All reviewshillside bungalowhaad rinfull moon partycoco hutpool terracemin walkbuffet breakfastlittle piece of paradisesun loungersamazing hotelspent nightssea viewresortbeachislandphanganmassage
Reviewed February 3, 2016

I booked this hotel thinking I was paying a little more than neighboring hotels because it would be a comfortable, relaxing and enjoyable experience. NOT the case. Do NOT go here. The only good thing about this place is the lovely private beach that the hotel is situated on. Let me summarize for you:

- the most UNfriendly, UNhelpful staff I've ever interacted with at a hotel. No smiles, no cheerfulness, no desire to help. I felt like even the most basic requests were major inconveniences to everyone. I had to hunt people down just to get a drink IN the restaurant. Multiple times.

- This hotel did not serve ANY cocktails. Beer and wine only. And ONLY up in the restaurant. What? They had a cocktail bar on the beach that was not open when we arrived. We asked about it and they said it would open at 1pm. It did not. We asked again and they said it would be open tomorrow. It wasn't. We asked again and they said the next day. Guess what? Nope. We spent a day on the beach and there was no one offering any beer, water or drinks. They are missing out on a HUGE source of revenue!! I'm American and we always tip and take care of our servers. But there was not a server to be found! Again, What? This is supposed to be a RESORT!

- The bathroom had mold all over the shower area. I understand that this humid environment lends itself to mold, but it was gross.

- The bed was hard (I've found this to be a common theme in Thailand- but I expected a little more at this higher end resort).

-The room had huge picture windows facing the ocean (pretty) but had curtains that had absolutely no light reduction properties to them at all. They might as well have been sheer when the sun came up. If you have a late night and want to sleep in and are sensitive to light, this place is NOT for you.

- the internet. Where do I start with this? What a joke. It was worthless. I literally lost signal every 30 seconds. At first I thought it was because our room was a little away from the center of the resort. So I went to the restaurant and logged into the restaurant wifi. I still lost signal every 30 - 60 seconds. I needed to book another room for a few days later in Bangkok and I had to go a local restaurant to use their wifi since it was way better and I couldn't risk dropping signal in the middle of the booking.

- We asked for a late checkout (1pm) and they approved. But on checkout day, they were calling our room at 1130am and hounding us to check out because they "had another booking". The hotel was not even 25% full when we were there- so this was uncalled for. Again, we left wondering what the heck we ever did to them to get that kind of treatment over and over again.

All in all, this was NOT a resort accommodation. The only thing about this property that is positive was the beach. I have never felt so unwelcome at any hotel in my life- and we came in smiling, without any major demands. I just can't emphasize enough how totally unenthusiastic and unfriendly the staff was. People, there are BETTER places to stay that value you and your business. Don't patronize this hotel unless you have low standards and lots of money.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nova C
Reviewed January 23, 2016 via mobile

We have visited the hotel 2 nights on January 2016 for our honeymoon
The hotel location is great while rhe it has its own beach of course with white sand, quite & private.
The hotel facilities are great, restaurant, service, spa...etc.
We reserved the access pool room which was big and great.
Very recommended

Stayed: January 2016, traveled as a couple
Cocohutresort, Manager at Cocohut Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2016

Thank you very much for your review hope you come back again

cocohut team

Reviewed December 30, 2015 via mobile

We stayed in one of the junior pool villas with a private jacouzzi with three people and the size of the room was very good and the room pretty nice and clean. The beach was great and away from the crowd/party area. They also offer free shuttle to the ferry and to the bar area. We will come back. The receptionists, especially Jasmine have been very helpful and supportive.

Stayed: December 2015, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 21, 2015

I've really enjoyed staying in this hotel as it has private beach . its not overcrowded. Staff is friendly. Nor expensive restaurant. Close enough to Haad Rin if u want party.
Amaizing Spa- completly worth their prices- especially hot oil massage

• Stayed: February 2015, traveled solo
1  Thank Majka K
Reviewed December 14, 2015 via mobile

I love this place
Beautiful private beach
Room was great
Breakfast ok
Near to full moon party, just walk across the hotel there are a road straight to the party its only 4-5 min walk
And they have cocktail party free
The pool was ok
Its a great experiance stay in there

Stayed: December 2015, traveled as a couple