“Woow!!!”

High Life Bungalow Resort
Quebec City, Canada
“Woow!!!”
Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

As I was searching for a new hotel with my moped, I decided to stop at high life bungalow. I ask to visit the fan bungalow, and i just fall in love. Clean bungalow, and even if I hated taking a shower with cold water, I get use to it. The view is amazing, from my balcony i could see the sea and the beach. Right in front of the bed there is a big window, so when you lay on the bed you can still see the sea. There is also an hammock on the balcony. I had like no neighboor, so I feel intimity when i was relaxing on the balcony. Well for 500 bhat it definetly worth it. Oh and by te way, there is free wi-fi in the room. Its not always working well, but hey, you are on koh phangan. There is also a biggg pool . And you can access the beach in a few minutes. Nice staff.

Im just recomend to rent a moped if you stay there, cause from street to lobby, there is a big mountain, but if you are in good shape and you dont mind...

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Boulder, Colorado
Reviewed January 31, 2013

It has been almost a year since we stayed 7 nights at the High Life Bungalows. My boyfriend and I got the Honeymoon Suite, A1 - because it was about $70 USD a night and when else would we be able to afford 270 degree view of the ocean - and an outdoor tub & own private balcony - sunsets were spectacular! I highly reccomend this place, the staff, and the food. I dream of breakfast sandwiches, cappucinos, and club sandwiches. Sounds weird right? The food was just amazing - Thai food, too. You'll see when you get there.

Room Tip: Order the club sandwich
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jkdemonte
milano
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We've been staying for six nights in this fabulous resort and we're absolutely satisfied. The view over Haad Yao is wonderful.
This is one of the best medium range resort which I've ever seen with a very good restaurant and the staff is kind and friendly.
The bungalows are clean and well decorated (especially the ones over the cliff)
I'd definitely come back again.

Room Tip: Rooms over the cliff are wonderful
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore
Reviewed January 22, 2013

We stayed at another resort on the same beach as we were part of a large wedding party but ate practically all our Thai meals at High Life. We loved the music which was chilled and not ja ja pop. Staff were wonderfully friendly and helpful, more so after they discovered we loved the food. Strongly recommend the Thai food in particular - my favorites Thai pork salad with glass noodles, soup with chicken meatballs, Thai fried rice...mmm its making my drool to remember how good the food was. And I am Asian and a fussy eater so was very pleased to find an inexpensive (they fed my family of 2 adults and 2 20 something sons!) with vast amounts of food for incredibly reasonable price...plus drinks! Must get that recipe for Thai pork salad off them:) enjoy! we did.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Manchester
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

We were so desperate to stay here but they were so busy they couldn't offer us the same room for 6 nights, so we actually moved rooms 3 times. So ill review all 3 rooms.

Sea view, 2800Baht room A19.
We stayed here 1 night. The room was really big, had a great bathroom, shower had a mind of its own though! I will admit, I didn't love this room. ALL the soft furnishings looked slightly out of date.

Bungalow, 900Baht.
There are 4 bungalows situated at the back of the main resort. I believe there are cheaper ones but offer no hot water and air con. Our room was pleasant, spacious, 2 double beds. Basically your typical backpacker bungalow.

Mountain view 2000Baht.
This was our favourite room. Even though it was a mountain view it certainly wasn't and had great views over the sea and beach. The bathroom wasn't quite as nice as the first but the shower worked better. Hammock and the balcony was a great touch.

The staff here are super super friendly. Honestly the nicest Thai people ever! It's family run and they are just so nice!
The food is excellent. We ate breakfast and lunch here most days. They do the most amazing shakes EVER!

The pool is great. I wouldn't like to take young children here though. The views were fantastic. We loved high life, and would Definately stay here again.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank michellehulme
Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

Fantastic view, nice pool, good restaurant with the best coconut-coffe-shake and springrolls! We had the deluxe bungalow with sea-view and it was a very nice room: clean, and a nice bed(not SO hard...). The service was excellent, the straff was smiley and friendly and helped us with everything we asked for! The beach was quiet and I loved the resort and the Haad Yao:)

• Stayed January 2013
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Although this place is a bit of a struggle to get to (uphill in both directions), it does provide a great reward. The views are stunning, the staff is friendly, the bungalows/rooms are excellent, the food is fantastic, the drinks are generously poured, and there is a great sense of openness and community among the guests. Note: It is NOT on the beach, as it is on a cliff. People with mobility issues may have some problems. But if you can get there, you may not ever want to leave.

Room Tip: There are some bungalows that are not sea facing, so make sure you don't get stuck with one of t...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple