“Outstanding!”

Phangan Rainbow Bungalows
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I can highly recommend Rainbow as the place to stay on Koh Phangan. The Beach Bungalow I stayed in was spacious and clean and well maintained. Even my own hammock on the verandah with views over to Koh Samui. Martin and Noy the owners are friendly and informative and provide a fantastic service. The location is a perfect, a short trip to town however I found myself reluctant to leave the white sands of the beach where Rainbow is situated. All in all my 4 days there were relaxing and chilled, met some great people staying there in the common area which is very social. The food is fantastic too, another reason not to leave !
Paul from Sydney

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Paul H

Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at bungalow that was near to the beach, it was very nice place to stay and watch the view. I stongly recommed for young or old couples. The staff were very friendly. The only complain that I have is that never asking if I need the room to be cleaned!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank akapetanios
Phangan_Rainbow, Owner at Phangan Rainbow Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2013

Thanks Angelos for your review. It is of the utmost importance that our customers understand how our business functions. Your issue that we did not service your room, comes down to a really simple concept of economics. Your room, which we class as mid-range cost you and your friend $13 per night each. It was a beach front room with a queen size bed and a single bed, fan and a very efficient hot water system. The room is spotless when you arrive, and the view and surroundings are impeccable. The room itself is vastly better than most rooms you will find ANYWHERE for the price. You stayed for a sum total of 4 nights. After the 2nd night you asked me if we could clean the room for you. I said we do not service those rooms after only 2 days, but are happy to change the towels for you, and supply you with clean sheets if you have soiled the original ones (after just 2 nights!). People must understand that this is what you get for $13 a night. We make no apologies for not sweeping the sand out of your room, and in fact would expect you to do it yourself. Bungalows/Hotels/Resorts offering the services you are taking about are charging 5 times the amount we charge.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

I have been there for 5 nights. There are good and bad points.
The place is really quiet and peaceful, the room was big and the bathroom definitely the best I have found in thailand! The staff is nice, polite, and they speak english ;)
The price, not really cheap, does not included the service room (even if u book 5 nights!), we even had to ask the toilet paper..
The restaurant, not really cheap, has limited hours and at 9 pm everything is closed and the room does not have the fridge (if u need some water, think about it before!). Be careful to the dogs, I have no problem with.. but the first night when we came back in the night they welcome us really briskly!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Phangan_Rainbow, Owner at Phangan Rainbow Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Hi Freddy, thanks for your review. The points you raise are valid. The price you pay for the room dictates the level of service we provide. That's how we keep costs down. (You paid about $12 a night.). The restaurant is similarly priced with other small businesses nearby, but cheaper than many. (Our next door neighbour sells Pat Thai for 235 baht - which is over the top, ours is 95 baht, in the market you pay about 60 baht, but the street-stall serve is considerably smaller.) We stop serving food at 8 pm (not 9pm), as we are a family business, and need to wrap the days work up, We start the day before 7am. And yes my dogs are friendly, but brisk as you accurately put it.
These are good points for future customers to consider.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This place is amazing i miss it so much already! Its the most relaxing, tranquil peaceful place I've ever stayed. Really felt like we were in thailand. The whole place is well kept and beautiful, the rooms are clean and big. The location is great, not too close to haad rin 15 mins in a taxi for a small price! So its not noisy all night etc.... All the staff members are friendly and noy's cooking skills are wonderful, she even wrote us a recipe down we asked for. Martin is also very helpful with information about the island etc! Me and my friend stayed there in september and went to a black moon party which was luckily just round the corner from the bungalows....if you like dogs which i do, then youll love the guard dogs they are sweet and actually do guard which makes you feel safe! The food is cheap and soo tasty! Basically i highly recommend this place and would defiantly stay here again if i came to koh phangan. The only one thing i would suggest is get an air con room if your from a cold country like me (England) but the fan was fine too.

Jodie and Hollie
England :)

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jodie455
Reviewed September 22, 2013

This summer, I spent my second stay in Rainbow bungalows after having such a fantastic experience when I visited 2 years before. It is paradise! There is no other way to describe the place. It has its own beautiful beach and the beach huts you stay in give you plenty of privacy and they feel very safe. It feels so homely and Noy and Martin are both lovely. They make you feel right at home and are so helpful if you need any information. The food there is to die for - we ended up eating in every night! I could not recommend this place enough, I have never been to anywhere so fantastic and if I ever come back I will be sure to stay there again!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Had a wonderful stay at Rainbow in July, the warm welcome by the owners Noy & Martin,it felt one was being welcomed to their home as opposed to being a paying guest. A truly relaxing place and the food, freshly prepared by Noy was always wonderful; can't wait for a return visit.
A special mention to "Pops" Noy's Dad, such a character,despite the language difficulties, his genuine warmth and goodness shone through like a beacon,we remember him with great fondness. Con & Sheila

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

I would recommend this place to anyone. Martin is a very friendly owner who knows all of his guests by first name. Food was spectacular and atmosphere perfect! Quite close to Haad Riin if you are going to Full moon party

• Stayed: July 2013