“Best Indian food ever!”

and 1 more site!
Pirates House
Ranked #13 of 64 Ko Phi Phi Don B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I've had Indian food in th UK, Australia, NZ, Singapore, India and loads of other places around the world and I tell you never have I experienced Indian food this good!!!!!

Takes a little while to come out because it is freshly prepared (you can taste it)

If you like Indian, you must eat here!

• Stayed: February 2013
There are newer reviews for Pirates House

Reviewed February 6, 2013

On our fourth night in Koh Phi Phi my fiance and dined at Pirates. The restaurant looked busy so we thought if it was that popular the food must be good...wrong! We ordered a Pina Colada each when they arrived they looked like glasses of powered milk mixed up with a few ice cubes thrown in. We ordered some spring rolls and some garlic bread as starters, they arrived over an hour later. We looked around and noticed that the majority of other diners seated around us were starting to get irritated as they had not received meals either. One couple walked out after at least an hour of waiting. As time ticked on our mains (green curry and stir fry) still had not arrived. When they did we were disappointed. Both meals were edible but not enjoyable. My advice is, sick to some of the smaller Thai run restaurants in the back streets for a quick and tasty meal.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Really friendly staff, lovely food in the restaurant below and i recommend a banana shake :) The room itself, really nice actually. Cozy, clean, towels etc included which is great and the AC works great! Can't be faulted, which is a shame as...

There is 1 Big Problem...

Don't be staying here if you intend on going to bed before 2am!! If you do, expect pretty much huge speakers blasting into the room by the club 1 meter opposite the window.. DOJO's! The owners bless them do have earplugs and will tell you this at check in.

I would recommend the room, and set fire to the club opposite.. perfect! :)

Room Tip: Any. Just have noise cancelling headphones at the ready!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I turned up here without a booking and got a nice twin room. Friendly english speaking staff.

Room had aircon and TV and was fairly sterile (no carpets, or dirty corners), although I like that rather then a place full of geekos and bugs.

Generally nice and clean, quiet and really central to the island. The shower didn't look great, it wasn't too bad but I think the walls of the wet room were plaster and didn't look great.

The bars was a cool place to hang out and meet people. The food was ok, mainly western and (middle?) eastern, althoug who cares about the food when you have about 20 bars/restaurants within a minutes walk.

Room Tip: Ask to have a look at your room before booking/paying. I think that is fairly typical in Thailand.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed December 15, 2012

Okey, you know its gonna be noisy since its 3 meters from the loudest club off the beach in phi phi, so thats a given. And when you see the rooms you know they're small, the "balconies" are almost a joke. You could literally not sit two people on them. and you can not stand 2 people there because the AC is mounted to low.

The best thing about the place is the Pirate-theme, the location and the owner. The drinks in the restaurant is okey if a little overpriced for their size, but the food is terrible. Level of englishspeaking in the staff is not great either.

We had some trouble with the fridge and the aircon but got compensated for it after asking.

The music in the bar (Dojo) across the street stops around 1am. before the forget about sleeping.

If you're here to party its generally a great place if your deamnds are not to high and you skip eating in the reasturant. And if you alone and standing on the Balcony:)

Room Tip: Don't pay extra for Balcony.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to eat here, the place looked nice but the food and the employees were terrible!! I had a pizza and my gf a pasta, her portion was so small, it was unbelievable!! The portion had the size of a fist! When we told the staff that her portion was too small, they just said that it was supposed to be small!

My pizza, well, you can't really call it a pizza, seriously, my 'pizza' was a disgrace for all pizza's! It was more like cardboard with about 7 pieces of ham the size of a fingernail. This cardboard plate had no taste whatsoever, a real cardboard plate would have had more flavors I think.

Of course we were not going to tip for one of the worst meals of the year! But, when we paid, they didn't give us our change! We actually had to ask to get our money!!

Don't eat here!

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed October 27, 2012

This place was great, and located in the heart of everything. The room was spacious, clean and the bed was comfy. Always had hot shower and wifi was very good.

The restaurant downstairs has a really cool pirate theme and serves lovely Thai, western and Indian cuisine. It also serves by far the best coconut shake on the island.

The staff were all very professional and friendly. They made me feel very welcome and would go out there way to help.

I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: October 2012