We stayed at the Sarikantang for 4 nights (12-16/11/2012) at the deluxe pool access rooms.
- The hotel is quite close to the main Haad-Rin beach (5 mintes walk) although the walk is a small climb on an unpaved road which could also get muddy if it rained in the last days - also note that most of the taxis would only take you to the entrance of this small road - the rest you'll have to take the hotel's taxi or go by foot.(~200 meters)
- The food is quite good and not expensive.
- The deluxe pool access room are relatively new so they are quite modernly designed.
- The beach is nice and relaxing
- The price is fair.
- Compared to other hotels we stayed in in Thailand, this hotel's service is not as good. We also didn't like the fact that they charge you on the whole stay right on the checkin and also add 1% credit charge to the original amount.
- Ants are constant members of the room.
- Since the pool is shared between all the guests of the pool-access rooms you need to choose between staying in the dark with the curtains closed or opening the curtains and have no privacy what so ever.
- We also once left our key by mistake with a friend and at 02:00am when we asked the if the front desk representative could open the door for us so we won't be left outside he acted as if he doesn't know english and said he has no key to open our room (sounds reasonable? not to me)
- Although the Spa of the hotel is not expensive I'd recommend to do your messages elsewhere. I got a Thai message over there which was one of the worst messages I've ever got.
Bottom line - these hotel might be good enough for travelers who wish to upgrade their usual stay at guest houses, but for people who want good hotel with clean rooms and warm staff should look elsewhere.(I believe the Cocohut hotel which is right next to this hotel is a better option which I cover in a separate review)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sarikantang Reosort & Spa, a casual small beach resort in Haad Rin, Koh Phangan, located just 5 minutes walk in to Haad Rin city and the full moon party. The great place with best combination of relaxing beach life and exciting night party in Koh Phangan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sarikantang Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sarikantang Hotel Koh Phangan
- Sarikantang Resort And Spa
- Sarikantang Ko Phangan
- Sarikantang Hotel Ko Phangan