“Excellent value for beach location & pool”
Review of Sunrise Resort

Sunrise Resort
Ranked #55 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed November 18, 2013

If you're coming to Phangan to party but want somewhere fairly reasonable to rest your head, this is a good option. At only THB1,200, you get aircon, hot water & access to the pool & pool bar. If you want absolute luxury and 5* service, this is not the place for you - nor is Haad Rin to be fair (go to a quieter part of the island). Beds are comfortable and most rooms have flat screen tv too.

Room Tip: Rooms at the front have a nice view of the beach & pool. Those at the back look over the street...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank mail4matt

Reviewed September 11, 2013

The pool is amazing. You can order food from it and eat while you in the pool.
The location is the best. Right next to the beach party. The problem is that you hear all night the drum and base...

The shower was bad.
The heat changed every 30 seconds.

Slow wifi

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Eliran A
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I don't even want to waste any time on writing this review. In short, I didn't sleep at all. We were at these beachfront rooms, and the noise from a beach bar 50 meters further was unbearable. The room didn't feel clean, the breakfast was the saddest thing I'd ever seen, covered by flies. Avoid by all means!

Room Tip: If you've decided to stay at this dump in spite of this review, don't ever waste your money...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 25, 2013

As it was our first time in koh phangan we had booked a 5 day package with "backpackers Thailand" and didn't know the name of the hotel until we had got booking confirmation, after reading reviews we were anxious as there was very little positive things being said, however we were more than pleasantly surprised! We had a street side room, and despite being across the road from the actual hotel it was very spacious, clean and well looked after. The rooms could be cleaned daily if you simply hung out the door sign to notify the cleaners. We had breakfast included in our stay which we found was great, we were made fresh poached eggs every morning. I found that whilst the staff did not speak much English they were still pleasant and helpful. I would 100% stay here again if I was in the area. I would also highly recommend the Thailand backpackers, they were great help with everything from the day we arrived and even helped us plan onward journeys, and we made some great friends through the bar crawls they arranged!

Room Tip: Perfect for full moon goers!
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura C
Reviewed August 3, 2013

I stayed here 1 night. We arrived late in the evening so we didn't had a lot of time to discover the different resorts. The first impression was okay because the pool looks nice and it is nearby sea. When we arrived at the reception we were not friendly greeted at all. We just came from an amazing hotel in Koh Samui so i was really disappointed about the arrogant and unfriendly service. They didn't explain anything and we needed about the Wifi and hairdryer ourself. The room was very simpel and the bathroom was dirty with sand and dead insects. I didn't expect 5* luxury but this was a waist of our time and money. The next morning we left as soon as possible. After getting our deposit back from the receptionist we said goodbye. There was sitting an employee from the hotel nearby the reception staring at an TV. He and the girl from the reception didn't said goodbye at all!! I would not recommend this hotel to anybody. We did not feel welcome at all and for a couple of 100 Baht extra you can get a better room at a better resort with friendly employees!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank manhattan1989
Reviewed July 1, 2013

I was there for one night - 23 June 2013 - for the full moon party. Paid premium last minute rate of about $93 USD. Nice enough room with big balcony, big windows, good ceiling fan, strong AC, mini-fridge, TV, etc. Maybe worth it if sharing the room and expenses (3-4 people?) but for one person it is not good value for money. The location, however, is pretty great. Swimming pool right on sunrise beach and a great base for Full Moon party (easy to go back to room, use toilet, have a drink, etc). Staff were rude and in a hurry and didn't want me to pay with credit card (cash is better for us, they said); then finally charged me 3% extra for using credit card. Within 2-3 mins. walk of lots of bars, restaurants, minimarts (Mama Schnitzel's, Chicken Corner, 7-11 all nearby).

Room Tip: Be sure to get a room with balcony overlooking pool.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 10 nights and on average it was ok. Nice pool excellent position on beach front. The trouble I have had us that after we checked in signed to paper work an paid upfront they came to our room and said the price was actually another £60. I don't think this is acceptable. I am yet to check out but do not intend on paying this. We had 3 nights in 2 different rooms with broken air conditioning units. We are now on our 3rd room and all has been well. I also complained last night as I bought an hours worth of wifi that didn't work for my room. The member of staff was rude an huffed and puffed asking why I had not complained at 3am!!! After I bought it. Eventually he stuffed the money back in my hand. No apology for inconvenience. I felt like I had done something wrong! Not customer friendly at all.
So on average I would say if its just about the location go for the hotel if you def want cool nights and excellent service then no.

• Stayed: May 2013