Majestic
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Milky Bay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
Ananpura Resotel(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
V-View Beach Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Pool
Le Divine Comedie(Ko Pha Ngan)
  • Beachfront
Mac's Bay Resort(Ko Pha Ngan)
View Hotel
All reviewskoh phanganswimming pooltable tennisbeer pongair conhostelpartyislandbackpackers
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 7, 2013

I stayed at the Hard Road Cafe in February for the full moon party along with 9 other friends. Since we were a big group we stayed in the villas and I must say over it was the best hostel we stayed at on our whole trip through Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam. We stayed in a 10 person dorm room that was very spacious and since we stayed by the villas (which is in a separate location about a 2min walk from the main building) we had a pool and we even had our own bar area. The main building is really nice, you have an area to lounge, to play games, a restaurant and bar, basically everything you need in one location. The staff are super friendly and helpful and the guys who run the place are great! They are always somewhere around asking if you need anything or just to have a casual conversation. Over all the stay was excellent and if I'm ever in Thailand again I'd def stop in and stay there again. Recommend it to everyone.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
6  Thank Evami T
Reviewed March 7, 2013

The room I stayed in was very clean, the workers/maids are always smiling. The most important thing was the managers were straight forward, they didn't try to sell or scam me with anything. I am looking forward to staying here again. The sleep was also great since the bed was comfortable and the location is not on Haad Rin where the parties are.

Room Tip: AC might be a little too much if you're not used to having air condition. Fan rooms are way cheaper.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Chana S
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Hard Road Cafe is a great place to stay. The food is good, the rooms are clean and comfortable, there is access to the lovely Villa swimming pool, there is a bar less than 30 seconds away from your room (without any noise disturbance) and the French guys who run the place are just awesome. They always go the extra mile to make sure you are enjoying Koh Phangan and you constantly feel valued. And of course, sport is on the TV whenever you want it. Hard Road also sits at the perfect location for most activities on the island too, Ban Tai - without the madness of Haad Rin. What more could you want? Definitely recommend this place. I had a great time, thanks guys!

Room Tip: Despite the fact that there is a bar upstairs, the dorms at Hard Road Cafe are still quiet enough to get a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Hayley H
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Have never stayed at a backpackers/hostel before I booked a 6 bedroom dorm for me and 2 friends. When we arrived we were given the option to do the 6 bedroom with no A/C or a 14 bed dorm with A/C. We took the 14 bed dorm and it worked out really well. Everybody in the room was courteous to each other and we all ended up hanging out, drinking, playing ping pong amoungst other things together. The room was clean, and air conditioning was a life saver. I was also worried about the whole toilets/showers per person thing, but there was more than enough, i never found myself waiting for either at any time of the day, even around busy period of the full moon party. On the full moon party day an all you can eat buffet, body paint and taxi was organised by the staff which was really convenient and easy.
Another thing which i was worried about was whether I should be staying in Haad Rin because thats where the full moon party is, but I soon found out BanTai is a good location, and the island isnt very big, you can get just about anywhere for 100baht in a taxi or just hire a scooter for 200baht/day and get anywhere yourself.
When you check in with Hard road you also have access to their hard road villa down the road which was a pool, and the beach bar across the road on BanTai beach.
There is also plenty of activities they have 2 ping pong tables, a small pool with a projector to watch movies and plenty of couches to laze around on. Also an air conditioned room to watch TV or use internet computers. Wifi was really fast and never let me down.
The food was pretty good, a little bit more than what you'd pay at a local market or similar but its the price you pay for convenience. I recommend the pizza "The gig". Theres a huge selection of Thai and western food available.
All in all i would highly recommend Hard Road for anybody looking to have a good launch pad to the rest of the island but away from the busiest spots like Haad Rin. You'll meet new friends, and have FUN.

Room Tip: Go for the 14 bed dorm with air con, hire a scooter for 200baht and drive up the west coast for beautiful views on the way to Haad Salad or Haad Yao
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank courtsjoe
Reviewed February 28, 2013

The French team that runs the hard road are a great bunch. Really fun and nice guys who dedicate themselves to their hostel.
Their English is good and the keep a good house!
Definitely recommend this place!!!

• Stayed: February 2013