“Happy Stay”

Sarikantang Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed March 22, 2014

The Hotel is located at south of Koh Phangan Island. The rooms are good and self sufficient. The hotel has 2 swimming pools. The food at the restaurant is good and reasonably priced. The restaurant shuts by 10 pm. The buffet breakfast spread is not great.

The staff is courteous, helpful and warm. The hotel has direct access to the beach, which it shares with neighboring hotels. The beach is clean, water is clear and has the view of the mountains of Koh Samui. The sight of the mountains by the blue sea is awesome.

The hotel is well equipped with WIFI connectivity. The hotel also offers movie DVD on rental basis. The hotels have well defined rules for each activity.

Room Tip: Book the rooms behind the Reception area.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RupeshM

Reviewed March 18, 2014

Stayed here at the beginning of 2013 for the Full Moon party around Australia day (26th January), well located away from the main strip of the full moon main beach, yet close enough to walk. It has (basically) its own private beach with white sands and amazing views. Myself and one friend booked the most basic room, another friend didn't book and wanted to sleep on the ground, the staff allowed this at a small excess fee, we split the room and ended up staying cheaper. I can't speak much for the food because we slept through the complimentary buffet breakfast every morning but i ate dinner there a few times and it was quite good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Me n my boyfriend stayed here for one night before heading to the other side of Island.... & it was beautiful the rooms where spot on, like 5 star quality! Staff was friendly enough and spoke fluent English even helped us to which food is the best, which was spot on too, fresh seafood too! I'd recommend this one if you wanna relax.... Plus it's not far from the place where the full moon party is, about 15 mins walk! We even was considering extending are stay for another night, but we was on a tight schedule! But overall out of all resorts here I'd stay this one, abit further than others but this would probably be the best by far as I've seen!!!!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I stayed here the 7th and 8th of March 2014 .. I love this resort !! Staff very helpful and friendly , the room very nice and clean . The resort has two pool one for everyone ( dirty and nothing special) and the private one which was amazingly nice with the beach view !!!the beach is nice even though the water was full of things inside not sure what ,algae perhaps, but I hurt myself in there .. a bit disappointed by the sea !!
The resort is 8 walking minutes from the main full moon party area , it's closed enough if u want to reach it but also far enough if u'd like to avoid it !! I did not particularly like this side of the island , as I found it very dirty full of younger wanted to get drunk and very touristy with not class .Careful if u rent a scooter as I did ( this wasn't in the resort).. The charged me for few scratches they said I did.. Don't know what they were talking about so I have to pay quite a lot to get my passport back . The resort was the best part if this trip

Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2014

It is a bit far from Haad Rins center, but quite easy 15 minute walk. Luckily there is a free shuttle bus to the center a couple of times every day. Great place for 2-7 days.

Lovely ocean view from the restaurant just 10 meters from the beach. Breakfast was basic but nothing to complain about.

There are two pools, one being smaller just by the beach and the other a bigger in front of "straight pool access" rooms. Both of the pools are good but I preferred the long white sand beach.

Our room was a bungalow, nice and clean but the bathroom ceiling was wet and smelled like mold. Bed was nice and comfy. Apart from the bathroom, this hotel was great value for money and one of our best experiences in our month long holiday in Thailand. Absolutely worth the price paid 37€/night incl.breakf.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Koh Phangan was our second stop (after Koh samui).
Having stayed at a resort owned by a chain in Samui; I was lil bit apprehensive out this hotel. But I was pleasantly surprised at the serene beauty this property offers! It has nice view of the ocean and after sunset you can see lights on the other side of the island (which we guess was of Bophut beach)
Hotel is very centrally located (market at walking distance) but yet so peaceful and isolated. After reading reviews on trip advisor and reading the room tips we decided to book the New Deluxe lanai rooms for our 2 night stay. We were given room on first floor with pool facing view. However didn't like the room as much for 2 reasons; there some stains etc. on the counter where the tv was kept and the bathroom was old (needs solid refurbish). We requested the front desk for room change and were promptly assigned a fresh room (deluxe with bath) which was a cottage with partial sea view (cheaper than room we had earlier booked). The hotel also compensated the difference in rates by offering us a spa voucher (couldn't refund the money as we had booked through an agent)
Having said above; the room was nice and fresh. Though didn't get to use the open to sky bath due to loads of mosquitoes.
B.fast was average; but they serve wonderful al la carte dishes (lunch / dinner). We are vegetarians and they made us really nice Pasta; sandwiches etc. Their restaurant is sea facing with breath taking view!!
Spa was average. My therapist was good but my husband's therapist was old and wanted to just get done with the massage hence I rate the experience as average.
They do have few rules which we found were funny considering it’s a beach holiday resort for e.g. if u need your room to be made; you need to inform them before 4 pm! Also they do offer free shuttle service to Haad Rin area but don’t have a pick up (don’t know why. Also we got a pick up from Lomprayah ferry to hotel for 400 baht (private taxi) but were charged 300 baht for drop to same pier and that too in shared tuk tuk (we nearly missed our ferry). When I asked the front desk about private taxi they quoted 600 bahts which was 200 baht more than what we paid for pick up. Why this different rate? Staff was unable to understand / explain. Btw language is a problem; very few of the staff can even understand and communicate in basic English.
There are loads of mosquitoes in Koh Phangan especially after sunset; so sitting out without a mosquito repellent is a bad idea.
Didn't use much of the other facilities but overall we were happy with our stay! Staff was very warm and ready to help.
The view of sunset at the beach is out of this world and don't miss it.
Overall loved the hotel for its amazing ocean view!!

Room Tip: Avoid New deluxe Lanai unless you want easy access to one of their pools (this pool has sea view)
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Krina_R_Mehta
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Had one of the newer rooms above the pool which was really quite nice. No major complaints about the room or the resort as a whole. I would give it a 3.5 star if that was possible. Nothing stands out about this place per say other than maybe the terrible road that leads down to the resort. Breakfast buffet is okay. But just okay. Food & beverage service in general needs to be taken over and overseen by someone professional in the industry. Resort staff are by in large friendly, but not on a resort level of friendly. This property has a lot of potential with new and proper management.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends