“Tommy's was the best”
Review of Tommy Resort

Tommy Resort
Ranked #28 of 92 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed October 8, 2009

Once we finally arrived on the island after taking a horrendous train/bus/boat trip to the island, we stopped at a number of places of places to look at them. They were pretty bad and we settled on Tommy's. My son and I each had a room that was right in front of the pool. The rooms were very clean, a/c worked well, and the hotel staff and owners were great. Tommy's is right o the beach so it can get a little noisy at night, but that is what ear plugs are for. We paid 2000 baht a night and that included a great breakfast. T

• Stayed: September 2009
There are newer reviews for Tommy Resort

Reviewed July 8, 2009

This hotel is located right on the beach, (same beach as full moon party) it’s a really nice white sand beach. The swimming pool is very big and clean. The aforementioned The service at the restaurant was rubbish to say the least! There were four of us that ordered starters and mains, I ordered a mango fruit shake which was made with unripe mangos it took 10mins for the waiter to come over and change it, then two of my friends mains came out after about 40mins (there were only two tables occupied in the restaurant!) 10mins after that my main came out, then the rest of the food came out all together after another 5mins, to top it all off 15mins after everyone had finished a garlic bread came out which was meant to accompany a lasagna, it was ridiculous! The rooms were terrible they were small, outdated and dingy. The bathroom was in a disgusting state with mold growing everywhere and generally unclean! The towels were dubious too! Unless you are going for a full moon party do not stay here!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Tommy resort was a real find for us as we had not booked anywhere and just got lucky.

WE stayed in a bungalow right next to the pool which was large spacious and clean, it cost 30 GBP per night which was a real bargain in our eyes.

The staff were good and the restaurant serves tasty treats, on demand.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2009

they have two aircon vans to collect you whether you have boooked or not when they get there all you luggage is straight in your room amazing rool such amazing staff. the pool has to be the best on the whole island and it is about 5 step to hadrin beach or suntise beach wichever you know it as it's where the full moon party happens..

• Stayed: May 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 21, 2009

The haad rin beach is absolutely great for swiming. Regarding the Tommy beach-bungalow I must say following: the bathroom/toilet was very dirty and the air-condition did not work all the time. The staff of Tommy's Resort is very unfriendly and not helpful at all. All they want is your money and they do not care if you like it or not. This poor attitude from the staff takes away some of the fun of staying at Tommy's unfortunately. That is my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 12, 2009

We came to Hadrin a few days before the full moon party and I'm so happy because it was so much fun. The location is perfect and the evenings in the beach before the party were great. the service is 100%, they were so helpful with everything from cloth we lost to travel and general info. We stayed at the rooms in the second Flore to save money and it was very good and clean room, just near the swimming pool (that was a very nice one) and I could see the beach from the balcony. The breakfast was average but the food in the restaurant was fine. I would defiantly come beck (next time with my kids..)

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2009

Just back from a month in Thailand and spent five days at Tommys Resort. We paid 350 euros for a 'superior' bungalow with TV and air con. I agree with the other reviewers on it being a great location for Full Moon and I also agree that the staff were really friendly however thats were it ends. The bungalow smelled musty. We had cockroaches and we also had a mouse. The pool looks lovely but after seeing a guy gather all his flem in his mouth and spit it in the pool I decided not to go in. TV didn't work for most of our stay and we ended up checking out a day early and moving on to Koh Tao. If you're 18 years old and don't mind the odd coackroach then this is the place for you but personally I thought it was a kip. This was my second time in Koh Phangan and if I ever go back I would definitely stay on the sunset side of Hadrin. Its only about a 10 minute walk away and is so much nicer.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank shudson