfast crew who seems to wake up every morning with a collectively bad attitude.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room near the laundry. You could hear staff walking about outside your rooms with w...
Reviewed February 14, 2013

the room was nice, small and cozy. However the pool closes at 8 and if you have a pool access room with the pool not being more than 5 feet deep i think it should be accessible 24 hours. the breakfast was ok and I saw a huge roach outside my room and it was the only one i saw in thailand that was alive and not on a food cart. other than that the location is great and the hotel seemed pretty and clean compared to what else is out there.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed at the Phi Phi Palm Tree Resort for 2 nights, in January 2013. I travelled with my Girlfriend.

The Hotel is located in the main centre of Phi Phi, a short walk from Tonsai ferry pier. It is well located if you want to be near the centre close to bars, restaurants, dive shops and other tourist shops.
The standard of hotel is average, but the price per night is very high for Thailand, but this is common for Phi Phi. The breakfast at the hotel is pretty decent, with a good offering of hot and cold foods.
We stayed in a Pool access double room, it had its own little balcony with direct access to the pool, im not sure this was worth the extra we paid as I ended up doing a diving course so spent my entire stay away from the hotel, except for a few hours in the evening. The pool area was quite nice, but had limited sunbeds. My girlfriend mentioned the sunbeds don’t get a lot of sun due to the hotel buildings. The room had a decent shower and bathroom, comfy bed, safe, fridge, A/C, along with free wifi. It was nice enough but nothing special for the money paid.

This was my second visit to Phi Phi, previously I stayed at a hotel on Long beach, I personally preferred that hotels location as it was right on the beach with perfect views across to Phi Phi Lei. The beach is also a lot nicer than the main beach in Phi Phi . On my previous visit, I did the boat trip to Phi Phi Lei which also did several snorkelling stops. This was an excellent trip and fully recommended. You really get to see the real beauty of Phi Phi.

The main centre of Phi Phi is very busy, all the time. The locals get about on bikes, often towing a trailer. This can get a bit annoying and you have to keep your eyes peeled to avoid getting ran over.

The hotel will meet you at the ferry pier, and transport luggage back to the hotel, the same service is provided on check out. The front desk staff were pleasant throughout our stay and generally pretty helpful.

Overall, the Phi Phi Palm tree is a nice enough hotel, without being great. It is expensive, but all accommodation on Phi Phi is. I personally wouldn’t stay here again, as I believe there are nicer areas in Phi Phi, e.g. Long Beach (which can be walked to, or a small fare paid for a taxi boat). If you want a decent hotel in the middle of the town, then it will probably suit you well.

P.S, the dive shop opposite the hotel, Sea Frog Divers is excellent. They got me certified to Open Water Diver in 2 days after I had completed a discovery scuba dive whilst in Phuket. I got really lucky with one to one tuition as I booked onto the course the day I arrived in Phi Phi. They really couldn’t have been more helpful.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights in January and expected more based on the reviews. The hotel is very small with a tiny pool. I felt bad for the people who did not have pool access rooms. There were only 8 lounge chairs for the entire hotel. Oh..never mind getting a drink at the pool bar..looked like it was closed during the duration of our trip. Wifi was weak..barley got signal. They change the PW very often. Not sure why..but it was annoying.

We didn't spend much time at the hotel but the rooms were pretty comfortable and AC worked great. Breakfast was just OK. For what we paid we expected better. Unfortunately, there aren't many great accommodations on the island so based on availability this seemed like the best value. Have fun but don't expect 4 or 5 stars :)

Room Tip: Book a pool access room.
Reviewed February 10, 2013

My husband and I booked this hotel after reading all of the reviews (good and bad), however Phi Phi was very busy when we were there so there were not a lot of choices available.

The biggest positive was the location. Right in the centre of Phi Phi with easy access to everything. We are both light sleepers but found it nice and quiet (we did hear the odd person coming back after a night out, but no bar noise or anything). Breakfast was included which was acceptable. The room was fine, had what we needed in it, good air conditioning and free wifi. Some people had commented about there only being 8 sun beds, that is true but the ground floor rooms also have them on their patio's, and whilst the hotel was full when we were there we never saw all 8 taken.

The negatives are the service. Very impersonal, all process not people focused. It is the only hotel that we have ever stayed in where we were not allowed to leave until they had checked the room to ensure we have not broken, ruined or stolen anything, very odd. The other issue was that whilst the room was serviced daily they just changed the towels, made the beds and emptied the bins. Due to the location (Phi Phi has lovely beaches) we went to the beach every day, and try as we did to be tidy, it is inevitable that you will bring some sand in, however in the 4 nights we stayed they did not brush/vacuum the floor once, we hung our beach towels on the balcony stand each night, and there was so much sand around it you couldn't not see it, but still they didn't do anything about it.

If you just want somewhere basic to base yourself whilst in Phi Phi we would recommend this hotel. If you are looking for something more special and for personal service you may be better elsewhere. We would stay again just because of the location and basic facilities which met our needs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Samantha032
Reviewed February 2, 2013

My partner and I stayed here for 2 nights in January. After reading some bad reviews we weren't sure what to expect, but when we arrived we were pleasantly surprised. The room was decent in size and clean with hot water! Our room was on the 3rd floor and we had plenty of privacy. I noticed that there was a bit of noise from a construction site on the other side of the hotel which could have been noisy if you were in those rooms, however our room was very quiet.

The free wifi was pretty poor - very weak and would often cut out. We tried Skyping family on several occasions and could not get through. Even uploading small pictures to Facebook or Instagram often took 10 minutes and a lot of the time would fail.

The pool area was clean and very nice, there were not a lot of chairs by the pool so you had to be quick if you wanted one. The pool bar was not open while we were there - by the sounds of things it never is open. The website states that the hotel has gym facilities however, if you want to go utilise the gym you have to walk to another gym nearby which I thought was a little unusual but not an issue.

Breakfast was decent, the omelettes were nice, however, as others mentioned, there was not a lot of selection to chose from.

The hotel its self is centrally located, very close to the beach, restaurants and the pier. There was a bit of noise at night until the bars closed and everybody headed to the beach for the nightlife. Service was great, hotel staff were very friendly and helpful.

We had a great time on Phi Phi island and would recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the island.

1  Thank Beccy_Boop03_