“Amazing Staff, Great Location”
Review of Palita Lodge

Palita Lodge
Ranked #14 of 91 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Reviewed July 26, 2014

Great location, Stayed here for 5 nights in the pool view room for the full moon party. The hotel is right on haad rin beach without being way too loud and if you are in the party mood walk over one hotel to tommy resort and you are in the middle of the action. Be advise that the pool view rooms right next to tommy resort / other bars and during the full moon parties you will hear the base bumping until 4-5am which I did not mind at all.

The room was clean and well kept. The A/C could be fickle at times but I have found this to be a problem with a lot of rooms in SE Asia. I did not experience the red centipedes in my room that others have commented on but a gecko did find its way in when I kept the door open.

Staff was very friendly and accommodating and the family that runs the resort definitely made me feel right at home. Food was good and fairly price for a resort.

The pool was nice but like others have said it closes too early. Compared to other hotels I have visited on haad rin, I would have to say that palita lodge is on the quiet side during the full moon. Just the right amount of friend and mellow guests staying at palita lodge and if you wanted to party hard you could walk over to any one of the neighboring hotels/bars.

Room Tip: pick a garden view room on the other side not facing tommys if you want it to be quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank chris h

Reviewed June 19, 2014

The staff were really helpful here. The location is stunning. We went out of season when the Full Moon Party wasn't on. During this time it is very quiet so don't expect a mad party. However, there are other places to visit for parties. We stayed in a beach front villa and it was gorgeous. Air con is great too.

Room Tip: Beach front is worth the money!
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 17, 2014

After walking along Hadd Rin beach we arrived at Palita Lodge and the initial impression we got was "WOW". It is situated right on the beach and the staff were so hospitable and friendly you almost felt bad! A staff member instantly took our bags off us and sat us down and offered us a welcoming drink and made conversation with us while we waited for our reservation to be confirmed. All Staff spoke very good English and would do anything to make our stay more enjoyable. We were fortunate enough to get an upgrade to a pool side villa which was a stone throw from the beach also. The Staff were very informative and took all the guesswork out of everything which was quite nice as we came here to relax and to go to the half moon party!
Food at the restaurant was delicious and some of the best I've had in Thailand especially the coconut curry. rooms were Spacious and very very clean and could not fault it at all.
Pool was beautiful and refreshing and you could have the choice of either lounging by the pool reading or lying on the beach. Everything about Palita Lodge is 5 stars. Clean rooms, attentive and kind staff, Nice pool, Perfect location and delicious food. A must stay if if going to Ko Phangan

Room Tip: Get a room with a pool view well worth the extra money
1  Thank Victor D
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as a group of 5 for 5 nights to celebrate the Full Moon Party. We have not been disappointed and we did not want to leave to go to the next place! The management and staff are friendly and welcoming, it is like being with family. We took an afternoon tour to the waterfall and a sunset look out spot, during the tour we had wanted to go somewhere where the locals would eat and it was not too much trouble and we could stay as long as we wanted.
I would highly recommend Palita Lodge to friends and family and anyone who would like to listen.
THANK YOU for making our stay so comfortable and enjoyable.
if you are visiting for the Full Moon Party, you will not be disturbed by the celebrations, the buffet is amazing and the entrance from the beach is managed with staff to ensure only residents enter the establishment.
The pool is amazing....I could go on!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 9, 2014

Had to pay 5 nights when only wanted 1 for the full moon, but wish we could have stayed longer- it was fantastic. Absolutely beautiful, right onto the beach, the staff were so friendly and great. Really wish we could have stayed longer, it was total bliss!

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed in November 2013 over the busy period FMP. It was low season due to the impending monsoon period. I got a cheapie 1500bht a day for a week. I got a real nice one to stay in just up from where I ended up staying as it was a mistake with the rooms apparently. I suspect someone forked out more.
What I got was the notorious corner bungalow that I read about with the Mosquitos.

Actually it wasn't that bad if you were prepared. They cleaned your room daily and gave you a citronella oil burner in the room. I bought extra tee light candles to keep it going and being a garden and pool view it was mosquito loka. But I sprayed myself with heaps of citronella and even had the oil burner outside.
Pool wasn't clean leaf wise but wasn't dirty either. The prices are a bit steep inside for food and drink, but it's reliable and comes with quick on time service. Breakfast comes with the room and it was ok.

The people who run it are great people and will help you with a bike, travel, taxi whatever.
It's straight on the beach to. You can get In low season a bungalow with beachfront cheap but you have to ask when you book or roll up there.

Room Tip: Stay clear of the corner room it has a camera pointing out to the path so your on reality TV 24/7 on...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Manny W
Reviewed May 18, 2014

Warm welcome after a long trip was great, pool area clean and stylish, rooms were nice, fantastic location right on the beach!

Would highly recommend to people travelling to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon + a few days recovery.

The owner is a lovely lady, who even gave us a free lunch off the menu because we were leaving early! Deserves to do well!

Room Tip: Only get a beach room if you're prepared not to get any sleep on Full Moon nights!