“Great small dive business for a personal experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue View Divers

Blue View Divers
Ranked #6 of 37 Tours in Ko Phi Phi Don
More attraction details
Owner description: Blue View Divers is a PADI 5 Star and Green Star Awarded diving centre; run with safety, the local community and the environment in mind. Our Dive School sits on the northern most tip of Loh Dalum Bay overlooking the beautiful Andaman Sea. Just a short ferry ride from Phuket or Krabi and you’ll be here. With years of experience diving around Koh Phi Phi, we know that it is best seen and dived from a small boat with small groups. We strive to dive the islands the way they should be dived; small groups, flexible schedules, relaxed, safe and professional. We offer a full range of PADI courses and guided dives on the local reefs. We are one of the only dive schools with access to a beautiful infinity pool for training which makes the introduction to scuba diving much more fun, easier and comfortable!Our environmentally friendly dive practices has earned us spots in several Lonely Planet Guides.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Lockers / storage
Tamuning, Mariana Islands
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great small dive business for a personal experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2013

We dove two days with Blue View Divers while in Ko phi phi. We were on a small long tail boat with one other couple the first day and by ourselves the second day. The ratio was one either DM or Instructor per 2 people which makes for a much more pleasant experience. I hate going on dive trips where you feel as though there are so many people that it ruins the dive.

The diving was great. We saw eels, scorpion fish, octopus, loads of nudibranch and many other creatures. Tiffany was with us both days and she was truly great at what she does.

If you are looking for a great, personable dive experience in Thailand then Blue View Divers is the way to go!

1 Thank Rebecca S
BlueViewKohPhiPhi, General Manager at Blue View Divers, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are so glad to hear that our divers love what we do. Long tails are the best way to dive in the Andaman Sea; it keeps our groups small and the experience more personal, and fun! Hopefully we will see you again upon your next visit to the island.

Prague, Czech Republic
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“By far the best dive shop I have come across!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2013

Well, where do I start? Having not done a lot of diving (over 80 dives) back in 2001 in Koh Tao I have only dived a few times since owing to a very bad experience whilst diving in Colombia which had me terrified of going back in the water. My most recent dive was about a year ago and was with a dreadful company on Koh Phangan that, given my Colombian experience, almost put paid to me ever diving again. Then I came across this little gem on Trip Advisor and thought I would give it a go.

The first thing about BVD is that they are very ecologically aware and have just received a green award from Padi, something that is not easy to achieve. They insist on cleaning the street that goes through the village leading up to their shop, as well as cleaning the beach everyday that they stop for lunch on between dives. Also, they are committed to giving you the most personal service by going out on little longtail boats as opposed to the standard big dive boats that can have dive groups of 20 or so. We were just 3 on our dive, me, another fun diver and our lovely instructor Tiffany.

On to the dive itself and having been very nervous about diving again we went to a dive site called Bida Noi, near the island of Phi Phi Ley, and all was fine for the first 10 metres until the memory of my panic attack in south America came flooding back to me I immediately started to breath very heavily and almost began to hyperventilate at about 12 metres. This is where Tiffany our instructor came to my aid. She managed to calm me down and help me to breath normally whilst relaxing me by smiling and moving her hands calmly as she would do on the whole trip whenever I started feeling a little panicky.

The dive was lovely, we saw a lot of different fish and Tiffany constantly gave us the signals to tell us what each fish was, something you wouldnt get in a huge group as you cant always see the instructor when you have 20 people buddied up in front of you.

We went on to a second dive after that which was absolutely amazing and, owing to my feeling relaxed with the instructor, passed without incident and I felt my confidence in the water coming back by the minute.

Also, the guys in the shop Ann and Chris (I think) were very accomodating as was Caroline with whom I had previously communicated via email prior to my arrival on Phi Phi.

Overall I have to say that I really enjoyed diving with Blue View Divers and would urge anybody serious about diving and the ecological consequences of doing so to go with these guys as they will not disappoint. I can't wait to get back to the stunning waters of the Andaman sea and when I do, there will only be one company I will go with. ;-)

Visited April 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words and such positive feedback. We always like to work as a small, close-knit team and I am glad to hear that you got that from meeting everyone. I also like that you appreciated our small, closely supervised dive groups which made you feel comfortable to dive again. Thank you so much, and we look forward to having you come back and dive with us again, maybe you can check out the King Cruiser Wreck trip next time!
“Amazing!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

It was my first time diving and it was fantastic. Really great team of staff who offer personalised dives. Jess you rule!

Visited April 2013
BlueViewKohPhiPhi, General Manager at Blue View Divers, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
We are so glad to hear you had such a great time diving with us. Thank you for your kind words! Maybe see you again in the future for your certification!
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Pure Gold!! An experience to remember!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

Open Water Course.

I had 3-4 days diving with Blue Veiw Divers during which had the pleasure of meeting the most welcoming & genuine team of people.There kindness & professionalism was nothing but pure gold!
A huge thanks goes out to Jess! Who had the misfortune of having me, a nervous begineer diver.Jess was extremely patient with me, had amazing communication skills along with a fantastic sense of humour.Always making me feel comfortable which ever the situation! I could not have asked for a more professional & outgoing dive instructor to teach me the ropes!
This made my experience on Ko Phi Phi island THANKS Jess your GOLD!

Six Dives & Open Water Certification complete!
Blue Veiw Divers have left me wanting some much more!

Regards Eric (Nz)

Visited April 2013
BlueViewKohPhiPhi, Manager at Blue View Divers, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you so much Eric for your kind words. We like to keep our Open Water Classes small so that you not only get a thorough, safe course, but also so that our instructors can make it a fun experience. We hope to see you again soon for your Advanced Course. Keep diving!
Zurich, Switzerland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Great and professional diving with long-tail boats”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2013

We booked a 2-dive morning trip at Blue View Divers because they have offices in the hotel we slept in (the hotel was terrible, don't book there and see my review on it for details).

Blue View Divers are using long-tail boats to visit dive sites, which I particularly enjoyed as it 1) adds up to local experience 2) recycles the old fishing boats and provide jobs to the once-upon-the-time fishers and 3) limits the number of people on the boat. Between the two-dives, we were brought to Phi Phi Leh + Maya Beach and offered a lunch (which we chose the night before and was really tasty).

The instructor (Keira) was very experienced and we felt very comfortable diving with her (although my girlfriend hadn't dive for about 6-7 years). She was clear in her communication and calm underwater. She also new the dive sites very well as she has been diving there for about 10 years if I remember well.

Diving in Phi Phi can become really busy so I would advice to dive in the morning as daily-trip boats from Phuket won't be there then.

Visited March 2013
Thank you Loic for sharing your Blue View experience with others. We are always happy to hear how our divers enjoyed their day diving with us.

Even though we are situated within Viewpoint Resort, we are actually not part of the resort. We operate independently and normally book our divers in quieter, close by accommodation due to the feedback we receive. We hope to dive with you in the future if you ever come back to visit Koh Phi Phi, maybe we can help you book some accommodation next time! Regards.