Open today: 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Reiki and Detox on the magical crystal island

I went for the 11 day complete detox and reiki level 1 at Orion Healing Centre and came back... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
Nicoleelizabeth82
London, United Kingdom
One of the best places on the planet

You must experience Orion at least once in your life. Here's my story of why. I quit my job in... read more

Reviewed 5 weeks ago
Vanessa R

Recommended experiences in and around Ko Pha Ngan
from $16.69
from $20.03
from $38.38
More Info
All reviews detox program vegan food reiki level kitchen staff fasting detox dairy products mushroom burger included daily detox drinks health food liver flush life changing body and soul omelette steam room magnificent place energy levels
Selected filters
Reviewed June 6, 2016

I went here with my 18 year old daughter. Amazing yoga classes and food. Poor room provided for the cost. I wish we had booked a room at any nearby resort and bought the yoga pass. Please also be aware that this is not a swimming beach.

Date of experience: May 2016
3  Thank Krissy54321
Reviewed May 26, 2016

I bought the one week unlimited yoga pass for 2000 baht. It's a good deal if you want to commit to at least one class a day. They offer a nice variety of styles and I loved combining the morning Hatha flow classes with the evening Yin or Sunset Flow. The teaching styles were alignment and breath focused while still having a nice theme to focus in on. It was great to have lot's of time on my mat with teachers who seem to really love what they are doing! I can personally recommend Seulhee, Danielle and Ben. I enjoyed coming early for a juice or one of their amazing shakes or staying after for lunch. Not the cheapest, but well worth the money for what they have to offer!

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed May 2, 2016

For Thai circumstances (I backpacked overthere so I know), you pay a lot of money to stay at this place if you'd like to have a whole deal package. The rooms of the place they show you on the site look no where near the actual rooms. When I first arrived I saw a couple of dogs running around. I am a little afraid of dogs, so if you are also afraid of them, you should know that they are around all the time (they did no harm to me but still).

I booked one of the 'expensive' rooms with more space outside and an airconditioning, hot shower etc. (the Type D Orion sunset room). This looked not like the pictures I saw on the internet. It was a LOT more basic, and then I mean REALLY basic.

When the owner showed me the room I saw a gecko in my room and my airconditioning wasn't working. About the gecko he said: Oh that is just a little one, we have bigger ones overhere and he did not care when I was not too amused about that. Later that week I asked for a mosquito net, because of the many geckos in my room and I also had a couple of flying gigantic cockroaches in my room.. The rooms have no screens at the outside doors and when its raining, the geckos also come through the roof above the room in the room, even with the doors closed. Same for the cockroaches. They did not gave me any mosquito net because they said it was not necessary if you had an airconditioning. So I did not sleep well the whole week I was staying over there, because of all the beasts in my room flying and crawling around, but hey.. That is a peaceful, zen holiday right, not having any sleep? They gave me no alternative then to stay in that room so I would suggest, if you really would like to stay there.. BOOK A BASIC ROOM WITH A MOSQUITONET!! Or take one with you. Or enjoy the jungle.

They do not spray the cockroaches out of concerns for nature, so also be aware that there are A LOT of these dirty insects around. And the common toilet was also VERY very dirty, same as the shower. If I stayed in a more basic room I would not go to the toilet by night. It is dark and dirty in the common washing areas.

As for the food. The food was really good. I loved the food, my fresh coconut everyday, the breakfast, the juices.. everything. So if you are nearby, def go there to eat something.

Also the classes were very good. Take a lot of mosquito spray with you though. Some people could not follow the classes because they were eaten alive. This happens because of the still water (you can not swim in front of the place) that is in front of the yoga meditation place.

So my conclusion for now. Go there for the yoga, the people and the food. But for a good night of sleep, rent a scooter and stay in a better place nearby!

Date of experience: July 2015
8  Thank Suzannelouise1
Reviewed May 1, 2016 via mobile

There are lots of wonderful things to say about this place and one or two things that could definitely be improved upon. Firstly, I agree with a previous reviewer who said that the restaurant (though amazing) is way too busy at times to prioritize the needs of the people who are actually staying there and those undertaking one of the detox or yoga programmes. The main issue can be that there is no space to sit where food isn't being eaten. This means if you are detoxing you can't avoid food and this can drive you a little crazy. They really do need to section off a space at the retreat well away from the kitchen so that detox clients can chill out and chat to each other. The detox instruction I received was very hit and miss. However the good news is that there is a wonderful naturopath working there overseeing the detox programmes. She is called Natasha and she has excellent knowledge and advice and the 11am daily detox meetings, when she was taking them, were always excellent. However the bad news is that whilst I was there she was only working part time. The two very nice people who stood in for her unfortunately just didn't have the experience to do the job well enough. The info given was contradictory and unclear and more often than not purely subjective. There was no sense is them encouraging us to complete the programme and nothing inspirational or knowledgeable about their meetings (which is why people stopped attending them). I do feel when you are undertaking a massive health overhaul and not eating for 7 out of 11 days and doing two self administered colonics per day, that you need to feel secure, supported and surrounded by knowledgeable staff specifically trained in this method. The stand in nutritionist hadn't actually done the colonics and detox programme we were all following. Thank God for the days that Natasha was working! They need another like her. There is a kind of haphazard vibe to the whole place but there is a charm that goes with that too. The other office staff were nice enough and helpful. Not massively over friendly in the kitchen though but OK.

Now...The yoga was fantastic! especially Antoine's classes. He really is the most excellent yoga teacher managing to integrate inspirational psychotherapy with a humourous twist as well as guiding us through the asanas. He is probably the best yoga teacher I have ever experienced. I also highly rate Naomi and Jewels who also had excellent classes. I Didn't connect at all with Ben's classes or Nicole. These were High Intensity with No real awareness of mixed ability or prior injuries and they felt much more mechanical (and even a little showy!). Do make sure you let them know of any injuries up front as they wont ask. The Kirtan was wonderful as was Jewel's reiki and Natasha's chakra balancing. All well worth paying extra for. Overall I had a wonderful time at Orion. I wouldn't personally stay on at Orionafter the detox as there are much closer nicer and cheaper places to stay up the coast and you can always just drop in for the yoga classes when you want to and eat at the fabulous vegan restaurant. All in all, I had a life changing experience at this Centre and would highly recommend it to anyone thinking about going.

Date of experience: April 2016
2  Thank Carrie M
Reviewed April 29, 2016

These people do not care about people. Customer services? The customer is always wrong. If there is a problem or a complaint made by myself and other friends of mine, the response is that we are in the wrong. One manager in particular is rude, argumentative and standoffish to everybody, whether they are suggesting a certain type of diet or detox that is different to theirs there is always an aggressive reaction, despite it only being in a conversational context. If you have a problem with a workshop or service that is taking place there, you will be told that they do not care about the problem with it as it is none of their business... well I think it is your business if something is being sold and taking place at your business. I suppose I always expect more from a place that promotes yoga... detox.... "healing"... but really it is just about £££££. The irony is almost amusing. Unhelpful, cold and unkind owners really would make me lose faith in humanity if I gave them too much attention. Don't fall for it.

Date of experience: January 2016