All reviewshillside bungalowhaad rinfull moon partycoco hutpool terracemin walkbuffet breakfastlittle piece of paradisesun loungersamazing hotelspent nightssea viewresortbeachislandmassagephangan
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Great hotel with great variety of room and hut styles, amazing location and amenities.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I stayed in one of the cliff houses in 2007 after previously staying in some cheaper lodgings in the same complex a few years earlier. This place is AMAZING. Our room was clean, the view spectacular and chilling in the hammock listening to music with a book was pure bliss!

I'm hoping to return with my husband this year (and hoping it hasn't changed too much). I always thought it would be perfect for couples and I'm glad I finally have someone special enough to want to share this place with!

Room Tip: Anything with a sea view is a must!
  • Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 12, 2012

If you can get this rooms at this hotel in low season I would definitely stay there again. The place has its own beach. Very clean. Very relaxing place. Good food and even better shakes.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 10, 2012

Having first visited Coco Hut over 11 years ago, this resort has changed beyond recognition, and sadly not for the better. Years ago it was a small operation with a dozen or so huts located right on the wonderful Leela Beach. Sadly the greed of the owners has taken precedent over everything else and its all about how they can rake in as much as possible from the guests.
We spent two nights here because we altered our plans and the resort where we were staying was full.

We chose one of the Cliff Top Villas for £72 and prepaid in advance, when we arrived we got "upgraded" to one of the pool side villas (in reality not pool side) which were on the face very nice but not what we wanted, as it was near the new building they are constructing, which incidentally they don't tell you about nor is it mentioned on their web site which i think is not acceptable. The villa also had a full PC which would have been at home in a city business hotel not one on a Thai island and the fact that the room had no seats so you couldn't use the damn thing made it quite pointless. We went back to reception and requested the Cliff Top Villa that we had originally requested which was away from the construction (note i said construction not noise, but more of that later) this in our opinion was a much superior room as it was tiled and not wood which made it cooler.

The room is of a good size but not without faults. The safe is totally inadequate and i couldn't even fit my Ipad in never mind a net book or god forbid a lap top. There is nowhere to hang any clothes, i kid you not which i found quite astounding! Everything must be paid for in advance, you cant charge any thing to your room which means you have to have cash with you for drinks etc...The mini bar has "sealed" cans of coke, beer, mars bars etc.. so you cant replace anything should you have the munchies through the night.

I know it was over the Xmas and Ko Phangan is a party town but i found the clientele should have been in Ibiza rather than Thailand. Its predominantly Israeli and anyone who knows about them will testify they are not the nicest of people, not all i might add, just the ones i have encountered. Why oh why do we have to have Shisha pipes??? Its ok till about 2pm then the youngsters awake and the Techno/House/Trance music starts pumping out then its pretty solid till about 6-7pm then it all quietens down till about 11pm then there seemed to be many parties going on, why they just don't head off into Haad Rin ill never know.

In conclusion. If your looking for an authentic Thai resort then this sadly isn't for you, however if your more into a European Ibiza holiday then this could be right up your street, I am in the former so this is not for me.

For those in the know Coco Hut have bought and taken over Leela Beach bungalows which are at the other end and they are going to develop it. I was speaking to the owners son Hat and he promised me that they "would not make the same mistakes again" and that it would "be like the Coco Huts of old"

Here's hoping........

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TheGeordieNomad
Reviewed December 30, 2011

I went with my boyfriend, it was in the perfect location close enough for us to go to full moon beach to party yet far enough away that the noise didn't bother us and in the day we could get away down the beach. We stayed in a poolside villa which was lovely and had everything you needed, shared a small private pool with 3 or 4 other rooms but barely saw anyone else. The food was great and staff friendly. Only downside was the cost which isn't ideal for people wanting to travel on a budget, definitely a good choice for couples. The tourist desk was great with organising scooters for us. Good hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple