“Great value, great location, very nice staff”
Review of Coral Bungalows

Coral Bungalows
Reviewed July 31, 2014

I truly dont understand some of the reviews written on here... I just want to say that the establishment is well done complimented by some very kind Thai folk working there. The food is good, but I truly suggest sticking to Thai food anywhere in Thailand... The bungalows are a great value and the place has many other options including massage services, internet cafe, scooter rentals, a pool and many other smaller things. The main town of Haadrin is a short walk along the beach or on the main road, by foot, scooter or taxi. I would recommend the bungalows to anyone who is looking for great budget place to stay, but please do know they are bungalows! Twas my second stay in July 2014, and I will definitely go back!

Room Tip: Rooms away from the pool might be more quiet as leading up to the Full Moon Party, they host pool pa...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank NathanS0221

Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

This is THE WORST place I have stayed in EVER.
- you can be fined for just about anything here
- the upper levels shower drains into the lower levels shower. I now have tinea. I feel disgusting.
- the bath towels we were given had holes through them
- the rooms are very ugly, old furniture with flecks of paint everywhere.
- stains on the bedding
- food was well below par

Hope I've saved others from this nightmare

Stayed: July 2014
8  Thank Trixie M
Reviewed June 10, 2014

Do not be fooled by the smiles that greet you at first, a friend had emailed to book three fan rooms for full moon, the email was responded to saying she needed to reply with bank details for a deposit, which she did. After no reply she emailed again and was asked to send them again, this time assuming it had worked. On arrival they had not booked the rooms for us and said that they don't use that email anymore which is why they didn't get the booking, even though on the website it states to email this particular email and also they replied to us through it twice. They had one fan room and two air con rooms, the difference in price for 5nights was a little over 4000baht which was just a joke! They took no responsibility for the cock up which was completely their fault and after realising we were getting nowhere with their rude and unhelpful staff we took the rooms. A ladyboy showed two of us to our rooms with a face like a smacked bum, he then completely ignored the rest of our group and went back downstairs, they then had to follow him just to be handed the keys to the door right next to us!
The food is rank, so disgusting, and the staff here are no better, they are rude, they shout at you, they have no manners whatsoever, the food is awful and half of it never arrives anyway. Our friends waited two hours for a pizza that never came, I don't think we had one meal where every bit of food arrived, even the food that did arrive was not correct. One guy slammed his hand on the table and shouted in our friends face.
The staff try to rip you off wherever they can, we got one toilet roll in each room for the duration of 5days! After that you have to buy it, it does not matter if you stay one night or two weeks you still only get one toilet roll, such a joke! Also make sure you don't even dare to dribble on the sheets at night, if there is one single mark out of place they will try and charge you £20 per sheet! Cheeky little so and so's! The pool parties are non existent apart from on one night where it was actually quite good....but it's not worth the stay, get a taxi here from another place, DO NOT STAY HERE.

The staff are so rude and do not want to help you in anyway, you are a walking Bank to them as soon as you enter, as if you don't pay enough over full moon already. They will make your stay an absolute nightmare. GOOD RIDDANCE TO THE RUDEST THAIS IVE EVER MET. time to work in a new industry I think as none of them are good with tourists. Whoever owns this place I would seriously consider replacing ALL of your staff.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Tori_dillan
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

I think people's expectations are somewhat above the norm, or a trail of chemical induced paranoia was still lingering..

The bungalows we had were clean, cheap (200b) and set in a pleasant secluded garden area. The pool is a great bonus, how many places have a pool for that price?

The only boo boo was the food operation, it was shocking, the waiters were annoying also and the restaurant had about as much atmosphere as a shoebox on the moon. The reception staff also seemed a little too languorous for comfort.

That said, you're not short on places to eat in the local area.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank tomosaurus
Reviewed June 1, 2014

Me and my friends were on a backpack trip to Thailand in the month of Feb 2013 and were visiting kohphangan to attend the Full Moon Party (FMP). After getting good review from one of my close friend about this hotel, I had planned to book it online, but couldnt do it. However, after reaching the hotel a day before (FMP) we found it was fully booked. So we booked rooms at a hotel adjacent to it called Pure Resort, which I'm glad I did after reading all the terrible reviews about the room. However, we used to go to Coral Bungalows every morning for a sumptuous breakfast, which I believe is the best you can find on that island. Apart from that the hotel has a good swimming pool and is few steps away from the beach. I cannot comment about the rooms as we didnt stay there. But the Thai massage was amazing and that too at a reasonable price. The hotel also hosts pool party which is open to all. Overall the food and the service was good, the hotel property is amazing too as it is located right at the edge of the beach.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank KrazyTraveller_23
Reviewed May 21, 2014

My friend and I stayed at Coral last week, wanting to be somewhere close to the Full Moon Party, and to be somewhere lively and fun with the opportunity to meet lots of people. Although the pool parties that they have (every single night) are admittedly quite fun, it's NOT WORTH going to this hotel to stay. The food is disgusting- we actually had to send it back because what we ordered was completely different from what we were given- and the staff are the rudest people I have ever met in my life. The room we were given was in really bad condition. We had a massive drama when checking out after they showed us a sheet from our room had a tiny stain on it- they told us it was ruined and that we had to pay £20 to buy a new one. After arguing with us when we tried to explain that it would wash out, they told us to go do it ourselves, because it was unfixable and damaged and that they would have to throw it away. After giving in and paying, we saw them put it straight into the laundry basket, and saw the person behind the reception desk put the money in the back of his phone case (I got it out of the laundry and chucked it in a bin). We also booked a taxi to pick us up at 5pm to get the boat to Koh Samui at 5.30, to which they didn't bother to do. The mopeds you can hire are a massive rip off and they charge for damage that has already been done. Cannot recommend enough that you stay somewhere else, the hotel and staff alike are absolutely vile.

Room Tip: Stay anywhere else but here...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Brit W
Reviewed May 16, 2014

I've stayed at corals a few times and it's basically a massive party hotel, pool parties every night before the full moon partys! you wouldn't wanna go in the pool the day after though...
The rooms are spacious if your upstairs but you probably won't get much sleep!
On the nights of the full moon parties theres always a big party at the bar with everyone painting each other and drinking buckets which is great fun!
Its about a 10 min walk out of main Haad Rin but not far at all really.

Room Tip: upstairs rooms
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends