“Indian Food on the menu!” 4 of 5 stars

Havana Beach Resort
Ranked #31 of 91 Hotels in Ko Phangan
Barnsley, United Kingdom
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 3,640 helpful votes
“Indian Food on the menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Was staying at Longtail Beach Resort nearby on my Honeymoon & spotted the Indian food sign as we walked on the beach & thought we'd give it a try as a change from Thai food.
Small choice of dishes but all very tasty. Naan's were nice & crispy as I like them & the curries both meat & vegetable were well cooked at a good price.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Leedsaway67

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Arnhem, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Beautifull resort, great bar/restaurant on the beach with very good food. Not as cheap as a regular dinner in Thailand, but the resort, the view from the beach compenasate that easily. The rooms are tidy, clean and modern. The pool just on the boarder if the beach make the whole picture complete.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JacobdeBoer
The Hague
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed here with my family including two small kids. We enjoyed our stay very much. The rooms were excellent (although it was a stroke of luck when the showers delivered hot water) The pool was good and safe. The beach was great and we enjoyed some great BBQ food for dinner. All in all this is what holiday is all about. Professional and friendly staff who go out of there way to please the guests. I would certainly recommend the havanna beach resort.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

I only have praises for this place. The owner should be very proud to know after travelling Asia for the last 2 months I have never met such wonderful, helpful and kind front desk staff. As soon as I walked in I felt like royalty. I only stayed a night with my husband and son as we had rented a house down the road for the next day but if I haven't I would of wanted to stay here for the rest of my stay in Thailand. I liked it so much that when I want a break from our rented house I'm booking in here.
The hotel has large clean rooms, coffee and tea making facilities, wifi, a porch with table and chairs and a large clean swimming pool. It's set on the beach which is clean and very comfortable. We were lucky as it was low season so we got the swimming pool all to ourselves. I wish I had known about this hotel earlier in my trip so I wouldn't of had to stay at the dive I did previous. I've stayed in hotels 3 times the price of this yet I rate this the highest. I hope you keep the staff for as long as possible as they really are the best on the island. If they had adjoining rooms then I wouldn't have rented a house. Chai ( the chap at the bar ) is very helpful and fun to be around. His English is perfect. I hope whoever stays here enjoys their time as much as we did.
Mr and Mrs green and a half.

• Stayed October 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

The hotel was great, we loved it and the beach. it is quiet and not too far from the main street and it has a 7/11 near and laundry services. the rooms are nice and the beach is very nice quiet one. the breakfast was not the best, but pretty decent(eggs,pancake,toast,fruits etc..). the part of the beach closest to the hotel has lots of longtail boats in it, which is nice for photos but not so much for swimming.. but you can go around them easily. the only thing that bothered us at the hotel was the fact that we didn't always have hot water in our room because of the fact that there were not too many guests there, so they turned the boiler off... which made us go to the reception each time one of us wanted to take a shower... no phone in the room so you have to walk up the stairs in order to do so. other then that - great place!

Room Tip: The deluxe room is basically the same as the regular with a bit larger balcony...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank krolik11
Rishon Le Zion, HaMerkaz, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

My wife and i stayed for 3 nights.

The hotel located few minutes walking from thong nai pan village but it's located right on the beautiful beach.
The pool was very clean, and breakfast was very reach.
The hotel also provide free wifi.

The room [ building, pool view, 2nd floor ] was big, clean and had a flat screen tv, with big balcony. bathroom was ok, decent size.

The beach is very beautiful and very quiet, just the place to relax, away from the parties in had rin.

the down side - we saw few small lizards in the balcony and on some external walls,
one lizard even entered to our room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eldad D
Brussels, Belgium
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

the hotel is far from phangan centres tongsala and haad rin ( ca.45 min by taxi). on the other hand that means you are not bothered by parties, cars, etc...locaion is very quiet and pleasant, hence not for party goers.
spent there six nights in august 2012 there and can't say anything negative about this hotel. right on the beach and among the trees at the same time, you can hear birds singing every morning, spotless rooms of generous size and teracess, acceptable breakfest (usually poor in thai hotels). pool is quite small but acceptable. very good restaurant on the beach ( quite expensive),staff is friendly and efficient, can speak good english.no fitness center.
beach is excellent. the only shortcoming is very low tide morning and the fact that the bay is full of boats.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple