I stayed at the Cocohut Village Resort & Spay in 2011 and booked the Beachfront Pool Villa expecting big things. I should preface this review with te fact that we were in Koh Phangan during fullmoon period.
Check In: This was a nightmare as hundreds of people get off the Ferry all at once and converge on hotels. Some have bookings, many do not meaning hotels are on a mission to get as many tourisits in as possible! We had booked the villa online months in advance so once we eventually got the chance to check in we had no problems it just took about 45 minutes.
The Room: The room was big, on the beach with its own private pool which was nice, the bathroom was amazing.
The Service: As this is not a 5 star resort you cannot expect perfect service, rooms were cleaned daily (just late in the afternoon mostly) and the staff were all lovely. My boyfriend unfortunatley needed to go to hospiatl during our stay and the staff were amazing, the drove us in the middle of the night into town to the hospital and stayed with us until they were sure we were okay. Their english was great and they were able to explain everything to me and keep me calm!
Room Service/Bar:Don't bother with room service or breakfast both are very average. It's only a two minute walk into town (up a big hill!) and there are much better options there. The beachfront bar is worth going to - cocktails are cheap and strong and it gets busy at night.
The Spa: The spa is worth going to! I had a number of treatments while I was at Cocohut and each one was fantastic and inexpensive.
Overall we had a good stay, were close to the action in a nice big beachfront room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cocohut beach resort and spa is located on Leela beach, one of the most beautiful beaches on Phangan island, it's just 5 minutes walk from Had Rin beach, where the Full Moon Party takes place. We provide varieties of accommodations, with a nice private beach, you can really relax and enjoy the breeze. Let's have fun! It seems like we are very close to the party place, actually our resort is exactly on the other side and there is a hill situated as a natural frontier, perfectly makes us apart from all party noises. You can feel secluded and away from chaos, figure it out! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Evoline ltd so you can book your Cocohut Village Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocohut Village Beach Resort And Spa
- Cocohut Village Beach Hotel Koh Phangan