Phangan Rainbow Bungalows
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Mac's Bay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Le Divine Comedie(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Ananpura Resotel(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Vimarn Samut Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Pool
View Hotel
Milky Bay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
All reviewsan aussiehaad rinfull moon partyan amazing cookair conditioned bungalowhot waterthai foodhome away from homebeachfront bungalowbeach frontlaid backslice of paradisemassaman curryperfect place to relaxgarden viewamazing placestayed for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 22, 2012

First of all I would like to point out that I never stayed at the Rainbow Bungalows because we never have gotten the chance to. My friend and I chose this place for the Full Moon party, which was our first choice.

However, the reservations guy (Martin) took forever to reply and it took us 5 days to sort out very simple and usual inquiries (rates, availability and payment). The couple of times I called to speed things up, I was told to send an email instead. Eventually I agree to pay the full amount up front and while we are in the midst of sorting out the payment details, he tells me that he gave the room away. I guess he didn't want to deal with a "pesky" customer and act like a professional, so he gave the room away to someone else. His response, when I confronted him with it, was that he had people who wanted to pay straight away (I asked if I could pay in THB instead USD).

In normal hotels, this 5 day process would have been done in a 15min phone call. However, this place shows it true colours and its regard to customer service. There is no reason for them to be involved and professional, seeing that they know they are going to be booked out for that period anyway. Which for a place that has such a good reputation on-line, is a damn damn shame.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Xenia86
Phangan_Rainbow, Owner at Phangan Rainbow Bungalows, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2012

Hi Xenia, after replying to several of your emails (in a cordial manner), you simply needed to pay the amount requested to guarantee the booking. Instead, you accused us of using inflated exchange rates, and sought to pay in Singapore dollars, (which is not a globally preferred currency). The rate we used was not inflated, and the savings that your scheme would have provided you with amounted to less than 2 dollars. At this very busy time on Koh Phangan, we have fun, easy, chilled out people lining up to take our rooms, so we gave it to one of them instead of you.

Reviewed August 21, 2012

A bit more than a year ago I stayed at Phangan Rainbow Bungalows for one month and I had my best time during my stay in Thailand, allthough I had to finish my master thesis there because of a deadline. The family and the whole atmosphere made it very easy to get through the work. And with Noy's extraordinary good food, I didn't had to care about anything. I will stay there again over Nye this year and look really forward to this.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 20, 2012

If your looking for a clean, relaxed not too expensive place to stay by a nice beach, this place is it.

Man, after bit of travelling we really managed to drop down a few gears here... but still had plenty of party time at surrounding bars/parties.

We didn't want to stay somewhere noisy but also didn't want to be too far from the action of the beach parties of Haad Rin. This place was too easy, we had every thing we wanted, super relaxed feel about it, along with a comfortable aircon bungalow (with deck and hammock) that overlooked a clean beach. The restaurant serves good mid
priced food and the beer is always icy cold and priced right.

Staff were friendly as and the owner guy is an aussie so no worries with any language barriers. He was a big
help with any questions we had on trips and stuff to do on the island.

Would recommend to any travellers who are over dorms and pokey lil guesthouses, this place was a awesome relaxing place to stay if your looking for mid range accomodation!

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank canbesomebodyelse
Reviewed August 18, 2012 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying here for six days for the July fullmoon and my birthday (my birthday was on fullmoon) and I had an amazing time! Martin and his wife and their staff run a mini paradise here! I am a twenty three year old backpacker that wanted to party my face off at night relax and chill out by day and Rainbow was the perfect pick I think! Affordable and clean bungalows, a deserted paradise beach, and the best Thai food you will ever eat! I even got to Skimboard on my birthday because Martins awesome son had an extra board! I loved this family and their bungalows! I can't wait till I come back!

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank djuno
Reviewed August 17, 2012 via mobile

After being in southeast Asia for two months, I have to say that this is one of my favorite hotels of the whole trip! The bungalows were the perfect size, comfy bed, and good bathroom. The beach is absolutely beautiful and quiet - a big change from Haad Rin! But the thing that makes the difference is the owners and staff! They are so kind and helpful, they really make it feel like home! The food is AMAZING! And the grab your own drink system is great! Definitely will be back here one day!

• Stayed: July 2012