Was told about the hotel from a lady at the port. Was very tired of the long haul flight and decided to go there.
It is built as a complex at the side of the Haad Yao bay and admittedly the bay itself is great; white beach, coconut trees, etc. Stayed at one of the cheapest rooms without any views but that was my choice. The room clean with a/c. Nevertheless, the room was situated at the back side of the complex and did not have any nice feel about it. Nevertheless, it would do for the price and as I mentioned the bay is magnificent. However, the proximity to the beach is probably one of the few advantages this hotel has. A good point was the fact that new beach towels are handed for their customers and they did offer in the bathroom shampoo, conditioner, etc.
Some of the staff were unfriendly to the point of rudeness and certainly lacked essential professionalism. In general, I did not get the feeling that I would be helped f I had a need and the only thing they were interested in was the money. There was an Israeli guy at the front desk who was helpful but still the overall feeling was not a good one. For example, i wanted to print an airline ticket because I lost the original receipt and was not helped at all by the staff.
The single time i had breakfast I thought it was mediocre but since I had no further meals there I can not pass any more comments.
My suggestion to other travellers is that there are alternatives since there are more hotels along the beach and certainly the management has to invest in training their people as far as services are concerned. I would give it actually 2.5 stars but since trip advisor allows either 2 or 3 I will give it a 3.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just a minute’s walk from the golden sands of Haad Yao Beach, this resort is surrounded by nature. Located on the island of Ko Phangan, it features a spa and an outdoor pool.Haad Yao Bayview Resort & Spa offers rooms with wooden furnishings and wall panels. Most rooms have a private balcony, where guests can sit and enjoy views of the sea. The private bathrooms provide a shower and bath toiletries.Guests can enjoy a traditional Thai massage by the beach or at the spa. The resort provide car and bicycle rental, currency exchange, and laundry services.The beachfront restaurant serves local and international dishes. It also offers fresh seafood specialities. Drinks are available at the bar.Haad Yao Bayview Resort & Spa is a 15-minute drive from Thongsala Pier. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, HostelWorld, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Haad Yao Bayview Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haad Yao Bayview Resort And Spa
- Haad Yao Bayview Hotel Koh Phangan