First the positives:
Others have written about how great this place is. They are right -- the beachfront lounge chairs are fun to hang out on, and the drinks at the bar are very good.
The BBQ was absolutely amazing: We had the whole red snapper, which was so fresh and perfectly seasoned. Probably one of the best meals we had in Asia.
Another good thing is the new manager. His name is Pond and he "gets it" when it comes to the needs of Western travelers. This is probably since he has lived in the US and Europe and wants to give the best service possible.
1. The front desk staff is TERRIBLE. They are either very mean/angry when you ask for help, or they simply don't care to try to help customers, and that is an understatement. (But don't worry, the rest of the hotel staff is really great)
2. The cheapest rooms are bad. They are no more than wooden bungalows on stilts that have holes in the floor which let insects come in at night. They are also tiny. Consider paying $5 more a night and getting a significantly better room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Milky Bay Resort is peacefully located on Koh Phangan at Ban Tai beach makes it is easy to travel to all parts of the island. Haad Rin, the location of the monthly full moon party, is only 15 minutes drive away, At Milky Bay all bungalows are equipped to meet the highest of standards. All bungalows are air-conditioned and have western bathrooms with hot and cold water showers. The room decor is a blend of modern sophistication with local Thai and traditional African decorative elements and furnishings. Each room has a spacious balcony with sea or garden views. The bungalows are surrounded by lush vegetation All pathways are covered with soft wood-shavings, which give the resort a special rural character, and make it comfortable to walk barefooted around the resort. Set under a crisp tropical sky, overlooking the calm inviting ocean and spilling onto a soft milky beach all huddled between beautiful lush gardens is Milky Bay. You can savour sunset cocktails, taste the delectable flavours of Thai cuisine and pizzas or enjoy a beachfront barbecue Thai style with fresh seafood.Keep yourself busy with the wide range of activities available at the resort cool your senses with a swim in the pool after a day of adventure and unforgettable images or relax with a massage followed by a herbal steam. If it is relaxation and tranquility you are after or a holiday filled with adventure, then it is all waiting for you at Milky Bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, HostelWorld, Hotwire, Travelocity and HotelQuickly so you can book your Milky Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Milky Bay Hotel Koh Phangan
- Milky Bay Ko Phangan