“Open Water Cert that turned out to AOWD Certificate :P”
Review of Blue View Divers

Blue View Divers
Ranked #6 of 40 Tours in Ko Phi Phi Don
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue View Divers is a PADI 5 Star and Green Star Awarded diving centre; run with safety, the local community and the environment in mind. Our Dive School sits on the northern most tip of Loh Dalum Bay overlooking the beautiful Andaman Sea. Just a short ferry ride from Phuket or Krabi and you’ll be here. With years of experience diving around Koh Phi Phi, we know that it is best seen and dived from a small boat with small groups. We strive to dive the islands the way they should be dived; small groups, flexible schedules, relaxed, safe and professional. We offer a full range of PADI courses and guided dives on the local reefs. We are one of the only dive schools with access to a beautiful infinity pool for training which makes the introduction to scuba diving much more fun, easier and comfortable!Our environmentally friendly dive practices has earned us spots in several Lonely Planet Guides.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We just came back from the Phi Phi Islands where me and my friend Kris spent a week enjoying warm waters and great marine sea life.
We came with an idea to do our Open Water Diver Certificate. We both did diving before, but now wanted to finally spend some more time and complete the course.
After spending 2 days and completing the OWD in the water Jess (our instructor) told us about a night dive they organized and some deep dive opportunities. As we either ways wanted to do some diving (our appetite got bigger after the first 2 days) we decided to do the Advanced certification.
It was quite intense, but definitely worth it.
Jess and Caroline were very flexible and adjusted to our short stay to accommodate all needed dives....
Another point helping us greatly was that the Blue View Divers are not a huge center so we always dived as buddy's with Jess as instructor and could have all the needed attention not only for Jess to look at Kris perfectly shaped muscular legs (Insider Joke!), but also on how we're doing in the water....

I recommend!

Jakub

BlueViewKohPhiPhi, General Manager at Blue View Divers, responded to this reviewResponded October 26, 2013

Thank you for your review of Blue View Divers.

We are happy to hear that you had such a great time diving with our team. A team they are, and working together on a small boat everday, staying professional whilst having fun with their students is the main reason why we have this small close-knit team working for us!

To hear that you loved it so much that you continued with your Advanced straight away is a great testiment to the service that we are trying to provide. We want you to love diving as much as us so that you cannot stop!

Maybe next time you can come back for the Rescue Course, which is a lot of fun, and I am sure that there would be lots more 'inside jokes'! See you next time.

Kind Regards.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I have been diving with Blu View Divers since 2011. They make your Diving experience complete from Open Water to Advanced or just Fun Diving. This group has a few secrets they always like to share from Leopard Sharks to Black Tips and other wonderful aquatic creatures like Sea Horses and many many to many to name. The trips included friendly instructors and lunch on the renowned Island Phi Phi Le at Maya Bay known to be the set for the Movie "The Beach". This is the group to dive with for a mind blowing holiday!

BlueViewKohPhiPhi, General Manager at Blue View Divers, responded to this reviewResponded September 12, 2013

Thank you for coming back to dive with us after all of these years!

We love it when our divers return year after year, and we feel that they become part of the 'Blue View Family'. If we made your holiday extra special, well that is so nice to hear and it is our pleasure! We really hope you come back again soon and continue diving and taking such fantastic under water shots!

See you soon!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Spent 5 days in Phi Phi and managed to get my Open Water Diving licence completed at a nice leisurely stress-free pace! Caroline was a wonderful instructor who managed to pair me up with a wondeful buddy! The pool side lessons were thorough, and Caroline never failed to encourage us with every step forward! I was glad to have signed up for my lessons here because her love and excitement for the sea was enough to make me forget my own fear of it! Experienced dive instructor who really takes care of you in the deep blue, whille never failing to make almost every step a fun learning experience! Learning in a smaller group compared to other dive centers allows you to get the attention a beginner would definitely need. If you're planning to get your open water license I will definitely recommend this place! Plus you get a life long discount for fun dives which I would be planning to see the whale sharks next! Already recommended this place to my family who will be planning to take their open water license next year! Keep up the love Caroline! #awesome!

Thank you so much for writing such a glowing review!

We really love what we do here, and that is why our small team of instructors want to make sure each and every course is taught in such a way that divers never feel rushed. We want it to be fun, and for each diver to get the attention they deserve. We are a small, close knit team who teach in the same way, and we are always so happy to hear when our divers get that vibe.

Come back and see us again for your Advanced Course, and thank you for recommending us to all of your friends!

#awesome

Reviewed September 1, 2013

First of all they are very funny, they crack jokes all the time which takes the pressure of you, if you are nervous about diving for the first time. Jess was our instructor. We were planning to do a open water diving course within 2 and half days, but jess convinced us to go for scuba diver course, so that we will not rush up and we could enjoy the dive. Honestly we were surprised, they are not money minded and their only motto is to make sure you have a pleasant dive. That is when we realized we choose the best school in Phi Phi. Jess is a brilliant instructor. We were not getting the techniques immediately, but she patiently explained everything until we got it. They are very strict and professional about the techniques you learn under water, (Caroline was strict about theory sessions too :P) . They will help you until you get it. During the dive, My mask was not fitting properly so water was entering the mask all the time. Every time jess helped to remove the water from it, we were so glad we went under water with a friendly and brilliant instructor. It was fun to hang around with them especially when someone like rachael is around. She is very funny. My only disappointment was that we couldn't take pictures under water. Excellent work team. Keep it up. I would definitely recommend this place if anyone is planning to dive in Phi Phi islands.

Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad that you felt safe and comfortable during your course, and that you were happy with your final decision not to rush the full Open Water Course.

Learning Scuba Diving requires a lot of patience and concentration on the part of the student. Because you are learning so many new skills and theory, we always want to make sure that our student divers do not feel rushed in any way. We want to teach in a relaxed, safe and thorough manner, and it's great to hear you had such a laugh with our instructors along the way!

By opting for the Scuba Diver course, you gained a Scuba Licence in the short time frame that you had, and you never felt rushed. We feel that this is what makes us stand apart from the other dive schools, as we focus on making quality divers, and not rushing people through when time is short.

See you next time for the full certification we hope, and for some more laughs!

Reviewed August 27, 2013

I had a fantastic diving experience with Blue View. All of the instructors were very accommodating, patient and willing to try their best to ensure that each and every person had an amazing diving experience. I had never been divin g before and I had to do my open water course whilst in Koh Phi Phi. Rachel was my instructor and she was an absolutely wonderful teacher. I never felt like I was in any danger and she helped me to remain at ease and enjoy diving as much as I did. The dive sites were great. In between dives we got to catch some sun on the private beach, enjoying lunch and discussing our dives as a group. Jess and Rachel made sure that everyone felt like they were part of the group by engaging in conversation with everyone. Blue View also provided a traditional Thai lunch in between each dive allowing divers to experience Thailand’s marine life and cuisine on the beautiful beach on an uninhabited island which made my diving experience incredibly special. I would highly recommend Blue View Divers to anyone travelling to Koh Phi Phi. They were a true gem and made my holiday and my boyfriends as special as it was.

1  Thank caz4323
BlueViewKohPhiPhi, General Manager at Blue View Divers, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

We are always glad to hear great feedback from our students! Thanks for the great review!

We had such a lovely time diving with you guys and we love that you enjoyed our unique Thai diving experience. We have lots of great reviews on the Thail lunches, and eating on the beach is a really nice part of the day in between dives. I am glad our instructors kept you entertained during your day and that you and your boyfriend had such a special time!

See you again soon for your Divemaster Course!