“Very nice people, Great hotel on the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Palita Lodge

Palita Lodge
Ranked #12 of 89 Hotels in Ko Pha Ngan
Sydney, Australia
“Very nice people, Great hotel on the beach”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2014

I stayed in November 2013 over the busy period FMP. It was low season due to the impending monsoon period. I got a cheapie 1500bht a day for a week. I got a real nice one to stay in just up from where I ended up staying as it was a mistake with the rooms apparently. I suspect someone forked out more.
What I got was the notorious corner bungalow that I read about with the Mosquitos.

Actually it wasn't that bad if you were prepared. They cleaned your room daily and gave you a citronella oil burner in the room. I bought extra tee light candles to keep it going and being a garden and pool view it was mosquito loka. But I sprayed myself with heaps of citronella and even had the oil burner outside.
Pool wasn't clean leaf wise but wasn't dirty either. The prices are a bit steep inside for food and drink, but it's reliable and comes with quick on time service. Breakfast comes with the room and it was ok.

The people who run it are great people and will help you with a bike, travel, taxi whatever.
It's straight on the beach to. You can get In low season a bungalow with beachfront cheap but you have to ask when you book or roll up there.

Room Tip: Stay clear of the corner room it has a camera pointing out to the path so your on reality TV 24/7 on...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Manny W

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014

Warm welcome after a long trip was great, pool area clean and stylish, rooms were nice, fantastic location right on the beach!

Would highly recommend to people travelling to Koh Phangan for the Full Moon + a few days recovery.

The owner is a lovely lady, who even gave us a free lunch off the menu because we were leaving early! Deserves to do well!

Room Tip: Only get a beach room if you're prepared not to get any sleep on Full Moon nights!
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2014

The reviews sounded good on trip advisor so I booked at Palita. Boy was I wrong. It was a horrible experience. Bugs, giant flying cockroaches in my room and extremely long centipedes crawling around. I barely slept at all. The staff was rude and not helpful at all, which is an understatement to say the least. They woke me up at 6am while I was in the shower so they could look in my refrigerator and charge me ASAP if i ate or drank anything before checkout. Such horrible treatment by the managing husband/wife staff. See for yourself if you don't believe me. The beach access and view was nice but definitely not worth that treatment. There are better places to stay on the beach for sure. Message me if you need a rec.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank Nomadpj
Jerusalem, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2014

amazing hotel! the room are very cleen and good condition
the pool very quiet and nice! the location very very good
the staff great and the brekfast perfect!!!!
one of the best hotel in koh phangan!!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

We booked one night here as we didn't know what to expect being on haad rin beach, but yes this hotel was beautiful we wished we booked longer! The staff are all so friendly and on arrival we were given ice tea and our bags taken for us, we hadn't even put our bags down and we had staff at the door with a fruit platter for us! The pool was lovely and a 10secs walk and your on the beautiful beach. The room was amazing and the food was yummy too. When we were leaving the check out was perfect they booked us a taxi to our next destination and changed our money for us. It's near to everything you need all bars and restaurants are literally a 2min walk, perfect spot!!!

Room Tip: Pool view lower floor - perfect room!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Missnat2000
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

We stayed in a pool view room ground floor and although its a pretty place with o.k rooms the food is not so great, never came to order correctly and was quite expensive. The room cost us in full moon time about £80 a night! As we had 2 friends join us to stay (sharing double mattress on the floor) they had to pay an extra £20 each per night!! Ridiculous now i actually think about it. I have paid £20 for similar rooms. I guess they really do milk the full moon party! The full moon party was carnage and in the morning my phone was stolen so not a great start to our trip! The nicest thing about our stay here of 5 days was the (oh yeah u gotta pay about 250-500 baht per person for gala dinner too) dinner at full moon which was passable. Luckily we had good friends around us. Air-con kept breaking down. Pool closes waaay too early. The room was cleaned regularly but we had long pinky red millipede things infested in our room also and it was always a mad race to catch them before they slid under the bed with their big pincers ewwww! They tried to charge us when we were leaving for the tiniest smidgen of makeup on the bed (Easily washed off) but we refused to pay and they just accepted it as they knew they were trying it. Its a shame they were not so efficient as they claim at Palita as it is quite gorgeous surroundings. Stay somewhere else, preferably not Haadrin as yeah you will want to be close to the party if that is your thing but i prefered it on Thong nai pan and then occasionally coming to party at Haadrin. If you want to party at this beach every night then stay at Baan tai. I love Haadrin out of full moon times! Much cheaper then too. This place has too many strict rules and although i understand the need at certain times you just feel you are been assessed here all the time. Its not the Thai customer service I'm used to! Watch out for the lady who runs this place...shes on the ball and knows how to make money!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank charlenelouisestyles
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights. It was right on the beach, just a few minutes walk from lots of stalls, bars and places to eat and very lively. The pool area and restaurant area was lovely and we also went to the half moon party, which the staff at the hotel dropped us of at for like 100 baht (roughly £2) each. The bungalows were so clean, beds comfy and the bathrooms were clean too. Had breakfast here a couple of times was nice, and you order what you like, rather than choose from a buffet. From the foyer you can literally step onto the beach and it is amazing. White sand, clear water and on one of the days we were there huge huge waves. We had so much fun here and would definitely stay again.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple